Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

Up front we have Carroll (crocked), Ameobi, Best, Lovenkrands, Airey and Ranger, and just behind we have Nolan (at a push) and Ben Arfa (crocked). A cardboard box would improve our attacking play at the moment to be honest.

I've heard that Ashley wouldn't match the cardboard box's wage demands

Guest Roger Kint

well, if Gosling's f***ed I'd change my mind on this but still.. Can anybody realistically see Ireland come here and instantly improve our attacking play after two seasons of doing nothing?

Barton this year tbh :pow:

well, if Gosling's f***ed I'd change my mind on this but still.. Can anybody realistically see Ireland come here and instantly improve our attacking play after two seasons of doing nothing?

It won't be like he's forgotten how to kick a ball...

Guest VegasToon

TBF, he is Irish, so he probably has.

I would take a player strong mental toughness and desire with a little less talent, over a very talented player with these kinds of mental issues 99 times 100.

Doesn't that describe someone like... Alan Smith? Hard working grafters lacking the talent of top drawer players will only take you so far.

You also made the point saying that playing Ireland in the hole is a flawed notion because it would take away Nolan's effectiveness - but isn't is the case that Nolan has only scored three of his goals when playing off the striker with the rest coming when he played in a conventional centre midfield role?

Yes, signing Ireland has risks attached, but as we don't appear to be signing a striker this window, isn't the next best option to sign a number 10?

Get him to tarmac drives for a few weeks and he wont be long getting it back, eh?

Guest icemanblue

Get him to tarmac drives for a few weeks and he wont be long getting it back, eh?

Feeding him potatoes should do the trick.

Guest bmoregeordie

... a pint of Guiness, three betting slips and a brand new cd full of "twiddly-dee" folk songs:)

sounds like the start to a good evening to me.

so this deal looks pretty certain now? lets do it, man! we've got a thin squad and its only a loan so this makes complete sense.

It could be done tonight. According to Mr Ireland senior.

so this deal looks pretty certain now? lets do it, man! we've got a thin squad and its only a loan so this makes complete sense.

Any news?

Any news?

It could be done last night.

Any news?

It could be done last night.

The hold up is at Villas end.

Having said that I've had no more texts today.

Probably waiting to see if they can get a better deal from another club. 

If we get him which i believe we will it wont be until Monday.