Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think his character is a problem but we've got a fantastic group for him to join, I don't believe he could effect the group because he's just one player. I'd be worried if we had 2 or 3.

He's a very good player and a type of midfield we need, so on loan would be good imo.

Guest Roger Kint

Now Routledge left is he taking number 10 jersy?

I think that would be reserved for Ben Afra.

Ben Arfa has a number, surely you know this?

The thing that concerns me is pardew recently stressed it's 4-4-2 every time so where will Ireland play? We can't drop Nolan for a number of reasons.

We can, Nolan isn't a better player than Ireland.

The thing that concerns me is pardew recently stressed it's 4-4-2 every time so where will Ireland play? We can't drop Nolan for a number of reasons.

Isn't he?? going off what?

Guest Roger Kint

Well one is the 4th top scorer in the Premier League this season from midfield. The other....well its open to debate as to how he will fare given he has hardly played in 12 months. Bit of a leap to say he will be better than Nolan simply because he has been in the past.

We need a striker ffs. Ameobi/Best/lovenkrands/Ranger aren't the players who till take us forward next to Carroll. We need a fast striker. If Ireland does come and he does play he's best football we have to play Nolan up top behind Carroll. No point in taking him off the field.

When he was a passenger in almost half of the games last year in the Championship

When Nolan doesn't play, the side lacks leadership. Our two most rudderless performances have come without him in the side. We are all aware of his limitations, but dropping him now would be absolutely mental, he's scored an excellent number of important goals.

We need a striker ffs. Ameobi/Best/lovenkrands/Ranger aren't the players who till take us forward next to Carroll. We need a fast striker. If Ireland does come and he does play he's best football we have to play Nolan up top behind Carroll. No point in taking him off the field.

Nolan as a second striker doesn't work. Ireland up top would make much more sense.

When he was a passenger in almost half of the games last year in the Championship

And what has Ireland's form been like??

You cant go on past reputation, Nolan has been great for us this season.

I would like Ireland here as I still feel he has a lot to offer, but at the moment I would have Nolan in

the team ahead of him every time.

There's no reason to drop Nolan if Ireland is signed, to begin with at least, Ireland would have to prove his form and fitness. If he did then there would be a very strong argument to put him in ahead of Nolan. He can score goals like Nolan, but as an additional bonus he can also provide a midfield engine and creative ability. Assuming he can re-discover his form of course.

Nolan as a second striker doesn't work. Ireland up top would make much more sense.

Yep. I'm not sure why people are overlooking the fact that Ireland is better in that position than he is in the center of midfield.

strange one but il gladly take another body for the squad,hes done nothing for a good 6-12 month, but the season he was linking up with Robinho at city he was total class, shame he dont come with Robinho but maybe he can recreate that magic with Shola  ;D

It makes me laugh whenever people put up formations that we could play if we signed this player and if we signed that player, and they often don't put Nolan in the side. Like it or not he's our captain FFS, he's not going to get dropped for a new signing!

It makes me laugh whenever people put up formations that we could play if we signed this player and if we signed that player, and they often don't put Nolan in the side. Like it or not he's our captain FFS, he's not going to get dropped for a new signing!

Can't belive people want to drop Nolan. Along with Carroll he is our only goalscorer..

barton - tiote - ireland - jonas

nolan

carroll

what am i missing?  works for me 'cause both 'wingers' are responsible and help out tiote if ireland goes wandering, irelend and nolan would probably rotate a fair bit depending who would be furthest up

nolan

carroll

what am i missing?  works for me 'cause both 'wingers' are responsible and help out tiote if ireland goes wandering, irelend and nolan would probably rotate a fair bit depending who would be furthest up

HBA ?

nolan

carroll

HBA ?

well when he's fit he replaces jonas probably

or nol-....ah wait i see what you did there, hmmmm

squad game man, chop and change to suit opponents - everyone always complains we have no depth, you can't then expect someone with the mobility and fitness of nolan to perform the entire season