Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has he got previous to disrupting the dressing room?

Not that I know of, he just comes across as a bit of a nut case that might get up people's noses.

Aye because we've not had any of them before...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_RWOnrKFYUwQ/STa0hEO_rPI/AAAAAAAAiK0/Yt9F0eOjHuo/s400/JoeyBarton_0.jpg

:shifty:

He just seems a little eccentric, we currently have a number of players who are a lot greater risk of upsetting the dressing room.

If Carroll breaking Taylor's jaw doesn't even create a ripple I am pretty sure Ireland turning up to training on a pink giraffe isn't going to ruin it all.

Guest Heneage

Not that I know of, he just comes across as a bit of a nut case that might get up people's noses.

Even still he would only single himself out. I think if played in his correct position of attacking midfield he could be a real revelation. He knows Barton who will help him settle having come through the City academy.

If he turns out poorly we ship him back no harm no foul. I'm really excited about this tbh.

Even still he would only single himself out. I think if played in his correct position of attacking midfield he could be a real revelation. He knows Barton who will help him settle having come through the City academy.

If he turns out poorly we ship him back no harm no foul. I'm really excited about this tbh.

I agree, I was just exploring any possible down sides.

I think he's got a 70% chance of doing well for us at least!

Good move for all concerned. I hope he comes back brimming with confidence in his own abilities again after he is the outstanding player in a valiant, but ultimately unsuccessful, effort to keep them in the prem.

I hope he helps to take them down.

I hope Newcastle go down again now...he is soooo ungreatful...we were willing to get him back on track with his career in place of Milner but he has just threw it back in our face or so it seems. It hurts. He won't play for us again I don't think

What's so bad about Nolan apart from the club he plays for?

Nolan is a clearing in the woods. I hated him at Bolton, and I hate him even more now he plays for N*******e.

Why do they hate us so much? :lol:

Sad as fuck.

Good move for all concerned. I hope he comes back brimming with confidence in his own abilities again after he is the outstanding player in a valiant, but ultimately unsuccessful, effort to keep them in the prem.

Sad as f***.

But we're in a better position than them already...

Guest MrSundlofer

I hope he helps to take them down.

I hope Newcastle go down again now...he is soooo ungreatful...we were willing to get him back on track with his career in place of Milner but he has just threw it back in our face or so it seems. It hurts. He won't play for us again I don't think

What's so bad about Nolan apart from the club he plays for?

Nolan is a clearing in the woods. I hated him at Bolton, and I hate him even more now he plays for N*******e.

Sad as f***.

6-0.

Yeah what is with the Villa animosity? Brummie?

Seems a bit random.

I don't know, I haven't observed any.

It seems a bit daft to infer any kind of great loathing on the postings of a few internet mongs.

There are equally mongish people on here who give me all sorts of shit about Villa, and you don't have to look far on here for examples of people saying how much they hate us / want us to go down etc.

People will be people.

I bet that quote is from VillaTalk, though, which makes RTG look like the musings of Alain de Botton.

I have literally no feelings about Villa, except being slightly miffed about the relegation gloating they did.

TBF to Ireland he was pretty much forced to go to Villa in the first place, and it seemed like he resented being made a make-weight in someone else's transfer deal.

Hopefully he'll be another player with a point to prove who will prove it player for us.

They're mad as a box of frogs. How can there be so much animosty from a club with no rivalrous links to us whatsoever?

Weird.

Why don't you ask some of the posters on here? (ref: "Let's all laugh at Villa" thread)

They're mad as a box of frogs. How can there be so much animosty from a club with no rivalrous links to us whatsoever?

Weird.

Why don't you ask some of the posters on here? (ref: "Let's all laugh at Villa" thread)

They started it though. There was literally no ill-feeling towards them until their mackem union and relegation gloating.

Man City opinions on Ireland coming here:

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=206096

Similarly appear to be cunts.

I have literally no feelings about Villa, except being slightly miffed about the relegation gloating they did.

TBF to Ireland he was pretty much forced to go to Villa in the first place, and it seemed like he resented being made a make-weight in someone else's transfer deal.

Hopefully he'll be another player with a point to prove who will prove it player for us.

See, that's the thing, nobody forces players to do anything these days.

I hope he does very well with you, too, as it means we'll either sell him to you, or we'll have him back after having put in a decent few months.

The problem is, this thread contains lots of the things I saw when he joined us.

1. "He's got something to prove"

2. "He's very talented" (this bit is true)

3. "He's been forced out of City, he'll flourish in this environment"

4. "Who cares if he's mental, he just wants to play football" (he didn't)

5. "He was fantastic two years ago, if we can get that back, we've a hell of a player"

6. "All that lying about his gran / miscarriages / whatever stuff is in the past" (it wasn't, he started pulling tricks with us)

etc etc etc.

The issue i have with him is that I strongly suspect he's so utterly bonkers, he's never going to get it sorted.