Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As people have said before it tends to be people on the internet that hate Taylor more than in real life, maybe because most on the internet aren't locals.  I find myself defending him to balance out the irrational hatred.

Loads of people who sit around me at the match have identified the fact that Taylor is a footballing fraud.

Less so though.  I think about 5% on here defend Taylor, a lot less than round the pubs/at the match.

As I say I think locals maybe defend him a bit more and people from other parts of the world seem to have less time for him.

I've always found it the opposite. Taylor's biggest critics on here are all local.

We probably tend to analyse a lot more than the common man. I've heard some crap on here over the last 5 years, but it doesn't begin to compare to what you'll hear in an hour down the pub or even on a certain FB group.

As i've said, the lad's behaviour on the pitch is often a complete embarrassment. Just like his defending.

i was more embarrassed by colo's in his first season than i've ever been by taylors defending.

As people have said before it tends to be people on the internet that hate Taylor more than in real life, maybe because most on the internet aren't locals.  I find myself defending him to balance out the irrational hatred.

Loads of people who sit around me at the match have identified the fact that Taylor is a footballing fraud.

Less so though.  I think about 5% on here defend Taylor, a lot less than round the pubs/at the match.

As I say I think locals maybe defend him a bit more and people from other parts of the world seem to have less time for him.

I've always found it the opposite. Taylor's biggest critics on here are all local.

it's often bizzarre how some players, not the top line club stars become either faves (given excuses and allowed to get away with all sorts) or despised and slated for stuff other wouldn't.

Rio Ferdinand got it spot on when he told/motioned to Taylor that he was playing up to the crowd deliberately. He nailed Ronaldo late near the touchline and got away with it iirc. 

Generally comes across as a fucking prick.

That's because you're completely biased, congrats.

or honest.

Errr, are you actually questioning him on his views on Steven Taylor?! You know you're wrong, don't you?

more so about coloccini's form in his first season.

Guest Antec

Sorry to take the thread OT, but listening to that Pardew interview, I'd be very surprised if we don't sign Ireland in the Summer.

I've suspected this for a while, fits the blueprint perfectly.

That's because you're completely biased, congrats.

or honest.

Errr, are you actually questioning him on his views on Steven Taylor?! You know you're wrong, don't you?

more so about coloccini's form in his first season.

You're still wrong. Look at the tone in the sentences, he's obviously correct, why else would he be so cock-sure?

Sorry to take the thread OT, but listening to that Pardew interview, I'd be very surprised if we don't sign Ireland in the Summer.

what makes you think that?

He's talking about the sort of players he's looking to bring in, whether he has targets, and after waffling a bit about how hard it is to get the players you want he volunteers Ireland as an example of a player who is young and has lots of talent and could recharge his career at Newcastle.

I got the feeling it was pretty much a done deal and wouldn't be surprised if the transfer was already agreed in principle.

He's talking about the sort of players he's looking to bring in, whether he has targets, and after waffling a bit about how hard it is to get the players you want he volunteers Ireland as an example of a player who is young and has lots of talent and could recharge his career at Newcastle.

I got the feeling it was pretty much a done deal and wouldn't be surprised if the transfer was already agreed in principle.

hope not, he's only had one really good season in his career, and despite possessing some talent, he's shown he's very weak mentally and royally fucked up his clean slate at Villa. If he doesn't take the rest of the season by storm and shows that he is significantly better than what we already have (ie Barton and Nolan but also HBA for that central role) then we should steer well clear. There's better options out there with less baggage imo.

Unfortunately you do get the impression that our transfer policy is as much as about opportunism than it is about getting in the right players.

hope not, he's only had one really good season in his career, and despite possessing some talent, he's shown he's very weak mentally and royally f***ed up his clean slate at Villa. If he doesn't take the rest of the season by storm and shows that he is significantly better than what we already have (ie Barton and Nolan but also HBA for that central role) then we should steer well clear. There's better options out there with less baggage imo.

Unfortunately you do get the impression that our transfer policy is as much as about opportunism than it is about getting in the right players.

At least he has proven (albeit for one season) that he can be fantastic in this league.

There's no doubt he has the ability to do it again but it's up to us to get it out of him. This is something that the best managers and coaching teams are able to do with temperamental players - it remains to be seen whether or not Pardew and Carver can.

If we had Keegan or Sir Bobby managing us now i'd have every confidence that Ireland could recapture his best form.

hope not, he's only had one really good season in his career, and despite possessing some talent, he's shown he's very weak mentally and royally f***ed up his clean slate at Villa. If he doesn't take the rest of the season by storm and shows that he is significantly better than what we already have (ie Barton and Nolan but also HBA for that central role) then we should steer well clear. There's better options out there with less baggage imo.

until you put 'villa' in that first sentence it could easily have been joey barton till last season.

until you put 'villa' in that first sentence it could easily have been joey barton till last season.

True, Barton's mental issues, injury problems and chronic lack of form made him an awful signing up until recently. wouldn't want us to take a similar risk on Ireland.

As i've said, the lad's behaviour on the pitch is often a complete embarrassment. Just like his defending.

i was more embarrassed by colo's in his first season than i've ever been by taylors defending.

Agree.

Rio Ferdinand got it spot on when he told/motioned to Taylor that he was playing up to the crowd deliberately. He nailed Ronaldo late near the touchline and got away with it iirc. 

Generally comes across as a fucking prick.

Disgraceful behaviour.