Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Chubby Jason

Bramble cost us more points than anyone else in Sir. Bobby's last season, it's clear that a more competent centre-back in place of him would have got us into the top 4 that season.

Bramble cost us more points than anyone else in Sir. Bobby's last season, it's clear that a more competent centre-back in place of him would have got us into the top 4 that season.

we lost more points through the central midfiled allowing the oppositions midfiled to wander through totally unmarked.

Shambles was a strange fker, most of the time utter shit yet glimpses of brilliance... remember him at home vs Chelski when he owned Drogba for the entire match.

Next game back to utter shit.

“This is a good place for me to settle in the next few months, and who knows what could happen in the summertime.

“It could turn out to be permanent. We don’t know, or it could turn into a loan again.

“We will see what happens in the next two months.”

“It has been an absolute nightmare – it feels like I have not kicked a ball for so long.

“I have not played competitively for so long and it has been difficult.

“When the new manager came in at Villa, I was left out of eight squads in a row – and that hurts.

“The lads were going away to hotels and playing games, and I felt really isolated at home.”

Zzzzz.

Just to confirm, you're talking about the 03/04 season here where we conceded 40 league goals, a total we've only ever bettered once in the Premiership (when we came 2nd in 95/96 supposedly with our reckless concede 3 and try to score 4 tactics which meant we threw away a 12 point lead :rolleyes:).

The main problem that year was we drew too many away games (we only won 2). That was mostly because we only scored 19 away goals which was the 7th worst total in the league.

Guest Chubby Jason

Just to confirm, you're talking about the 03/04 season here where we conceded 40 league goals, a total we've only ever bettered once in the Premiership (when we came 2nd in 95/96 supposedly with our reckless concede 3 and try to score 4 tactics which meant we threw away a 12 point lead :rolleyes:).

The main problem that year was we drew too many away games (we only won 2). That was mostly because we only scored 19 away goals which was the 7th worst total in the league.

Ah right cheers mate, all I remember is Bramble letting the ball bounce over his head and make ridiculous mistakes on a weekly basis, those stats mean nothing.

Shambles was a strange fker, most of the time utter s*** yet glimpses of brilliance... remember him at home vs Chelski when he owned Drogba for the entire match.

Next game back to utter s***.

Seem to remember him having some absolute stormers in the CL as well.  Against Juventus in particular if I remember correctly.

Guest neesy111

Ah right cheers mate, all I remember is Bramble letting the ball bounce over his head and make ridiculous mistakes on a weekly basis, those stats mean nothing.

He's done that across his whole career never mind that 1 season tbf.

Guest Chubby Jason

Jason can't remember what's occured this season, let alone 7 years back. Not really worth a debate.

I can remember taking a shit in your paper bin and that was over a week ago.  :ninja:

Bramble has all of the attributes to be a world class centre half except one:concentration.

Whenever Bramble has a moment of madness though it almost always ends in a goal whereas you see Rio make the same kind of mistake and nothing comes of it.

Bramble has all of the attributes to be a world class centre half except one:concentration.

Whenever Bramble has a moment of madness though it almost always ends in a goal whereas you see Rio make the same kind of mistake and nothing comes of it.

Bramble would make at least one a game though, unless it was against Chelsea.

He's done that across his whole career never mind that 1 season tbf.

not nearly as much as people make out.

“This is a good place for me to settle in the next few months, and who knows what could happen in the summertime.

“It could turn out to be permanent. We don’t know, or it could turn into a loan again.

“It has been an absolute nightmare – it feels like I have not kicked a ball for so long.

“When the new manager came in at Villa, I was left out of eight squads in a row – and that hurts.

“The lads were going away to hotels and playing games, and I felt really isolated at home.”

Zzzzz.

It's all a bit fucking tedious isn't it?

What a load of rubbish.

“The lads were going away to hotels and playing games, and I felt really isolated at home.

Zzzzz.

Well he shouldn't have filled his house with daft, expensive shite.

What a load of rubbish.

Nah you're right, he rarely made a mistake, hardly gifted the opposition goals and was consistently solid. That's why he now plays for the Premiership powerhouse of Wigan.