MLS

Kaizero

Fantastic result for the Crew. Even scored three goals, which is not usually in the plan. It was a surprising game in all, some great football, terrific goals, and good refereeing. Weird.

Of course, we now have Higuain and Viana in the side (Federico and Agustin).

On paper, Toronto should be a massive club. Plenty of money, pretty strong support, great little stadium.

Just oh so poorly managed from top to bottom since their inception. Stealing Kevin Payne from DCU was a coup. I'm a big fan of Ryan Nelsen too, I've got high hopes he'll be able to change their fortunes.

Guest Craig-NUFC

What's with the giving out of gifts to the players before the match? And the starting lineup board has spelt Keane's name wrong.

Edit: Match hasn't started and it's already pissing me off.

'Murica :yao:

:lol: MLS can be frustrating to watch after you've just taken-in a PL match. Completely different style of play.

And it's the first match of the season, so they all look like garbage.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Does every team have streamers/goal music and all that baggage when playing at home? It seems good fun tbf. Just picked the bits that fans of other leagues seem to enjoy, shoved them together and made what looks like a canny day out despite it being well cheesy.

Does every team have streamers/goal music and all that baggage when playing at home? It seems good fun tbf. Just picked the bits that fans of other leagues seem to enjoy, shoved them together and made what looks like a canny day out despite it being well cheesy.

Pretty much. Except for New England who have people dressed in revolutionary war gear fire muskets :lol: It scares the s*** out of me everytime because we don't score too often  :lol:  Whatever it takes to create some type of atmosphere I guess, we do it in other sports (Hockey) here when people score.

MLS games are always a good time. Since the sport's not big yet, you won't see the "I'm here to socialize" dickheads (except at Galaxy games, same people who buy court-side seats at Lakers games). Lot of passion among the fanbase.

Posting this in here, because I don't think this really qualifies as an 'other game today'. What on earth is going on during that national anthem during the Portland Timbers (:yao:) pre-match?

Americans are f***ing weird.

Edit: They now have umbrellas. :lol:

Should be a good year for Canadian teams.

Once the team settles Vancouver will be sharp. Good ethos at the club, a lot of quick, strong, creative players. Think they will push for play offs again and hopefully get further than last year.

TFC are in yet another rebuilding stage but have stopped bringing in big names on long contracts, instead only handing out short term contracts and making people earn their extension. Think Ryan Nelson will pick up the momentum they had under Carver.

Montreal are also looking to push on this year, outside bet for the playoffs but should make the Canadian fun this year.

Posting this in here, because I don't think this really qualifies as an 'other game today'. What on earth is going on during that national anthem during the Portland Timbers (:yao:) pre-match?

Americans are f***ing weird.

Edit: They now have umbrellas. :lol:

Like that did ye? That's called heart.