MLS

Kaizero

It was really, really awful though. Apparently the referee was 'letting the game flow' by allowing players to have free reign to kick the opposition for 90 minutes. Incredulous stuff. Then he seemed to think it was fucking hilarious that the game had descended into such an unwatchable shitshow (of his making) that Toronto fans were throwing objects at corner takers. Pissing himself as his assistant tried to tell him a can of stella and poutine had just flown past Ivanschitz head.

:lol: I'm not judging the quality of the league on one game, anyway. I know its usually a lot more fun to watch than that despite the uneven spread of talent amongst teams. Just annoyed me how much this ref seemed determined to referee the game in an apparent attempt to make the game flow when in reality he did the exact opposite.

It was really, really awful though. Apparently the referee was 'letting the game flow' by allowing players to have free reign to kick the opposition for 90 minutes. Incredulous stuff. Then he seemed to think it was fucking hilarious that the game had descended into such an unwatchable shitshow (of his making) that Toronto fans were throwing objects at corner takers. Pissing himself as his assistant tried to tell him a can of stella and poutine had just flown past Ivanschitz head.

The throwing objects at corner takers had nothing to do with the refereeing. They did it from the first Seattle corner in the first few minutes. That's just the Toronto fans living up to their reputation of being absolute trash.

Atlanta's entrance in the league has been nothing short of refreshing. Hope other expansion teams use them as a blueprint.

:huff:

Is this because Atlanta is your rival now, or for not mentioning Orlando's also impressive intro to the league?

Not mentioning Orlando's impressive intro to the league, paving the way for people like Atlanta to have a "refreshing" entrance.

• 6 months later...

Went to my first Fire game in a while last night. They scored 4 and I missed every one of them while getting a beer. Most fun I've had at an MLS game though, shame the stadium isn't closer. Also, Orlando were bad.

Went to my first Fire game in a while last night. They scored 4 and I missed every one of them while getting a beer. Most fun I've had at an MLS game though, shame the stadium isn't closer. Also, Orlando were bad.

Such a symptom of the MLS. One match you win 4-0 and look world class, the next you lose 0-4 and look like the worst team ever. It's so weird to me.

Also Jason Kreis rotates all of the front 6 almost every match, it sucks when you see three of your best players rotated in and out. Just play the best fucking team you can every week and you'll win more matches than not.

Such a symptom of the MLS. One match you win 4-0 and look world class, the next you lose 0-4 and look like the worst team ever. It's so weird to me.

Also Jason Kreis rotates all of the front 6 almost every match, it sucks when you see three of your best players rotated in and out. Just play the best fucking team you can every week and you'll win more matches than not.

:lol: Kreis acting like he's got midweek Europe and cup matches

It's such bollocks. Surely MLS needs all the help it can get. I've been twice and quite enjoyed it (won both) - I reckon I'd go quite often, but it's such a pain to get there.

Same. We did Pub to the Pitch for the first time this game it's definitely the only way I'd go to a game now. Still, as much fun as I had there I kept thinking how much better it would be if all it took was 15 train ride to get there like basically everything else in the city

Pretty much the reason I barely go to Union games. It's in an absolute shit tip of a town 25 minutes outside of Philly. And not like, 25 minutes into suburbia, like, 25 minutes towards the great state of Delaware.

The Rapids stadium is like that out here too.

The supporters group here though does a $30 special which includes bus to-and-from the stadium from three or four pubs in Denver, beers on the bus, free tailgate at the stadium, and also includes a ticket. So essentially all you do is buy beers in the stadium. It's super convenient and actually tons of fun and even then I only do it like twice a season.

The Rapids stadium is like that out here too.

The supporters group here though does a $30 special which includes bus to-and-from the stadium from three or four pubs in Denver, beers on the bus, free tailgate at the stadium, and also includes a ticket. So essentially all you do is buy beers in the stadium. It's super convenient and actually tons of fun and even then I only do it like twice a season.

Aye I believe something similar exists here, but as you say, it's not necessarily something you want to do every other weekend, so it keeps these games as a once-in-a-while kind of trip. For me it'd also mean I have to drive into "the city" & park, or uber there. It's just fuckton of fuss, and I've been spoiled by SJP sitting dead in the middle of the city centre.

Pretty much the reason I barely go to Union games. It's in an absolute shit tip of a town 25 minutes outside of Philly. And not like, 25 minutes into suburbia, like, 25 minutes towards the great state of Delaware.

:lol: Chester is a special kind of shithole

• 1 month later...

Went to the All-Star game tonight. Only saw a half because my girlfriend's normal sized purse was too big. It rained the whole time, and they were clearly ignoring lightning so they wouldn't be forced to delay the game. I guess I learned my lesson on paying dumb prices for pointless game.

Went to the All-Star game tonight. Only saw a half because my girlfriend's normal sized purse was too big. It rained the whole time, and they were clearly ignoring lightning so they wouldn't be forced to delay the game. I guess I learned my lesson on paying dumb prices for pointless game.

Not sure if euphemism.

Not sure if euphemism.

:lol: had same thought. Can slow a man down... :embarrassed:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Goodbye, sweet (expensive) prince.

Appreciate him putting us on the map; was one of my favorite footballers growing up and proud to say I saw him do some amazing things for Orlando City in person. All the best to him.