MLS

Kaizero

Thought it was an unwritten rule that Cosmos had the 20th slot?

There's a lot of show boating by the Cosmos franchise but I think it's smoke-screening to be honest.  What Orlando has going for it that the other potential cities don't is that we've put a team out there this season and gotten the butts in the seats.  With the other franchises they've either already gotten a team on the pitch and have proven their attendance sucks or they are just a hypothetical franchise (Cosmos).  This was a great season in Orlando and I was super skeptical about having a soccer team here and what kind of attendance it would get but I've been happily proven wrong.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Well, aye, that a side, everything I read was that most people just seem to accept that the MLS is going to let them waltz into the 20th slot simply 'because'. Wouldn't be surprised if they were nothing more than a Shirt Brand, and maybe some sort of MLS Fantasy Team that pops around around playing 'exhibition' games.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

To go over 20 would be a mistake. The talent pool is pretty poor right now, unless they start to dip into Mexico more. I'm not even sure what the rules are regarding Canadian players, are they still classed as 'foreign' unless they're playing for a Canadian team?

To go over 20 would be a mistake. The talent pool is pretty poor right now, unless they start to dip into Mexico more. I'm not even sure what the rules are regarding Canadian players, are they still classed as 'foreign' unless they're playing for a Canadian team?

Yeah the Canadian player situation has a lot of grey areas and I'm not 100% on them so I couldn't comment.

Off topic slightly but I have to be honest MLS prices are such a massive rip off in terms of merch. Just the US in general tbh, 50-70 dollars for a shirt, old/new whatever.

You won't get the casual US fan into a sport with those prices, you need to go 30-50, IMO.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Nearly swollowed my tongue when I saw how much NHL Jerseys were. MLB ones too, really. NBA ones were half decent, but then I guess you're not paying for sleeves.

• 1 month later...

I am the worst LA Galaxy "fan." I hate the stadium, I hate the players (especially Robbie Keane), I hate Carson City/Dominguez Hills, I loath the way they play and yet I attend the matches and even own an "Angel City Brigade" shirt. I am thinking they win or draw tonight.... either way they'll advance... and it's irritating for soem reason.

I am the worst LA Galaxy "fan." I hate the stadium, I hate the players (especially Robbie Keane), I hate Carson City/Dominguez Hills, I loath the way they play and yet I attend the matches and even own an "Angel City Brigade" shirt. I am thinking they win or draw tonight.... either way they'll advance... and it's irritating for soem reason.

Felt the same way about the Earthquakes when Donovan was there. Hate that little prick.