How much would you sell carroll for ?

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest palnese

I've seen too many expensive flops at NUFC to consider any price. Big money signings don't excite me, good players playing for us does that and one does not necessarily equal the other.

:thup:

Guest Brazilianbob

In my view Carroll falls into that small category of players that clubs just do not sell.  Whilst I am not saying he is as good as Messi, he does fall into the same category, Barca would never sell Messi because he is simply irreplaceable, likewise Carroll is irreplaceable for NUFC ,which is why so many EPL clubs want to secure his services regardless of the price.  OK so you accept £40m who do you buy?  I cannot think of a worthy replacement even if we laid out the full £40m!  We wouldn't have sold Shearer so we shouldn't sell Carroll!

Guest Christian Marxen

Some people here just lack ambition. If we want to be amongst the best in the league again we shouldn't sell him. Not even for 200! Would the same people have sold Shearer?

Let's say we had Shearer and he didn't go to Southampton in the days... then I bet all you guys wanting to sell Carroll would have done the same thing with Shearer. Think about that one...

If we can afford it and has any ambition. Keep him. End of story.

Wouldn't sell him for anything. Absolutely no price would tempt me.

A. No one in the first team should go.

B. The team is on the brink of genuinely challenging for the Top 6 spots, and Carroll is the main man in it all, imo - we don't need £50m to make us European challengers, we're close anyway

C. I don't think we'd get all the money to go on transfers/replacements

D. I wouldn't trust us with it even if we did

E. He's a Geordie number 9 and he's ours. :(

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

TBH he's worth 15 mil at most.

If you disagree you're a delued fan.

Newcastle were right to accept the bid and it will be proven so.

And Liverpool always overpay clubs for players lol(keane, aqualani, lucas and konchesky)

having a quick glance elsewhere on messageboards the common theme is what the fuck are liverpool up to (and earlier when we rejected what the fuck are newcastle thinking bite their fucking hands off you fools) taking a look dispassionately (not easy i know) its utterly mad what they paid