Potential Andy Carroll replacement?

LooneyToonArmy

You can't have seen many footballers.

haway man dave, they're both awful. Caicedo at city was nothing short of terrible, and let's be honest the standard of defending in Spain is terrible an'all, other than barca/real. He's just not the type of player we should be looking at building our attack round.

Similarly with bendtner, overrated, overpaid, over-confident. 10 goals in 16 starts is a false representation of his season and performances. Factor in the number of sub appearences and shots to goals ratio and you quickly visualise the player in hand. He's crap. With the players around him at arsenal he should be scoring 20+/season and contributing far more in terms of general play.

How many footballers have you seen play? If you think they're good then I can only summise that you've only ever seen two players play football and have complete tunnel vision

Man, I really wish we had Spanish sides playing English ones more often in Europe to put that cliché to bed. It's beyond tiresome now.

Quick fact: 1053 goals were scored last year in the PL, 1031 in La Liga.

Beyond ridiculous. Bendtner has proved he's a potent striker at this level.

Given gametime at a club where he would be a starting, central striker and he'd prove it even more emphatically.

The idea that he is a bad footballer is hyperbolic and idiotic to the extreme.

We can forget signing an established 'star' for a striker. Newcastle wouldn't pay Andy Carroll £80k a week (rightly in my view as all the other players would want those sort of wages and we'd be back where we started) so there is no way we'd buy e.g. Hulk for £20m+ and pay him those sort of wages.

I'd rather we got a striker who is performing well in an average to poor team than a striker who is performing OK in a great team. There's a danger in going for strikers who play for great teams e.g. Bendtner at Arsenal. They are surrounded by quality players. What happens when the quality of player around them drops? Look what happens when clubs buy Man U cast offs. Butt, Smith, etc were shit when not surrounded by top quality.

I can't say I think Elmander is great but for free I'd take him assuming his wage demands were reasonable. I'd want another new striker as well.

Yeah while Bendtner was walking around with his trousers round his ankles Carroll was just assaulting people.

;)

Bendtner is an arrogant cock, Carroll is a cutie pie with alcohol problems who was well liked in the squad.

Guest EastEndGeordie

Karem Benezema in a dream world considering that Jose keeps him on the bench nearly every match.

In the real world all arrows point at either Cole or Obinna knowing Mike Ashley

Eren Derdiyok from Bayer Leverkusen.

From what I've seen from the Euro's i think he'd be a good buy.

He's big, strong, quick but no Oba, decent touch.

He's also, unless injury prevents him, only going to better the more he plays for both club and country and for £6m we could do a lot worse and he is very likely to want to move here too and not just for the money for a change.

Some people on here want to take their head out their arse and see that this is the type of player we need not the so called big name/big wage/big transfer fee players that have failed us so spectacularly in the past (I'd name players names but I'd be here all day). We need young, improving players that have hunger and desire to want to play and prove themselves in the shirt and ones that can only get better.

Guest Flatline

Suarez has been fucking immense for Liverpool, Id say we head over to the Land of weed, Red light district and where blonde means "Kuyt", and get ourselves a 20+ goals a year striker!

Should be a few up and around, and 10-12 mill should see some heads being turned! Who`s with me!

my choice would be:

1st- Thomas muller - wont join but would love to see him at Newcastle

or

2nd - Kenwyne Jones - i know he played for Sunderland but would be the perfect replacement if we put aside the rivalry

:lol: anyone else?

my choice would be:

1st- Thomas muller - wont join but would love to see him at Newcastle

or

2nd - Kenwyne Jones - i know he played for Sunderland but would be the perfect replacement if we put aside the rivalry

What a bizarre post :lol: