Potential Andy Carroll replacement?

LooneyToonArmy

Phil Airey tbh.

From Coquet High School, the versatile Phil has been part of the Newcastle United Academy since the age of 10, mainly as a striker A great fan of Real Madrid's Brazilian striker Kaka, Phil is an all round sportsman, his other interests include, tennis, cricket, shooting, golf and cricket

whoever put that together wants shot.

Rumour has it that he's quite fond of cricket.

Think we might have to buy a replacement from abroad. Everyone in England will be raising the price by daft amounts just because of what we got for Carroll. Bothroyd will probably have a £10m price tag for us.

Yes. Strikers in the 2 to 4 m range from the Americas or lesser Euro countries.

Think we might have to buy a replacement from abroad. Everyone in England will be raising the price by daft amounts just because of what we got for Carroll. Bothroyd will probably have a £10m price tag for us.

I think we should go abroad too.

Bendtner would be a risk i'd be willing to take, but i doub't we'd be able to get him for a reasonable price.

If we're spending money on strikers abroad, i hope it's players from reputed leagues. I'm kinda ignorant on the whole subject of the European leagues as i don't watch a great deal - but Suarez is as big, if not a bigger, risk than Carroll. The Dutch league is fucking rubbish, and we've seen before - just down the road from us - that spendin big on strikers from over there doesn't always work out. Even Huntelaar has failed to impress at the big-time.

I don't have any suggestions, btw, i'm not a scout. :aww:

Surely this Whickham lad's gonna have a whole host of potential suitors? I'd be impressed if we pulled that one off.

But again, spending money on young talent in this country is a risky game. It's unfortunate that the fee for Carroll has been disclosed. The nationality of players in this country tends to influence transfer fees (and they tend to escalate if the player is young and English)... couple that with the fact that teams know we've got money to spend... it's going to be extremely difficult finding fair deals on these shores.

I really think Europe is where we're going to have to develop our squad this summer.

I'd quite like Rodallega and someone else.

Like the look of him and has adapted to the PL already....definitely an attainable target.

Would love to see someone like Radomel Falcao here but doubt if it`s realistic unfortunately. Less so for Hulk who has already been linked with us!

Once the threat of relegation is over, start Nile Ranger in every game. He's got one in two for England U19, exactly the same as Carroll did. If you include Preston, Carroll took forty league games to get going. Shola and Loven are going nowhere as players, so its pointless playing them.

I have my doubts about Ranger, but lets give him a proper go before signing some other hopeful.

Once the threat of relegation is over, start Nile Ranger in every game. He's got one in two for England U19, exactly the same as Carroll did. If you include Preston, Carroll took forty league games to get going. Shola and Loven are going nowhere as players, so its pointless playing them.

I have my doubts about Ranger, but lets give him a proper go before signing some other hopeful.

I think Ranger will certainly get more minutes in the remainder of the season. Hopefully will take 1 goal to get his confidence going, he knows where the goal is for the reserves at least.

Still can't get over that miss against West Ham though  :doh:

Phil Airey tbh.

From Coquet High School, the versatile Phil has been part of the Newcastle United Academy since the age of 10, mainly as a striker A great fan of Real Madrid's Brazilian striker Kaka, Phil is an all round sportsman, his other interests include, tennis, cricket, shooting, golf and cricket

whoever put that together wants shot.

:lol: :lol: that's amazingly bad.

City's Caicedo seems to be playing areet in Spain. Always liked him when he had little cameos for City as well.

Thoughts, fans of La Liga?

Not a bad shout Caicedo, like. Especially since Man City will pretty much give their 'fringe' players away to make way for more big money signings. May feel he has a point to prove too.

I think if we give Ranger a run of games he will cause significant havoc in the opposition penalty area. Maybe not on a Carroll scale but he has some ability, just hasn't grabbed his opportunity yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Caicedo's an interesting shout actually. I was about to say "i always wondered why he didn't do more at City" but the answer to that is fairly obvious anyway. Still, Eriksson bought him as 'one for the future' if i remember correctly. If he's got the right sort of mentality, he won't have had a bad bit of upbringing at City. Might be one to look at.

Don't know a lot about him at all but as previously said, always looked half-decent whenever he featured.

EDIT: Just checked his stats and he's got more than 1 in 2 for Levante this season. Still only 22 n'all.