Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

If attendance dropped to 30k next season he'd panic, no doubt about it.

Doubt he will. The extra tv money will cushion a lot of the lost matchday revenue, and as long as he doesn't lose money he doesn't give a damn. That's why he can do all those stupid appointments and deals without fear of offending the fans. Backlash? Big deal. Lost matchday revenue? We just have less to spend on transfers.

The only way he will care is if we are threatened with the prospect of relegation and missing out on the tv goldmine. Otherwise he's happy with the status quo of staying in the PL.

Too bad heart disease is not contagious or he will surely have gotten it from his BFF by now.

Playing in a half empty, dead SJP would affect the players too imo.  They'll be well aware of the situation and it'll be bound to have an affect on morale, not to mention the extra special boost they'll have gotten from JFKs appointment.

All that combined with Pardews shitty tactics should see us in the relegation zone by December then we can fire everyone, get new owners and start again.

Playing in a half empty, dead SJP would affect the players too imo.  They'll be well aware of the situation and it'll be bound to have an affect on morale, not to mention the extra special boost they'll have gotten from JFKs appointment.

All that combined with Pardews shitty tactics should see us in the relegation zone by December then we can fire everyone, get new owners and start again.

NUFC don't do happy endings mate :lol:

Boycotts had a huge hand in forcing McKeag out in favour of John Hall. Implying that it's simply a matter of people taking the huff is pathetic.

It's affirmative action IMO. What other options do we haven at this point? We either do something or take it. He will continually do this until there is nothing left that we like about the club.

Ohhh, it's Colocho mk II.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/newcastle-united-fans-wanting-cancel-4751388

By Ian Robson

Newcastle United fans wanting to cancel season tickets told to wait until February

30 Jun 2013 10:30

Toon fans wanting to cancel season tickets in protest at the arrival of Joe Kinnear have been told to wait - until February

The club has informed supporters who buy tickets on the 10-year deal that they can only leave half-way through the 2013-2014 season.

Fan Tom Ireland, 69, of South Shields, South Tyneside wanted to stop supporting the team, but club bosses said he must wait.

Tom, who has supported United since he was a boy of 13, said: “I tried to cancel and get a refund on next season’s ticket, but I was told it was not allowed. I rang them up and said I was not happy with some of Joe Kinnear’s comments.

“I have supported them since the 1950s when Bob Stokoe was a player and I can name entire squads from that era. But I have had enough, I did not sign up for all of this.”

Tom is three years into a 10-year deal where he pays the same amount each year for a season ticket.

Club bosses were sympathetic but said there was little they could do.

Supporter liaison manager Lee Marshall said: “When the season ticket is initially applied for, supporters and the club agree to a set of terms and conditions which stipulates a date ahead of each season by which the ticket holder can request to cancel.

“Given that Mr Ireland purchased a 10-year season ticket, it is highly likely that his cancellation deadline is in February ahead of each season so I asked him to check in his terms and conditions in order to be sure.

“This date is likely to be in January for those with nine-year season tickets and, again, I would encourage season ticket holders to refer to their terms and conditions.

“We are unable to cancel Mr Ireland’s season ticket for the 2013/14 season and I informed him that payments he has made towards the ticket are non- refundable.”

You can tell it's the Summer when stories like this get published. This isn't news as the terms and conditions are quite clear when you sign up.

I'm 'trapped' with my season ticket (unless I want to lose the money I've already paid for it) for the 2013/2014 season. If this season is shit people on the 9 year deal have until the end of January 2014 to request their ticket is cancelled for the 2014/2015 season. It looks like 10 year deal people have until the end of February 2014.

I'm guessing you can cancel your direct debit for the remaining payment between now and Jan/Feb, but would forfeit any money you've paid up until now.

Correct but you'd still have to tell NUFC that you wanted to cancel your season ticket. Just cancelling the direct debit would have NUFC chasing you for the money. People can cancel their season tickets now but they will lose the money they've already paid.

Guest hobshobs

If attendance dropped to 30k next season he'd panic, no doubt about it.

Already heading that way in sorts. The family section is so cheap up there it's easy to sell. Other areas don't sell like they used to. The increased family section covers up the drop in sales in other areas. The same number of seats get sold but less gate money comes in. Older fans aren't going because they've had enough already. The total crowd is the same, just that the family section is increasing all the time, compensates for those dropping off and it largely goes unnoticed. It doesn't matter as the TV money is the important thing.

The club will have put that story out to discourage more cancellations. Just for the record, email the box office with your supporter number and tell them you're cancelling the ticket and cancel your direct debit, that's it.

I'm guessing you can cancel your direct debit for the remaining payment between now and Jan/Feb, but would forfeit any money you've paid up until now.

Correct but you'd still have to tell NUFC that you wanted to cancel your season ticket. Just cancelling the direct debit would have NUFC chasing you for the money. People can cancel their season tickets now but they will lose the money they've already paid.

On the plus side the money you've paid so far (guessing around 5x£43) you can put towards a mini season ticket if they release one like they have done the last two seasons... Normally last 6 home games...

http://www.nufc.com/

Magpie Mover: now available online

NUFC season ticket holders can once again benefit from cut-price matchday travel across Tyneside this coming season, thanks to the Magpie Mover ticket.

Pegged once again at £10 for the full season, Network One's dedicated ticket allows travel to and from all home first team matches by bus, Metro, train and ferry in Tyne and Wear. It's valid from three hours before kickoff until three hours after the final whistle.

Buy online via the NUFC box office by logging on using your own details and then clicking on the Membership section and scrolling down the page.

http://tickets.nufc.co.uk/events.aspx

Please note though that payment of the £10 fee has to be made at the time of purchase - the Magpie Mover cost won't be bundled up into any ST direct debit payment.

A downloadable application form is online and can also be picked up from Nexus Travel Shops. Applications by post this season will cost £11.

http://www.networkonetickets.co.uk/media/pdfs/NO-Magpie-Mover-Leaflet-2013.pdf

PS: Magpie Mover tickets are only valid for competitive NUFC home games at SJP and therefore cannot be used for travel to and from the Braga pre-season game.

the money that has been paid already is gone and cant be put towards anything

Not what the box office told me the day after JKF was confirmed... Lady was sympathetic and even confirmed it with the manager I could do this... No guarantees of a mini season ticket been made available...

• 3 weeks later...

Just been going through the fixtures against my roster, for the 15 home games up to Everton in March I will only be able to go to 6 of them. I'm gutted but I think I'm going to cancel my season ticket and just buy on the day for the games I can go to.

I can't believe it's come to this but I suppose life changes, I'm gonna lose 50 odd points for away matches too. Sad times.

For those (like me) considering making this their last season buying a full season ticket... If I decided just to go on the membership scheme next year instead will I keep my loyalty points?... As I've over 100 and would be a shame to loose them...

For those (like me) considering making this their last season buying a full season ticket... If I decided just to go on the membership scheme next year instead will I keep my loyalty points?... As I've over 100 and would be a shame to loose them...

This is my thoughts too.

I'm sure you  though

Afaik they're linked to your supporter number, which would stay the same. I had a break of about two years when I didn't have a season ticket and when I went back my points were still there.

Thought so... Thanks for confirming... Will do that from next season if nothing improves at the club... Prefer away trips...