Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

It'll be nice to have a full stadium and many people there who haven't been previously, but it is still a slap in the face for those who paid top whack. It's nice that people can now take friends and family but it's not like they couldn't go before, if those friends and family had really wanted one originally they could have done what plenty others who struggle to afford it do and paid full price.

My missus wanted to start coming with me in the summer, doesn't earn very much, ummed and aahed about it for ages but I persuaded her that she'd probably end up paying a bit more over the season for individual tickets so she took the plunge and now I feel shit and wish I hadn't bothered and she could have just got one now. She pays more than me because of my Championship discount and because she chose that she wanted to watch her team rather than have the extra £70 a month, she's suffering in comparison with someone who made the opposite decision. I'm less bothered about me because I'd have renewed anyway, I like my seat and I've got plenty of points, but it's a real kick in the teeth on mates and family members who did take the decision to shell out.

Would be nice for the club to offer something to current ST holders as well, rather than their mates, be it free cup tickets, some worthwhile merchandise offer, a subsidised away ticket or even just a poxy NUFCtv subscription. Loyalty's a big thing in football and we're effectively having our loyalty punished. More than half the games should have passed before they start giving season tickets away imo, especially considering the cheap fixtures we've had.

It'll be nice to have a full stadium and many people there who haven't been previously, but it is still a slap in the face for those who paid top whack. It's nice that people can now take friends and family but it's not like they couldn't go before, if those friends and family had really wanted one originally they could have done what plenty others who struggle to afford it do and paid full price.

My missus wanted to start coming with me in the summer, doesn't earn very much, ummed and aahed about it for ages but I persuaded her that she'd probably end up paying a bit more over the season for individual tickets so she took the plunge and now I feel s*** and wish I hadn't bothered and she could have just got one now. She pays more than me because of my Championship discount and because she chose that she wanted to watch her team rather than have the extra £70 a month, she's suffering in comparison with someone who made the opposite decision. I'm less bothered about me because I'd have renewed anyway, I like my seat and I've got plenty of points, but it's a real kick in the teeth on mates and family members who did take the decision to shell out.

Would be nice for the club to offer something to current ST holders as well, rather than their mates, be it free cup tickets, some worthwhile merchandise offer, a subsidised away ticket or even just a poxy NUFCtv subscription. Loyalty's a big thing in football and we're effectively having our loyalty punished. More than half the games should have passed before they start giving season tickets away imo, especially considering the cheap fixtures we've had.

:thup:

My missus wanted to start coming with me in the summer, doesn't earn very much, ummed and aahed about it for ages but I persuaded her that she'd probably end up paying a bit more over the season for individual tickets so she took the plunge and now I feel shit and wish I hadn't bothered and she could have just got one now. She pays more than me because of my Championship discount and because she chose that she wanted to watch her team rather than have the extra £70 a month, she's suffering in comparison with someone who made the opposite decision. I'm less bothered about me because I'd have renewed anyway, I like my seat and I've got plenty of points, but it's a real kick in the teeth on mates and family members who did take the decision to shell out.

:thup:

My missus wanted to start coming with me in the summer, doesn't earn very much, ummed and aahed about it for ages but I persuaded her that she'd probably end up paying a bit more over the season for individual tickets so she took the plunge and now I feel s*** and wish I hadn't bothered and she could have just got one now. She pays more than me because of my Championship discount and because she chose that she wanted to watch her team rather than have the extra £70 a month, she's suffering in comparison with someone who made the opposite decision. I'm less bothered about me because I'd have renewed anyway, I like my seat and I've got plenty of points, but it's a real kick in the teeth on mates and family members who did take the decision to shell out.

O0

When does it close (the deal)?

Don't think it does

Really? Good stuff.

If I'm ringing up to do it by phone is all I need the ST number of the other person? Might get in on this at the weekend if there is any left.

I took advantage of the offer. 3 years without a ST, could afford £207 so would have been rude not to buy one... No doubt will keep it on next season ..... probably at a higher cost than you loyal supporters will have to pay.

I'd be pissed off too though if i;d paid full whack. Ashley Out!

From my experience at the box office I'd say have your mates name,postcode and ticket number and you should be fine. However,no-one's getting through on the phones so go to the box office. They don't have to be with you,just take their ticket.

Could I ring up and just give them my mate's supporter number and get some? Or does he have to do it himself? Also, can you get student tickets over the phone?

You will need to go in to prove you are a student i'd imagine. I had problems at the start of the season trying to buy additional student tickets for mates - they said that because people were abusing the student tickets last year they have got tough on selling student tickets.

I'm in favour of all this.  Anything that gets the ground full, more money into the club and envigorates a future generation of fans currently disenfranchised by over pricing can only be  a good thing.  One potential anomaly has come to mind though.  Are they club still insisting that these new ST holders are members?  Especially given that the cheapest kids tickets are very similar to the price of being a member in the first place.