Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

Guest Roger Kint

I'm in favour of all this.  Anything that gets the ground full, more money into the club and envigorates a future generation of fans currently disenfranchised by over pricing can only be  a good thing.  One potential anomaly has come to mind though.  Are they club still insisting that these new ST holders are members?  Especially given that the cheapest kids tickets are very similar to the price of being a member in the first place. 

Doesnt a ST automatically make you a member?

I'm in favour of all this.  Anything that gets the ground full, more money into the club and envigorates a future generation of fans currently disenfranchised by over pricing can only be  a good thing.  One potential anomaly has come to mind though.  Are they club still insisting that these new ST holders are members?  Especially given that the cheapest kids tickets are very similar to the price of being a member in the first place. 

Doesnt a ST automatically make you a member?

It has done this year, yes.  But I think the club were charging extra for this.  That extra was as much as some of these new tickets ( I think...)

Cheers for the replies to my last post durham and Venkman. Just one more question - my lass wants one as well and is a student, but she's living in Leeds. Could I just take one of my female student friends student card along and get a season ticket in her name, but my girlfriend uses it every week? Think ill pop along this afternoon to get them.

Cheers for the replies to my last post durham and Venkman. Just one more question - my lass wants one as well and is a student, but she's living in Leeds. Could I just take one of my female student friends student card along and get a season ticket in her name, but my girlfriend uses it every week? Think ill pop along this afternoon to get them.

Doubt it with it being somebody else's student card like

Not sure - you might have to get your female student friend to go into the box office with you if they are being particularly strict. Only thing would be that the season ticket would be in your friends name and not your girlfriends.

Not sure - you might have to get your female student friend to go into the box office with you if they are being particularly strict. Only thing would be that the season ticket would be in your friends name and not your girlfriends.

That doesn't matter though does it? They don't check who is using the season ticket when you go through the turnstiles do they? I can't think of a reason why my girlfriend couldn't use it with some other girls name on?

NEWCASTLE United chiefs have had to bring in extra staff to cope with demand over cut-price season tickets.

The club announced the half-price deal on Monday and have been inundated with fans, with more than 1,200 extra season tickets already snapped up.

A standard Gallowgate season ticket, which cost £558 at the beginning of the season, is priced at £207 for the rest of the season, with a child’s ticket in the family enclosure £37.

But St James’s Park bosses have had to bring in extra box office staff after lines went into meltdown with supporters complaining of not being able to get through.

Simon Esland, head of customer operations, said: “We are sorry if some people have experienced problems trying to get through to the box office to purchase their tickets.

“We have now put extra resources in place to deal with the demand.

“We would ask supporters to be patient if they are wishing to purchase tickets over the phone, and be prepared for a little wait as their calls are processed.

“However, we have plenty of tickets available in every area of the ground.

“The call centre is open 24 hours, so it’s worth considering calling at a quieter time, such as after 7.30pm.”

Tickets are on sale at the box office at St James’s Park, or by calling 0844 372 1892.

Does 'NUS' mean student?

Not really. The NUS card is a student discount card that you have to pay for. I haven't got one though and just used my usual student card which I was surprised worked anyway.

dunno man, i'm a student myself but i didnt even bother taking my card in as i presumed there'd only be discount if the season ticket holder was a student. seems like i could have gotten away with it now but it was a big saving anyway so no worries.

Does 'NUS' mean student?

Not really. The NUS card is a student discount card that you have to pay for. I haven't got one though and just used my usual student card which I was surprised worked anyway.

Nah that must be some other discount card they do. 95% of universities are members of the NUS so if you're at Uni you are more than likely a member. Your Uni student card probably has the NUS logo on the back.

Most universities are member of the National Union of Students (NUS) and as such will have the NUS logo somewhere on the campus card. There is something called an NUS Extra card which I believe costs something like between £10-20 that is supposed to get you further discounts with certain merchandisers etc. Most places just ask for an NUS card as proof of being a student, however, I know that

Wolves for example will only sell student tickets to students with NUS Extra cards - I went to watch Wolves Man City last year with the old man and had a big (slightly intoxicated) row with the lady in the box office who wouldn't let me pick up the student ticket that I had booked and wanted me to pay an extra £15 for an adult ticket.

Does 'NUS' mean student?

Nah that must be some other discount card they do. 95% of universities are members of the NUS so if your at Uni you are more than likely a member. Your Uni student card probably has the NUS logo on the back.

:iamatwat:

:bluestar:

Yorkie, man.

They do have to leave a certain amount for general sale right? Have some friends coming up to stay for the Chelsea game.

There certainly need to be a certain number available for non ST holders - think members may be able to get them though.  Can't see them having trouble getting a ticket though.  Still loads left for Everton now.

dunno man, i'm a student myself but i didnt even bother taking my card in as i presumed there'd only be discount if the season ticket holder was a student. seems like i could have gotten away with it now but it was a big saving anyway so no worries.

My mate isn't a student but I managed to get 3 student tickets just using his supporter number and postcode. They seemed to be a lot less strict checking the student cards for this than they normally are, my student card runs out in December but he let me have a student ticket anyway. Halfway up Block E in the Gallowgate West corner, £166. Amazing, can't wait for the Everton game to come round now. 

My mate isn't a student but I managed to get 3 student tickets just using his supporter number and postcode. They seemed to be a lot less strict checking the student cards for this than they normally are, my student card runs out in December but he let me have a student ticket anyway. Halfway up Block E in the Gallowgate West corner, £166. Amazing, can't wait for the Everton game to come round now. 

Is there no risk of them doing some random check after December and you'll have a student ticket but no valid student ID?

Is there no risk of them doing some random check after December and you'll have a student ticket but no valid student ID?

No it's alright, im still a registered student until next September, I just need to get a new card