SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

We end our interest due to the signing of Marveaux or due to high fee demanded by Wigan?

I was under the assumption it was Zoggy's £65k a week demands...

Do you not think Marveux will be on big wages though?  If we managed to nab him from the scouse kings of wasting money, then I would guess he's on £50-£60k a week?  Once we signed him I'm sure a few said they guessed it would be the end of our supposed chase for Zog.

the fee for Zog was too high, doesn't make business sense for Ashley.  Sell him for £6m and a donkey, buy him back for £9m-£12m a few years later for an over inflated price, when he's available for free in a year. 

Like he was ever going to do that.  I was still hopeful we would sign him though, f*** knows why mind.

The wage cap stands at £50k a week so he won't be earning a penny more than that.

It has been reported that his contract is highly incentivised, dependent upon appearances and his basic wage is relatively low. The same applies to Ba.

Allegedly, or is this your well known journo that told you again?  They're always spot on aren't they.

I have been told the wage cap stands at £50,000 a week by a journalist who works for national newspaper, as well as someone who works at the club.

As for the Ba/Marveaux contracts - quite a few journos were saying that was the score with their deals, when they signed.

Pardew said and reiterated two offensive players i thought?

Back to N'Zogbia, the club could have come out and clarified that we werent after him sooner, but maybe it was being used as a smokescreen to the clubs favor. I don't really think we needed to clarify that we werent after him any sooner, no-one at the club actually confirmed that we were.

Guest Chubby Jason

Ah, of course. I'd imagine we'll now switch our sights to no one as per. Fabulous.

Except a striker.

PS I don't actually know who the club is trying to sign, don't order that shotgun and single shell just yet.

Don't worry I won't. I've grown more and more apathetic towards the club every year since the fat man bought us, so I'm almost past caring to be honest.

Guest Chubby Jason

Back to N'Zogbia, the club could have come out and clarified that we werent after him sooner, but maybe it was being used as a smokescreen to the clubs favor. I don't really think we needed to clarify that we werent after him any sooner, no-one at the club actually confirmed that we were.

Who cares what he said? He talks nothing but shite every time he opens his mouth.

Guest taps01

Not surprised, people (myself included) should have twigged sooner that Marveaux coming in would have ended any interest in N'Zog. They practically occupy the same role in the team.

I think we were ready to jump and get N'Zogbia back before Marveaux's U-Turn though.

Does make me wonder what kind of offensive player we are looking at in addition to striker though. I had assumed RW, but in light of this maybe we are looking at an central attacking mid.

I still think we will sign a centre mid and a striker.

Who cares what he said? He talks nothing but s**** every time he opens his mouth.

Well do yourself a favor and go back into hibernation until the season starts instead of turning into an overly emotional teenager with their knickers in a twist. If you don't like or believe anything that comes out don't read it.

It is the same every year regardless of who, what or when we bring people in over the summer. People should really know the score with the summer and that it is nothing but speculation, frustration and smoke and mirrors, then the odd glimmer of hope if a signing is made before the vultures descend to dissect the deal to find any ounce of fault in the deal.

I honestly think some people want their summer to be ruined and talk themselves into a state that does so.

Problem is most fans have very little faith in MA not a lot believe anything that comes from the club, they could have said Zog was not a target as after the January offer it was natural fans would assume we would be after him again.

To think the club just let the story run as a smoke screen to cover up other deals is a bit far fetched, you could say they let the rumour run in order to make fans think they were willing to spend money on top players, is that as far fetched?

I think its the fact we see a player we all know is better than Henderson or Downing and was available at half the price, yet we do not want him.. that indicates a lack of intent to spend money, so people get pissed off and start to worry that this may be the way the rest of the transfer window will go.

Its a natural response given the history of Ashley's time here, we are all waiting for the usual excuses of why we missed out on possible signings and where the £35m really went.

Not surprised, people (myself included) should have twigged sooner that Marveaux coming in would have ended any interest in N'Zog. They practically occupy the same role in the team.

I think we were ready to jump and get N'Zogbia back before Marveaux's U-Turn though.

Does make me wonder what kind of offensive player we are looking at in addition to striker though. I had assumed RW, but in light of this maybe we are looking at an central attacking mid.

a versatile player who can compete for LW, CAM and RW would seem to make sense. we have 4 first team players for those 3 positions currently, one has an uncertain future here, one hasn't played since november and another who hasn't played since october. so we should be looking at someone else - i don't see any reason why it couldn't be N'Zogbia as he really does fit the bill and we have the resources, so it is a disappointment we've given up on him. he would've gone a big way towards replacing the end product Nolan had too.

Time to forget about N'Zogbia, next target please.

This much has been obvious for weeks... Sad to see so many people on here (even as late as this morning when Villa accepted a bid for Downing  :lol: ) buy into the spin and hype suggesting we were going to sign him this summer.

Time to forget about N'Zogbia, next target please.

This much has been obvious for weeks... Sad to see so many people on here (even as late as this morning when Villa accepted a bid for Downing  :lol: ) buy into the spin and hype suggesting we were going to sign him this summer.

Yawn. Every fucking post is the same from you. Boring.

To think the club just let the story run as a smoke screen to cover up other deals is a bit far fetched, you could say they let the rumour run in order to make fans think they were willing to spend money on top players, is that as far fetched?

I don't think those at the club who actually run things give a shite about rumours. I don't think there's any conspiracy theory to either a) mask other deals or b) pretend we're doing something. These things are part and parcel of football and happen at every club, we're no different.

I personally think we were after N'Zogbia until Marveaux signed then the deal was dead. No conspiracy, we just didn't need him anymore.

Problem is most fans have very little faith in MA not a lot believe anything that comes from the club, they could have said Zog was not a target as after the January offer it was natural fans would assume we would be after him again.

I think its the fact we see a player we all know is better than Henderson or Downing and was available at half the price, yet we do not want him.. that indicates a lack of intent to spend money, so people get p*ssed off and start to worry that this may be the way the rest of the transfer window will go.

Its a natural response given the history of Ashley's time here, we are all waiting for the usual excuses of why we missed out on possible signings and where the £35m really went.

I don't have much faith in Fat Bastard but I can also see a scenario where Zog says he'd be interested in returning, the club investigates and finds that the fee and/or wages desired is high enough for them to back off.  Zog wants what he wants and I don't think he really cares who gives it to him.

I think its the fact we see a player we all know is better than Henderson or Downing and was available at half the price, yet we do not want him.. that indicates a lack of intent to spend money, so people get p*ssed off and start to worry that this may be the way the rest of the transfer window will go.

I don't have much faith in Fat Bastard but I can also see a scenario where Zog says he'd be interested in returning, the club investigates and finds that the fee and/or wages desired is high enough for them to back off.  Zog wants what he wants and I don't think he really cares who gives it to him.

You may be right it could have been wage demands but yet again it will be another one of those where we just will never know the truth.

Guest Chubby Jason

That is correct; we will never know the truth. This is simply because the only communication we get from this current regime is stonewall silence, sometimes interspersed with the odd blatant lie and broken promise.

a versatile player who can compete for LW, CAM and RW would seem to make sense. we have 4 first team players for those 3 positions currently, one has an uncertain future here, one hasn't played since november and another who hasn't played since october. so we should be looking at someone else - i don't see any reason why it couldn't be N'Zogbia as he really does fit the bill and we have the resources, so it is a disappointment we've given up on him. he would've gone a big way towards replacing the end product Nolan had too.

I agree, but I think that is what we got with Marveaux. He can cover all of those positions, leaving Guti (who can play either side) Ferguson (LW), Barton (RW), Ben Arfa (LW/AM) and Gosling (RW/AM). I suppose we have to include Raylor as well. Also depends who else in the reserves steps up e.g. Vuckic, Abeid, Richardson etc.

I still think we would have taken N'Zog at the right price but the odds weren't in our favor given his list of admirers eager to splash whatever cash it takes. We aren't like that anymore which is frustrating at times but that's the way the club works, hopefully we see benefit to that in the future.

I personally think we were after N'Zogbia until Marveaux signed then the deal was dead. No conspiracy, we just didn't need him anymore.

That would be rather depressing. An untested player who hasn't played in 8 months preferred over a player we know is very good because he was free.

The problem is that Marveaux is unproven in EPL and I bet most of us here would prefer a 9m (or even as high as 15m) premium just to ensure that the new winger can perform in EPL.

I am not disappointed that we give up N'zogbia after we signed Marveaux, because that makes sense.  My question is just is it a good decision to choose Marveaux and ~10m over N'Zogbia?

I don't think those at the club who actually run things give a shite about rumours. I don't think there's any conspiracy theory to either a) mask other deals or b) pretend we're doing something. These things are part and parcel of football and happen at every club, we're no different.

N'Zogbia would have been a much better signing.