SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Guest johnson293
Wigan Athletic midfielder Charles N'Zogbia to go on strike in attempt to force Roberto Martinez to sell him

Charles N’Zogbia will go on strike in an attempt to force Wigan Athletic to sell him as his frustration boils over following the rejection of a £9 million bid from Aston Villa.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/wigan-athletic/8650812/Wigan-Athletic-midfielder-Charles-NZogbia-to-go-on-strike-in-attempt-to-force-Roberto-Martinez-to-sell-him.html

Guest neesy111

He's French, it's incredible he hasn't been on strike before TBH.

He has, he walked out on the team against Watford in 2007.

Guest neesy111

He's French, it's incredible he hasn't been on strike before TBH.

He has, he walked out on the team against Watford in 2007.

Mais bien sur.

Merci.

Guest TheSummerOf69

This situation was on the cards since the day they bought him. It's why he's not at Arsenal.

It's also why (like Ben Arfa and Barton) we have a chance of buying these top quality players - because they come with baggage.

Part of the trouble is that there have been a number of over-the-odds transfers in the last few months - Carroll, Henderson, Bent, Downing - and owners like Whelan are saying that if he goes for £20m, my player is just as good and I expect a similar fee.

I don't think these fees are realistic for that standard of player, particularly with FFP coming up. £9m for Zoggy in the last year of his contract is a good bid.

Guest tyzer

Just seen Dave Whelan on SSN. He says there are 2 other premier league clubs other than Villa bidding for N'zogbia.

Just seen Dave Whelan on SSN. He says there are 2 other premier league clubs other than Villa bidding for N'zogbia.

Everton & Sunderland surely.

Does. Not. Compute.

[/never gets old]

What's interesting is that Whelan also said that the transfer depends on who's willing to pay the most up front. I think our MO in the transfer market is that we pay all our transfers up front, which would still leave us in with a shot.

Maybe Baggio is right after all.