SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Guest Geordiesned

I fully expect Llambias to leak a story to the media just after he's signed for Villa saying we made a late attempt to hijack the move.

'Going for the top six'.  It is a step up for N'Zogbia, wouldn't go as far as to call it a good move.  He's basically one rung below where he should want to be at this stage in his career.

He's a couple of rungs below IMO. He could play for anyone in the league.

And yet he's signing the deal, because he believes Villa are making ambitious strides for the top six.

http://www.unitedfornewcastle.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/jose.jpg

:razz:

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish on the imminent arrival of Charles N'Zogbia: "He's an explosive player and he gives us a little bit of quality to replace one or two of the guys that have left the club."

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish on the imminent arrival of Charles N'Zogbia: "He's an explosive player and he gives us a little bit of quality to replace one or two of the guys that have left the club."

Wow. Villa really showing us up here.

Because they've signed a player?

Because they've sold a couple of their quality players, identified someone as good (if not better) and spent the money on bringing him in.

If we'd done the same with Carroll, there'd be fewer complaining.

Because they've sold a couple of their quality players, identified someone as good (if not better) and spent the money on bringing him in.

If we'd done the same with Carroll, there'd be fewer complaining.

We've done that with Nolan though (Cabaye) and we're attempting to replace Carroll with Ba and Erdinc. Not to mention the new water fountain at the training ground and tarmac at sd.com@SJP. You fans demand too much. [/Llambias]

Because they've signed one player to replace two equally good if not better players?

Whereas we have replaced both our losses and have actually increased in numbers?

We've replaced our losses have we? Can't see a good enough Carroll replacement myself. We needed two strikers before we sold him in January. Nor can I see a decent enough Enrique replacement when he finally f***s off.

Although I'm not surprised some can't understand what Villa are doing. Losing a left winger and spending the money to replace him with a quality left winger. How crazy!?

If N'Zogbia goes through, they'll have brought in 2 players (Given being the other) for £12.5m.

They have lost 10 players (including around 5 first teamers) for a combined total of £36m this window alone.

If you are including Carroll, then you also have to include Ben Arfa as part of the winter window.

This window we have so far brought in 4 in while losing one first teamer.

Let's see where we both stand at the end of the window, but as it stands now, yes I can see what they are doing, cost cutting to a far greater extent than we are, and not in a better position than when the window opened.

One big opportunity for us to sign a proven, in-form Premier League player at an affordable price, a good age, someone with qualities we need such as pace, skill and creativity. And it would seem we have gone for the cheaper option with Marveaux on a bosman, a player with major question marks over his injury record.

Now I don't know anything about Marveaux other than Liverpool had a look and that, much like the Gosling signing, he's on the back of a serious injury and hasn't played in donkeys. But I'm pretty disappointed we've gone down this route seeing as we should have money to spend. Given how the Gosling signing went and the problems we've had with injury lists over the years, not to mention all our signings have come abroad, you'd have thought the N'Zogbia deal would be a much more attractive option and well worth the cost. According to Pardew, these bosman deals have set us back financially anyway, which makes even less sense why we didn't just go in for N'Zogbia.

All we can do now is hope Marveaux is the business.

One big opportunity for us to sign a proven, in-form Premier League player at an affordable price, a good age, someone with qualities we need such as pace, skill and creativity. And it would seem we have gone for the cheaper option with Marveaux on a bosman, a player with major question marks over his injury record.

Now I don't know anything about Marveaux other than Liverpool had a look and that, much like the Gosling signing, he's on the back of a serious injury and hasn't played in donkeys. But I'm pretty disappointed we've gone down this route seeing as we should have money to spend. Given how the Gosling signing went and the problems we've had with injury lists over the years, not to mention all our signings have come abroad, you'd have thought the N'Zogbia deal would be a much more attractive option and well worth the cost. According to Pardew, these bosman deals have set us back financially anyway, which makes even less sense why we didn't just go in for N'Zogbia.

Spot on.

If you look retrospectively, yep.

But back to the time before Marveaux's signed, would you take a gamble to wait for N'Zogbia, or just go for the safer option? It's not just about money, but the risk involved by giving up Marveaux.

No matter if we signed Marveaux or not we should have gone for Zoggy as well.

This and this.

No matter if we signed Marveaux or not we should have gone for Zoggy as well.

This and this.

Why didn't Villa sign Marveaux as well as Zog as well then? Not to mention they should have been in for Cabaye and Ba seeing as they were all available cheap.

If you look retrospectively, yep.

But back to the time before Marveaux's signed, would you take a gamble to wait for N'Zogbia, or just go for the safer option? It's not just about money, but the risk involved by giving up Marveaux.

Why did we have to wait for N'Zogbia?