SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Pardew had always mentioned us going for a striker then a midfielder/winger. I don't see why our plans have or should change. We're still going to target a midfielder after the erdinc deal is done.

We won't get a cb because no one has mentioned getting a cb and maybe we'll get a backup LB but I doubt it because we were obviously not planning on paying much, hence the bid for Taylor. For what its worth, I think we'll get Taylor next year when Swansea are relegated because he'll have a relegation release clause in his new contract.

At the moment we have Jonas, Marveaux and Barton who can play on the flanks.  We can add one more winger but before that we have to ship out Routledge AND Raylor.

Charles N'Zogbia's off Newcastle United radar

Jul 24 2011 by Lee Ryder, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE UNITED are NOT expected to re-enter the race to bring Charles N’Zogbia back to St James’ Park.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/07/24/charles-n-zogbia-s-off-newcastle-united-radar-79310-29108777/

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3061/leeryder1.gif

Pardew pretty much himself a week or so ago said that the N'Zogbia thing was pretty much gone, so why are the Sunday Sun dragging it up again saying we're not going back in for him?

Its Ryder man

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3061/leeryder1.gif

We bid 12 mil apparently in January for zog so why wouldn't the club bid again? Yes we've brought in Marveaux but apart from that whats changed since then?

You answered your own question I think tbh.

Yup.. they were never going to blow a fortune on Zog while Marveaux was available for free

And as United prepared this morning to head for Ohio from scorching Orlando for Tuesday night’s clash against the MLS outfit Columbus Crew there was little indication that the Magpies will lose their cool in the transfer market – despite being stuck in the middle of one of the hottest ever summers in the US.

:suicide:

If we get Erdinc for £6.5m then I think we've done quite well in the transfer market over the last 6 months.  We've snapped up some quality players for smallish fees and got some real bargains but I can't help but feel that there must be at least enough cash to splash out on just one player.

I'm not advocating going back to the high spending days that left the club in such a state but £9m - £10m for a player of Zogs quality who would improve the side so much shouldn't be beyond our reach.  Paying over the odds just once should be possible if it will benefit the side so much.

If we get Erdinc for £6.5m then I think we've done quite well in the transfer market over the last 6 months.  We've snapped up some quality players for smallish fees and got some real bargains but I can't help but feel that there must be at least enough cash to splash out on just one player.

I'm not advocating going back to the high spending days that left the club in such a state but £9m - £10m for a player of Zogs quality who would improve the side so much shouldn't be beyond our reach.  Paying over the odds just once should be possible if it will benefit the side so much.

Agreed, I am definitely not in the 'we have £35m, if we don't spend it all it's a disgrace' school of thought but we should have a bit available to sign a quality player if the opportunity arises and with the mental valuations about at the moment N'Zogbia would go at a comparative bargain.

If we sign Erding though I would be happy witbh a big money signing like N'Zogbia or a real quality defender.

Guest johnson293

SkySportsNews Sky Sports News

Aston Villa agree £9.5million fee with Wigan to sign winger Charles N'zogbia....More details on SSN

26 seconds ago

SkySportsNews Sky Sports News

Aston Villa agree £9.5million fee with Wigan to sign winger Charles N'zogbia....More details on SSN

26 seconds ago

Unacceptable that we're not in for him at that price with the money we should have.

Villa will be in for a shock in 5 years when they see N'Zogbia ACTUALLY cost them well over £20 million in fees and wages :lol:

On a more serious note, how can Villa afford to buy these players and we can't? Bent, Given and N'Zogbia cost pretty much what they received for Young and Downing and I doubt they're finished either. Liverpool and Sunderland are reinvesting their huge transfer fees too.