SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

It looks like he's leaving, my only concern would be Bruce who's always chasing our targets. We are quite strict with our wage structure whereas Sunderland are willing to do daft deals especially if it's in competition with us. You just have to look at the Kilgannon deal last year.

I don't think our current wage structure will be too dissimilar to Sunderland's now we're back in the top flight.

I'm not even sure Sunderland have a wage structure.

Kilgallon man :lol:

What a buy he turned out to be.

That fucking idiot Moncur wanted him to replace Coloccini 18 months ago.

Moncur's a dinosaur, and his "expert" opinion belongs in the stone ages.

N'Zogbia's problem if he goes to Sunderland is that he'd not be able to live the same lifestyle as last time. Think he likes the area and city but he'll be in for a massive shock if he believes he'd be able to live here, play for them, and be able to go out where he wanted.

Kilgallon man :lol:

What a buy he turned out to be.

That fucking idiot Moncur wanted him to replace Coloccini 18 months ago.

Moncur's a dinosaur, and his "expert" opinion belongs in the stone ages.

I stood next to Moncur in the taxi queue at Newcastle Central after the Peterbrough away match last season and he had the mankiest pair of dress shoes on I have ever seen. True story.

I see him at the KFC on London Road right near the ground, fat bastad had about 8 bits of chicken.

Must...resist...racial...stereotypes...joke...

N'Zogbia or Moncur?  :lol: :lol: I suppose there is a joke there for either if you're man enough  :laugh:

I see him at the KFC on London Road right near the ground, fat bastad had about 8 bits of chicken.

Didn't realise Scottish people were associated with chicken like :lol:

I think there's absolutely no chance of him going to Sunderland, he'd have nowhere to live or go out and he'd know this. I think we've got a really good chance as long as we get in quick before any other big clubs start mulling over him, while Wigan staying up or going down will only effect the price because he's certainly had enough there and wants to play in front of big crowds again (plus only a year left aye?)

Going to say I think he'll be our first signing.

Didn't realise Scottish people were associated with chicken like :lol:

Did I mention he had ordered haggis instead of baked beans and he was pouring Bells Whisky into his coke.  I think he was wearing a kilt and had a beard as well

If what I've heard is correct (and it usually isn't) then N'Zogbia wants to come back to Newcastle but Whelan is trying to generate interest from other clubs because he'd rather indulge in a spot of self-immolation than deal with Mike Ashley.

Hardly groundbreaking information I know, but I will be claiming ITK status if he signs.

If what I've heard is correct (and it usually isn't) then N'Zogbia wants to come back to Newcastle but Whelan is trying to generate interest from other clubs because he'd rather indulge in a spot of self-immolation than deal with Mike Ashley.

Hardly groundbreaking information I know, but I will be claiming ITK status if he signs.

Did Whelan not deal with Ashley when Wigan signed N'Zogbia?

Did Whelan not deal with Ashley when Wigan signed N'Zogbia?

This is what confused me, although I suppose it's a bravado thing. Having to sell your best player is a bit more emasculating than buying him in the first place.

This is what confused me, although I suppose it's a bravado thing. Having to sell your best player is a bit more emasculating than buying him in the first place.

On the other hand, you would have thought that Whelan would prefer to take money from Ashley rather than give him his cash.  They clearly dislike each other so anything is possible.

I reckon you are right. HBA in, plus linked with a host of other French footballers, Zoggy probably thinks he'll have a great time here with his fellow compatriots, after all its why he pined for a move to Arsenal for so long (that and the obvious its Arsenal)

Guest Wearside

I can't see him being able to go out in town as an ex-Newcastle/current Mackem player without getting a lot of stick.

Doesn't stop Bramble going out in Newcastle.

Didn't stop Lee Clark.

Didn't stop Steven Caldwell.

Didn't stop Michael Chopra.

I'm sure you can see where this is going.

I can't see him being able to go out in town as an ex-Newcastle/current Mackem player without getting a lot of stick.

Doesn't stop Bramble going out in Newcastle.

Didn't stop Lee Clark.

Didn't stop Steven Caldwell.

Didn't stop Michael Chopra.

I'm sure you can see where this is going.

:bluestar: