SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Don't remember much from that game really apart from Owen scoring 2 and Shearer coming off the bench to score our third. I can recall Shola having a decent game............can't remember much about N'Zogbia!

Shola was absolutely bloody abysmal that day. I vividly remember everyone in the SU bar constantly laughing at him then cheering when he was subbed off for Shearer.

Don't remember much from that game really apart from Owen scoring 2 and Shearer coming off the bench to score our third. I can recall Shola having a decent game............can't remember much about N'Zogbia!

Shola was absolutely bloody abysmal that day. I vividly remember everyone in the SU bar constantly laughing at him then cheering when he was subbed off for Shearer.

Wasn't Boumsong captain that day till Shearer came on? :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

The game before he signed? I wouldnt have thought so

Whether it happens or not we'll see but the thought of a fully fit Ben Arfa and N'Zogbia playing together is frightening and thats not just the egos, lol

Seriously though in an entirely positive slant two players like that playing together could do serious damage to an opposition.

Boum was indeed captain that day. 9 months or so after signing.

I can live with him coming back. Because he left, hopefully, just because of fucking joe kinnear.

Would be a great signing. However i fear the ship has sailed, and that bigger guns are going to bid more/pay more wages than us..

It was 0-0 at West Brom. We played 4-5-1 or something and it was infuriatingly Souness-ish. Think Zog played the full game?

Only one interesting thing happened, when Bowyer hit the post, and I'd had to go for a piss and missed it because I'd had a skinful. Absolutely dreadful game.

:thup: Knew it.

Guest Roger Kint

:thup: Knew it.

I was thinking the original game people were discussing ie 0-0

Guest Loven11

On Twitter:

nufcfans NUFCfans

Lets get the ball rolling then - #NUFC linked with a move for former winger Charles N'Zogbia. One simple question. Yes or No?

Some of the replies:

Yes he's much better than when he left and could give us speed, creativity and goals!

No. N'Zogbia is a cancer. Bad attitudes is what we got rid of after relegation. Don't need his like.

Yes, deffo. He spat his dummy out when he left but hopefully he's grown up now. Would be an asset.

Class player, wrong mentality. And with this current team and team-spirit, no.

Charlie is a talent... but his head is tooo big... he thinks he's a Lionel messi..

I'd say no. Since we sold him there's better wingers available. He had his chance at #nufc

no. His attitude was rubbish & think of his ego if we ask for him back!! To me it would be a backwards move anyway

Anyway I'd love to see him back.

http://twitter.com/#!/nufcfans

Actually, now that I think about it, Shola was terrible that day. Thought he provided an assist but having read the match report, he didn't.

I am pretty sure this deal won't happen by now. It's not like us to publicise deals with players we are interested in and there's just too much noise around this for it to be genuine IMO.

Ben Arfa, Perch, Campell and Gosling.

4 out of our last 6 signings linked at least a month before they actually signed.

True. Might just be Whelan and Ashley posturing for a price and Zog piping up to get his move here.

If they went down, I wonder what price we'd be looking at. £7/8 million?

Well we sold him for a stupidly low price of around £6m so it would piss me off if we paid too much more despite most people on here being more concerned at the loss of Given for a similar price.

It was obvious even then which player was worth more. It has nothing to do with psychic ability.

If they went down, I wonder what price we'd be looking at. £7/8 million?

Difficult to say.  Say I had a bike to sell and the going rate was about £100.  You wanted to buy it off me and offered me the full price.  Thing is you fucked my sister, called her a slag, shat in her handbag, started a website about her looking like James Corden and successfully framed her for the kidnap of Madeleine McCann.

I'd probably not sell you the bike for £100.  Maybe for £200 if there were no other takers and I needed the money.

Really depends how many bidders there are. If we are the only serious ones the balls in our court considering he's only got a year left. Wigan will obviously be hoping for a bidding war though to inflate the price.