SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Dave Whelan on the radio this morning saying he expects if they go down to lose about six players and he wouldnt stand in their way if they want to stay in the Prem. Also said highest paid player was on 30k with a relegation clause that would reduce it by 10k. Very open of him - he also struggled to remember zogs name when talking about our last minute 11m bid. Just said it was too late in the day to do the deal not that he wouldnt consider it.

Dave Whelan on the radio this morning saying he expects if they go down to lose about six players and he wouldnt stand in their way if they want to stay in the Prem. Also said highest paid player was on 30k with a relegation clause that would reduce it by 10k. Very open of him - he also struggled to remember zogs name when talking about our last minute 11m bid. Just said it was too late in the day to do the deal not that he wouldnt consider it.

Charlie heard it and a threw a transfer request in.

but i thought it was a load of tosh just pushed by the club to make it appear they had tried to get someone and the bid hadn't been real ?

I always liked nzogbia when he was here but I felt like he was never given a decent crack in the first team, or if he did he was played out of position and we were not getting the best from such a skilful player.

I admit I was pissed off when he left (mainly because I liked him) and wished him a shit future considering the way he forced his way out. Looking back it was probably wrong to think that because our manager was Joe fucking kinnear man, can you believe he was our manager?!

Totally irrelevant but kazenga reminds me of zog. He's a pacey and an unpredictable package and would love him to see a bit more first team action next season

but i thought it was a load of tosh just pushed by the club to make it appear they had tried to get someone and the bid hadn't been real ?

Pardew said we never made a bid for him. Just depends who you think is lying.

You don't think he was taking the piss with that first post then? Jesus wept, this is getting stupid.

Pathetic isn't it?

Obviously my first comment was tongue in cheek. No sense of humour at times on these boards.

:lol: When you make a rod for your back, the others will hang you from it :lol:

Pardew rubbished reports of links with West Ham's Demba Ba and Wigan winger and former Magpies player Charles N'Zogbia as 'unsavoury' due to the positions of both teams.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't cheer for Weeegan to go down so we can pillage wor Zog back, never mind the fact that their fans do not deserve a premiership berth...

Going to be interesting trying to sign N'Zogbia now ...

I'm sure Arsenal will find the money somehow.

Would rather see him come here tbh. Can't see it happening now.

Has there even been so much as a peep out of N'Zogbia to indicate that he'd like to return?

Has there even been so much as a peep out of N'Zogbia to indicate that he'd like to return?

Don't think so. There has been a bit of paper talk suggesting he would be 'open' to a move back here, but he's playing his cards close to his chest.

That extra money we threw away today would probably have paid for the extra Wigan will demand for N'Zogbia with them staying up. Double whammy.

Yey, the gift that keeps on giving.

On Jan deadline day when we "bid" SS sources said "N'Zogbia wants the move to go through."

If it's true or not is another story. :lol:

When he got interviewed after their game at the Hawtorns like a week later he avoided the question like. I reckon he would come back.

No way we would have inquired in January if we thought otherwise. Would be happy to have him back as long as we bring in other options as well.

Need a couple of strikers/attacking mids in addition imo (before mentioning the defensive situation).

He'd get more money, a slightly better chance of success, and the guy who forgot his name and the guy who punched him in the face aren't even here anymore. I don't see why he wouldn't come.

We're a selling club so he can also keep his hopes for a dream move to Arsenal alive. O0

His performance yesterday reminded me of how he often used to perform for us - wandering around like a lost soul, tentative, mentally not switched on. The occasion seemed to get to him.

My fear is that he's been doing well playing in a free role, as a big fish in a small pond, without the pressure of playing for a big club. Take him out of that and it'd be a different story.