SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

His performance yesterday reminded me of how he often used to perform for us - wandering around like a lost soul, tentative, mentally not switched on. The occasion seemed to get to him.

My fear is that he's been doing well playing in a free role, as a big fish in a small pond, without the pressure of playing for a big club. Take him out of that and it'd be a different story.

Well I watched him last week when he scored two goals and I didn't think he looked that much different to the player we had here. Still looks to over dribble sometimes and play with his head down. Still puts in some great crosses and hits a good shot. I'd like him back because he's better than Jonas but I don't think we should pay over the odds for him. He's got 12 months left at Wigan, so £8m tops.

His performance yesterday reminded me of how he often used to perform for us - wandering around like a lost soul, tentative, mentally not switched on. The occasion seemed to get to him.

My fear is that he's been doing well playing in a free role, as a big fish in a small pond, without the pressure of playing for a big club. Take him out of that and it'd be a different story.

Yes. The pressure of targeting 10th might just destroy him. Honestly, man.

It was N'Zogbia's brilliant cross that set up Wigan's goal.  He also would have had a stone wall penalty had he not chose to stay on his feet after skinning Pennant.

If he can still provide that kind of threat whilst 'not being switched on' then there's no risk whatsoever.

He's ended the season with 5 goals in 6 games and got the assist for the winner yesterday. His performances have pretty much kept Wigan up.

It was N'Zogbia's brilliant cross that set up Wigan's goal.  He also would have had a stone wall penalty had he not chose to stay on his feet after skinning Pennant.

If he can still provide that kind of threat whilst 'not being switched on' then there's no risk whatsoever.

It was Figueora's cross..point still stands. He is good.

Wigan fan on the radio earlier saying that Zoggy's attitude had been better recently and he had been more of a team player.  Said he woudn't mind if he moved to a bigger club like Liverpool but does not see why he would make a sideways move to clubs like Newcastle and Sunderland!!!!!

I wasn't 100% sure, so I looked at BBC's match report.

With 12 minutes remaining of an excruciatingly tense encounter, Rodallega found the top corner from Charles N'Zogbia's far-post cross.

:undecided:

Was definitely Figueroa.

Wigan fan on the radio earlier saying that Zoggy's attitude had been better recently and he had been more of a team player.  Said he woudn't mind if he moved to a bigger club like Liverpool but does not see why he would make a sideways move to clubs like Newcastle and Sunderland!!!!!

:lol: words fail me

Fucking Wigan fans man :lol:

Charlie signing for us will be a much needed reality check for small town club fans who have far too high a regard for themselves.

Wigan fans should be enthused by the fact everyone thinks they're shit. With some effort and luck, they could even get half of that soulless stadium full.

I wasn't 100% sure, so I looked at BBC's match report.

With 12 minutes remaining of an excruciatingly tense encounter, Rodallega found the top corner from Charles N'Zogbia's far-post cross.

:undecided:

Was definitely Figueroa.

Yeah. The co-commentator on Sky wrongly identified the player as Zoggy, and I don't think his colleague was sufficiently sure of his ground to correct him. The mistake has been perpetuated by the likes of the Beeb.

I'd agree with TRon, that the strengths and weaknesses of his play that we saw before are still there. His control of the ball when moving forward isn't that secure, and while he can open a defence up by getting past his man, he's just as liable to lose it completely. If we're going to pay £10m +, I think we can get someone who's more the complete package.

"Wigan eager to keep N'Zogbia"

Roberto Martinez insists Wigan Athletic would only sell star midfielder Charles N'Zogbia to a UEFA Champions League side.

The French winger has gone from strength to strength after joining from Newcastle in 2009 and is now an integral figure for the Latics.

The 24-year-old is one of the Premier League's most influential performers and Martinez knows that he will eventually leave the DW Stadium.

However, Martinez has stressed Wigan are under no pressure to sell and says a deal would only be struck if it was a club that took his career forward.

Martinez believes that keeping N'Zogbia at Wigan is more important than any possible signing they could make during the transfer window.

"Charles has improved every year, scored 10 goals a season and taken on more responsibility by being captain," said Martinez.

"He knows I wouldn't stop his career progressing. But he also knows I wouldn't like him to go anywhere for the money as he's still 24.

"There are certain players who can compete in the Champions League and you can't stop those players.

"As well as Charles, there's a few who fall into that category.

"If the timing and price is right, then it can happen. But if I don't see a club who can offer him a different project than ours, then we won't sell.

"We don't have to sell and to keep the group is more important than any signing."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6950882,00.html

"But if I don't see a club who can offer him a different project than ours, then we won't sell."

As if that'll make any difference :lol: It didn't stop him moving to fucking Wigan in the first place.