SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

I reckon £7m for Enrique, £8m for N'Zogbia.....even though Enrique is better.

How is he better?

Enrique's a better left back then Zog is a winger.  Its pretty hard to compare them directly obviously as they have very different jobs.  I just think that Enrique is among the top few players in his position in the league, while IMO Zog isn't.

How is he better?

Enrique's a better left back then Zog is a winger.  Its pretty hard to compare them directly obviously as they have very different jobs.  I just think that Enrique is among the top few players in his position in the league, while IMO Zog isn't.

I rate Cole, Evra, Clichy, Baines and Kolorov as all being better than Enrique. How many right wingers are better than N'Zogbia because I think he could get in at Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea in that position.

I've always been a fan of Enrique's but the one thing that will put the top clubs off him is his lack of ability going forward, which is what they look for in their fullbacks since they spend most of their time on the front foot.

How is he better?

I rate Cole, Evra, Clichy, Baines and Kolorov as all being better than Enrique. How many right wingers are better than N'Zogbia because I think he could get in at Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea in that position.

I've always been a fan of Enrique's but the one thing that will put the top clubs off him is his lack of ability going forward, which is what they look for in their fullbacks since they spend most of their time on the front foot.

Clichy definitely not, Kolorov probably not. As for Charlie being able to get a gig at a top 4 team, I think if he could he would've already.

How is he better?

Clichy definitely not, Kolorov probably not. As for Charlie being able to get a gig at a top 4 team, I think if he could he would've already.

I don't really buy the "If he could he would have already" line, there are plenty of players good enough to get in top 4 teams in the same way there are top 4 players that wouldn't get in a mid table team in that particular position.

I rate Clichy and Kolorov as being better than Enrique as well not being as strong defensively they are miles better going forward which is a large part of fullback play now, in fact I think Enrique gets a free pass from Newcastle fans considering some of his basic errors.

When you consider this was his best season in the Premiership and he was hardly great as I said earlier, he seems to get it easier than someone like Coloccini who performed to a higher standard this season than him.

How is he better?

Cole

Evra

Enrique

Baines

Assou-Ekotto

That would be my top 5 LB's in the league with Jose and Baines being pretty much on par with each other.

I rate Baines quite a bit higher than Enrique, Ekotto is a good shout as he's a very underrated player.

I'd probably put him and Enrique on par.

How is he better?

Enrique's a better left back then Zog is a winger.  Its pretty hard to compare them directly obviously as they have very different jobs.  I just think that Enrique is among the top few players in his position in the league, while IMO Zog isn't.

Cole and Evra yes, but I don't agree with the rest (especially the likes of Clichy and Kolorov).  Nani, Valencia, Nasri, Lennon are all as good or better than Zog IMO.

I agree that some left backs (such as Baines) are better at going forward than Enrique, though you might consider that its easier to go forward as a left back in a top four side then it is playing for Newcastle.  Still defensively he's awesome and even though he's had a good season I think that plenty of times this season he's just looked like he's uninterested and going through the motions, otherwise he'd be rated even higher.

Anyway, we obviously rate both players a little differently, lets just say they're both excellent players and agree to disagree.

Cole

Evra

Enrique

Baines

Assou-Ekotto

That would be my top 5 LB's in the league with Jose and Baines being pretty much on par with each other.

Yeah I'd agree with that, Enrique being better defensively and Baines better going forward.  I still think though that for a lot of this season Enrique hasn't tried as hard as he could have, the fact that he's still looked excellent is a testament to just how good he is.

How is he better?

Cole and Evra yes, but I don't agree with the rest (especially the likes of Clichy and Kolorov).  Nani, Valencia, Nasri, Lennon are all as good or better then Zog.

I agree that some are better at going forward, though you might consider that its easier to go forward as a left back in a top four side then it is playing for Newcastle.  Still defensively he's awesome and even though he's had a good season I think its plain as day he can do better, plenty of times this season he's just looked like he's uninterested and going through the motions.

Anyway, we obviously rate both players a little differently, lets just say they're both excellent players and agree to disagree.

Lennon isn't anywhere near as good as N'Zogbia and Nasri isn't a right winger either which leaves Nani and Valencia, that both play in the same team...

I agree Enrique is awesome defensively and always has been since he's been here, his problems have been self inflicted by trying to play out of trouble but he's cut that out of his game quite a bit but is still prone to dropping a major bollock every now and then.

I don't see him being better going forward in a better team either as it's not his ability to get forward that's the problem, it's his lack of ability on the ball when he gets there in the same way Beye was useless more often than not when he got forward too.

Cole

Evra

Enrique

Baines

Assou-Ekotto

Yeah I'd agree with that, Enrique being better defensively and Baines better going forward.  I still think though that for a lot of this season Enrique hasn't tried as hard as he could have, the fact that he's still looked excellent is a testament to just how good he is.

He hasn't looked excellent though, he's been good but the likes of Coloccini, Barton and Tiote have been excellent.

Baines is quite a bit better than Enrique even if he isn't as strong defensively, as I said earlier a large part of being a fullback in modern football is having the ability going forward, possibly more so than defending for the top clubs.

Well he is IMO mate, I obviously don't rate N'Zogbia as highly as you.

I'm not going to go through every team and only including players that are specifically considered right wingers.  But suffice to say that IMO Zog wouldn't get into Arsenal's team, or Manures, or the Spuds or Man City's.

Cole

Evra

Enrique

Baines

Assou-Ekotto

Yeah I'd agree with that, Enrique being better defensively and Baines better going forward.  I still think though that for a lot of this season Enrique hasn't tried as hard as he could have, the fact that he's still looked excellent is a testament to just how good he is.

He hasn't looked excellent though, he's been good but the likes of Coloccini, Barton and Tiote have been excellent.

Baines is quite a bit better than Enrique even if he isn't as strong defensively, as I said earlier a large part of being a fullback in modern football is having the ability going forward, possibly more so than defending for the top clubs.

Enrique's tapered off quite a bit as the seasons gone along, seems like he's really not that interested now unless we play a top team (he doesn't seem to make the mistakes you mention against teams like Man Utd or Chelsea..).  But IMO he has been excellent, he's even put in some very good attacking displays.  But anyway, I know your opinion and you know mine so that's the end of it for me, time for some Southpark, seeyas :)

N'Zogbia is a fucking match winner. Every good team needs a match winner. A player who can pull some mad shit out the bag when the whole teams having a shitter. Man Utd: Rooney, Hernandez etc. Chelsea: Drogba, Lampard etc. Whatever, im drunk and shit but all im saying is ALL GOOD TEAMS GOT ONE OF THEM PLAYERS WHO CAN PULL SHIT OUT THE BAG WHEN SHITS NGOING DOWN.

N'Zogbia is a fucking match winner. Every good team needs a match winner. A player who can pull some mad shit out the bag when the whole teams having a shitter. Man Utd: Rooney, Hernandez etc. Chelsea: Drogba, Lampard etc. Whatever, im drunk and shit but all im saying is ALL GOOD TEAMS GOT ONE OF THEM PLAYERS WHO CAN PULL SHIT OUT THE BAG WHEN SHITS NGOING DOWN.

I know a dude who knows Zog and apparently Zog called him and was all like 'Yeah bro im coming dw'