SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

5m isn't a reflection of his ability, more a case of his contract situation. 5m now or zero in 11 months time?

Exactly.

Agreed, I'd reckon 4.6m-6m for Enrique, 7.5m-8.5m (maybe even 9m) for Zoggy.

5m isn't a reflection of his ability, more a case of his contract situation. 5m now or zero in 11 months time?

I'd rather the latter and have him another year instead of getting mugged off with such a shit offer.

I think we will look to get for him whatever we pay for M'Bengue who we seem to value around the 5-6 million euro mark.

Did people really think we could get the reported £15 million for him?

I'd rather the latter and have him another year instead of getting mugged off with such a shit offer.

Then moan when we don't have the money for a replacement.

Guest Roger Kint

I'd rather the latter and have him another year instead of getting mugged off with such a s*** offer.

Thank God you dont have anything to do with running NUFC then.

Fair enough, do you think Ashley shares your opinion? I reckon he'll sell him now personally and 5m would seem a decent opening bid from a buying club.

Fair enough, do you think Ashley shares your opinion? I reckon he'll sell him now personally and 5m would seem a decent opening bid from a buying club.

Don't think he shares my opinion, but I think he's got enough business sense to not get held to ransom for one of our prize assets.

We'll get at least £8m.

Don't think he shares my opinion, but I think he's got enough business sense to not get held to ransom for one of our prize assets.

We'll get at least £8m.

Think you're being wildly optimistic but I hope you're right.  :thup:

Guest Roger Kint

Keeping him is a valid option though, especially if the fee is small. In a year's time we might be a much better team and we might be able to get him to sign a new contract then.

£5m may seem small on a monitor, when its actual cash and you have an obligation to run the business then its entirely different. Also its pretty naive to assume the player will happily stay and play to his ability while you deprive him of the fact he wanted to leave in the first place. Its just as likely he will take a huff or worse(can he buy out his contract now?) and then we have the wonderful position of paying him the fat end of £40kpw for a year(plus loyalty payments for seeing out his contract) on the off chance he fancies giving a shit.

There is no way on earth Ashley would allow it and he shouldnt either in truth based on the chance of a fairytale ending that wont arrive.

Guest Roger Kint

Ever heard of a player called Shay Given...........

Ever heard of a player called Shay Given...........

Agreed, we were indeed held to ransom by Shay.

Apparently contrary to popular opinion though, I don't think the money we got for Given or N'Zogbia at that time was wildly below their worth considering the situation we were in.

I reckon £7m for Enrique, £8m for N'Zogbia.....even though Enrique is better.

How is he better?

N'Zogbia carried Wigan for parts of last season and banged in 9 league goals and 8 assists in the process.

Enrique was decent but he wasn't outstanding, in fact I thought Tiote, Coloccini, Barton, Nolan and even Carroll done more over the season for us than he did.

Then moan when we don't have the money for a replacement.

:lol:

I reckon £7m for Enrique, £8m for N'Zogbia.....even though Enrique is better.

How is he better?

N'Zogbia carried Wigan for parts of last season and banged in 9 league goals and 8 assists in the process.

Enrique was decent but he wasn't outstanding, in fact I thought Tiote, Coloccini, Barton, Nolan and even Carroll done more over the season for us than he did.

It's easier to carry a team when you're a winger, but even though Enrique wasn't perfect he's still one of the best left backs in the league. I can imagine him at a top, top club whereas I don't think N'Zogbia will quite get there.

Guest Recoba

Zog should be worth more than Jose.  Zog is an international and one of the best attacking midfielders in the league.  Left backs are not as valuable, even if good ones are rare.

Zog should be worth more than Jose.  Zog is an international and one of the best attacking midfielders in the league.  Left backs are not as valuable, even if good ones are rare.

Aye Charles N'Zogbia, that well known France International, played one half of a friendly when nearly the entire was banned.  O0

Get your point, but just saying like.  :lol: