Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Has it not been made clear that we are going to spend within our means?  Wise way to run a football club imo.  If we cannot match the top 4 for financial clout, so be it.

If we run our club properly, then we have a chance because the likes of chelsea and city will not be able to spend the way they currently do when the new financial rules come in. Infact i realy cant see how they are going to be able to pay their wage bill.

So run the new financial rules by me- what are the limitations, when will it come in and is it actually going to happen or pure speculation?

Pavlychenko 12m

Bendtner 10m

Adam Johnson 15m

Taarabt 5m plus Routledge

Jobs a good un

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00y5bc6/Late_Kick_Off_London_and_the_South_East_2010_Episode_3/?t=17m01s

Why I'd stay clear of Taraabt, pathetic.

Wow. That is utterly pathetic. Completely changed my opinion of him.

What did he do? Can't watch it here in Norway :S

Only me who would try to bring Dembele here. That guy was great last night and has been every match i've seen of fulham this season even if that's only 3 or 4 matches.He can only get better, worth a £8-10million bid no doubt.

Otherwise I'd scout Jelle Vossen who has scored 16 in 20 or so for Genk in Belgian League and is only 21.

Guest Roger Kint

Only me who would try to bring Dembele here. That guy was great last night and has been every match i've seen of fulham this season even if that's only 3 or 4 matches.He can only get better, worth a £8-10million bid no doubt.

Otherwise I'd scout Jelle Vossen who has scored 16 in 20 or so for Genk in Belgian League and is only 21.

We should be scouting players like Vossen, Dembele(the other one) etc the next few months especially the French league. Theres a lot of talent in the lesser leagues who are worth a punt rather than wasting bigger money on English based garbage like Cole, Jerome, Crouch etc.

In fact Graham Carr should set off now and not come back to England until May assuming we dont have anyone else as a scout?

I like the random Curtis Davies in there.

Rodallega, Larsson, Samba (if he still wants to leave) and Jerome. Then a few squad fillers like a back up DM and a back up LB would do me.

Just signed a new contract

so did caroll

Pavlychenko 12m

Bendtner 10m

Adam Johnson 15m

Taarabt 5m plus Routledge

Jobs a good un

No thanks to Taarabt and Bendtner. Doubt AJ would come here but I'd take him in a heartbeat, I'd snap up Pav as well. There would probably be better, cheaper options abroad though. Take :tiote: for example. Buying from abroad could easily go wrong as well though, Guivarch and Cordone are pretty good examples of this.

I like the random Curtis Davies in there.

Rodallega, Larsson, Samba (if he still wants to leave) and Jerome. Then a few squad fillers like a back up DM and a back up LB would do me.

Just signed a new contract

so did caroll

Good point BUT it means he would cost a lot more now

The only player I'd look as realistic who I'd really want here from the Premier League is Moussa Dembele. Have been really impressed by him I'd pay £10million for him. He's young and will only get better when fully adapted to this league. Him and Ben Arfa behind a real finisher would be immense. Dembeles passes and hold up play is excellent and Ben Arfas movement and passing is also excellent.

I'd love to have N'Zogbia if he wasn't such a prick. And also how has Shawcross been doing this season? Was good last season wasn't he?

I'd look to Sporting also they must have some good players there and they're in a financial crisis right now.

Guest Roger Kint

Looks like Wolves might be on the way down- might be worth looking at some of their players.

Doyle, Jarvis.........struggling tbh

Guest Roger Kint

I'd have Doyle, Jarvis, Fletcher, Milijas and Foley from Wolves.

Forgot Fletcher actually. Where does Foley play? Not sure i have seen him

Really think we should tempt porto with a £20 million bid plus gutierrez for The Hulk , can't see anyone in the top 4 going for him with their recent striker signings , maybe Spurs. Love him and think he would be great in the PL .

Sure I think they'd be tempted to sell at £20million + Jonas or £25 million. I just doubt he'd deny Champions League football for a team like us. Sorry, its the harsh reality. And if we wan't him we would ahve to offer him around £70k pw and then we might aswell paid Carroll that. But if we could get a young player like Ganso or Lucas Gaucho or Jucilei, maybe we could persuade Hulk to join.

There's only one thing that would make us bring those type of quality players and that is

1. Strong finish to the season

2. AMBITION. We need to spend huge sums and show ambition.

3. Use players like Colo, Jonas, Tiote, Ben Arfa to help us attract players from their nations.

£20m bids?

Some people live on another planet :facepalm:

If you were referring to me than read my post again ffs. I said they'd be tempted to sell at that price not that we will make those types of bids.

If you were not, then I'm sorry.

Guest Roger Kint

£20m bids?

Some people live on another planet :facepalm:

If you were referring to me than read my post again ffs. I said they'd be tempted to sell at that price not that we will make those types of bids.

If you were not, then I'm sorry.

yeah because it makes more sense jump on your post instead of the person who actually said it.......

Apology accepted btw