Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Honestly, we should look to sign Brazilian or Argentinian talents playing for u-20 or u-21 and so forth so we have a chance of them getting a work permit.

through the "outstanding young talent" rule I presume (like Man Yoo did with Anderson).

Any players you could have him mind?

Dentinho? Looks a great player but not sure how realistic it is.

From Argentina, Rogelio Funes Mori is a very promising striker and speaks English (having grew up in the states). Btw, Blackburn got a bargain in Mauro Formica. Whether it`s a gamble or not, 3m is peanuts....certainly some potential bargains in S.America if we have scouts there.

We need Mirandinha, Solano, Acuna on the case!

Honestly, we should look to sign Brazilian or Argentinian talents playing for u-20 or u-21 and so forth so we have a chance of them getting a work permit.

through the "outstanding young talent" rule I presume (like Man Yoo did with Anderson).

Any players you could have him mind?

Dentinho? Looks a great player but not sure how realistic it is.

From Argentina, Rogelio Funes Mori is a very promising striker and speaks English (having grew up in the states). Btw, Blackburn got a bargain in Mauro Formica. Whether it`s a gamble or not, 3m is peanuts....certainly some potential bargains in S.America if we have scouts there.

We need Mirandinha, Solano, Acuna on the case!

Dentinho is a good player, but very injury prone and very how'd you say, he loves himself a bit too much.

But players who might be to big for us now after all their hype are

Lucas from Sao Paulo

Ganso

Neymar

But i'd look to sign a player like Jucilei who is very technically gifted and can play everywhere across the midfield. He also got his first call up to the national team and is a calm player and also very strongly built. I think he would do very well in the Premiership. However, Juventus and Paris SG are teams looking at him. But playing him in the midfield with Tiote would be immense, bar the language barrier.

I like the random Curtis Davies in there.

Rodallega, Larsson, Samba (if he still wants to leave) and Jerome. Then a few squad fillers like a back up DM and a back up LB would do me.

Players out:

Harper, Campbell, Routledge, Lovenkrands, Smith, Xisco. Anyone else? What realistically can we get for these?

Players in:

Keepers:  We have Krul and Forster, so none.

Backs: Backup for Enrique, possibly a right back as well.

CM: We have Nolan, Tiote, Gosling (?) and Guthrie, so we are fine.

ML/MR: Possibly another winger.

ST: two new strikers.

So what we need are 5 players and possibly a couple of loanees.

Aye, but he looks like Lemar.

I don't think we will get any 20+ a season men, so I thought 2 decent strikers. Jerome has all the physical attributes. He would be back up to The Rod imo.

What a pointless thread. FM-tastic.

we have had similar threads for the last 4 or 5 windows. cheer up

Spot the difference. A calendar may assist.

what does the date matter. People are probably trying to look ahead and get over Carroll.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,71550.0.html was started in september.  :pow:

EDIT

Even better this was started in feb. yes feb last year

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,67828.0.html

the calendar assisted me greatly  :snod:

Aye, but he looks like Lemar.

I don't think we will get any 20+ a season men, so I thought 2 decent strikers. Jerome has all the physical attributes. He would be back up to The Rod imo.

Fair point but I don't think he is particularly better than any we have. He'd just add to the plethora of bad strikers we have.