Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Hope we're in for Kyle Walker if Spurs sell him in the summer.

Not going to happen. Might go out on loan, but the consensus is that Hutton will go. Then we can choose between a slow RB who can defend and a fast one who can attack, according to the opposition.

Marca -

Andrés Guardado will not return to La Coruña. Depor's intention is to sell to Mexico before the start of the preseason, which begins July 12. It is the public interest to transfer the club Espanyol player contract ends in 2012 and which aims Lendoiro get a good amount of money, around eight million euros.

Surely worth a go.

Bryan Ruiz too. My outside guess for the new striker.

Marca -

Andrés Guardado will not return to La Coruña. Depor's intention is to sell to Mexico before the start of the preseason, which begins July 12. It is the public interest to transfer the club Espanyol player contract ends in 2012 and which aims Lendoiro get a good amount of money, around eight million euros.

Surely worth a go.

Ruiz was excellent in Twente's title winning season (Valencia and a couple bigger clubs wanted him) but last season not so good I think......so his value will have gone down I guess. I doubt we're in for him anyway...unless Tiote has had a word with Pardew.

Marca -

Surely worth a go.

Ruiz was excellent in Twente's title winning season (Valencia and a couple bigger clubs wanted him) but last season not so good I think......so his value will have gone down I guess. I doubt we're in for him anyway...unless Tiote has had a word with Pardew.

He's not my first choice like. He fits quite a few of the cryptic quotes of Mark Douglas though, and is/was rumoured to be close to signing for Benfica for €7m. Around the fee we're supposed to bid.

Edit - Not him.

We should put some bids in for Loic Remy and El-Arabi.

Remy is not worth what we will be made to pay for him. I was disappointed in him given how much he cost. He did show improvement as Europe moved towards spring, tbf to him, but he still never looked like a player worth fifteen million Euros. Given his improvements and high cost, I could not see OM releasing him for anything other than a large fee. We would also be a step down as he was being pursued by Spurs and clubs in France with real financial muscle. He also has a heart condition.

Guest magpie99

Remy is not worth what we will be made to pay for him. I was disappointed in him given how much he cost. He did show improvement as Europe moved towards spring, tbf to him, but he still never looked like a player worth fifteen million Euros. Given his improvements and high cost, I could not see OM releasing him for anything other than a large fee. We would also be a step down as he was being pursued by Spurs and clubs in France with real financial muscle. He also has a heart condition.

What about the lad, Ayew? Any good?

What about the lad, Ayew? Any good?

Andre Ayew or Jordan?  Wouldn't have a chance of getting Andre I wouldn't have thought, he looks class!

Both look very good. Slightly different players as Andre is usually played on the wing and even sometimes in the center, where he utilises his effortful disposition and high work rate. Andre is top class without doubt. Was a vital player for OM this season, and Nath is correct, if he joins any club in England, it would probably be Arsenal. Jordan is more of a question mark as he's had less appearances, but he's contributed some important goals even at his young age.

So who will replace Noaln, or is Cabaye his replacement?

Craig Gardener probably. Which is fine by me, more mobile and just as good at scoring goals.

Oh but wait , he isnt the second coming of Winston Churchill in the dressing room.

Craig Gardener probably. Which is fine by me, more mobile and just as good at scoring goals.

Oh but wait , he isnt the second coming of Winston Churchill in the dressing room.

The press seem to think Birmingham want £10 million for him.

The press seem to think Birmingham want £10 million for him.

They'll be happy with the £5 million we gave them or they can piss off.

Guest schmuck

I'm not overly gutted at Nolan leaving personally, but you can't just play that off like it's some triviality

Denied any interest according to Mark Douglas. That was yesterday though...

And that last sentence..? It's for everyone to see/read that he was a huge personality in the club.

:lol:

i'd rather have nolan than bloody gardner or ireland.

What does Nolan offer that Gardner doesn't?

They are almost the same, Nolan scores more and is already here. Why sell Nolan for him, if indeed we are?