Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

mr ashley said we would have all money from transfers back into the club so that means we should still have 34.3 million to spend. i dont rely see that happening. 2 decent signings( about 8 million each ) and sturridge 15-18 million and id be the happiest man alive.

Wages are included in that

Not necessarily. We have a wage budget no doubt, and we have already cleared a fair wack of that off with Carroll, Campbell and Nolan gone.

I agree, we were never going to spend ALL £35mill on signings - from this point I think we will spend around £25mill which is more than enough to give us a cracking team

Definitely. Hope it all comes to fruition because it is a missed opportunity otherwise.

Guest levi914

Aye, fair enough.

It's too simplsitic to just minus everything from the £35 million anyway, that's gone towards the overall running costs of the entire club.

ye i totally agree with that just saying i would be gutted if  we signed 1 or 2 more free agents. and a player for 6 million. even though i think cabaye was a great signing. 75 days to the transfer window closes though. think we could have a crackin team by september the 1st

How much would Václav Kadlec cost?

He as good in real life as in fm? lol

He looks pretty impressive lots of long ranged placed shots, nippy as well. Seems to take training seriously. But you can never really tell from gathered shite on internet. My worry as always is the opposition plus his record isn't exactly stellar, but looks a prospect, I'd be delighted to know were keeping tabs on highly rated teenage strikers across Europe, but I think we want a more finished article.

mr ashley said we would have all money from transfers back into the club so that means we should still have 34.3 million to spend. i dont rely see that happening. 2 decent signings( about 8 million each ) and sturridge 15-18 million and id be the happiest man alive.

:lol:

Anyone seen anything of Sébastien Corchia or Michaël Chrétien for Le Mans or Nancy respectively?

Trying to whet my whistle in terms of right-backs we could have scouted, and these two seem to stick out as the best bets of players we could attempt to sign in that area. Both are being linked with moves this summer, to clubs I feel we could compete with.

I've had them both on FM in the past naturally, but never seen either play.

Would like us to go for Anthony Ujah.... Think he has the potential to become a class striker. 13 Goals in 12 games this season.

27 in 36 Total. 20 Years old.

Just a few from Norway we should have a look at Markus Henriksen (Rosenborg), Kara (Tromsø) and Anthony Ujah (Lillestrøm). Also like Tarik Elyounoussi (Fredrikstad).

Henriksen is far from good enough. Tarik Elyounoussi need more time in Norway before going out again. Would love us to sign Ujah.

ujah is being heavily linked with Brøndby, i think.

That's right. Would be a strange move in my eyes. He was close to go to Mallorca in January, and after his geat start to this season i would think that bigger clubs are in for him. Does Brøndby have a lot of money these days? Would think that Lillestrøm want £2m - £2,5m.

Why don't we try and get Wickham, and Chamberlain? Both young rated players and as time goes on a move to a top club for each of them seems to becoming more unlikely.

i reckon if we're not gonna splash the cash on a sturridge, which we're quite clearly not, then why not look to bring in someone like whickham for 10m or whatever

fits mike's  bill, high potential for value increase and not outwith our reach....as we have Ba i think i'd rather gamble on him than do nothing

then again he's a big target man type isn't he?  might not fit into the style of play...only an example though, must be plenty more 18 year old prospects around

Why don't we try and get Wickham, and Chamberlain? Both young rated players and as time goes on a move to a top club for each of them seems to becoming more unlikely.

no offence, but you don't really have a chance at chamberlain.

no offence, but you don't really have a chance at chamberlain.

But Wickham and Sturridge are realistic? Can't see us getting near any of them tbh.

Guest magpie99

Realistic or not, I cannot see us getting Connor Wickham as Ashley will not pay out that kind of money for an untried kid. Same goes for Sturridge although he is proven, last season at least, I think if he goes anywhere, it is back to Bolton on loan.

With Best and Ranger lined up to go, we are light on for strikers and my feeling is that despite all the reports of targets in France and Spain, our next signing might be a striker from northern europe somewhere, maybe Holland.

Just a few from Norway we should have a look at Markus Henriksen (Rosenborg), Kara (Tromsø) and Anthony Ujah (Lillestrøm). Also like Tarik Elyounoussi (Fredrikstad).

Kara and Ujah are sexy, but neither would get a wp as far as I know. Elyounoussi isn't good enough and Henriksen is too young to know if he's good enough yet.