Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Seriously, if he scored 10-15 goals a season and did his fair share bullying defenses he'd be a top Premiership striker. If he manages to grab 20+ a season then he'll be bordering on world class.

He'll probably not even be up to former yet, but theres no doubt he has a LOT of potential, calling the lad 'overated' at this stage is absolute madness.

Apparently Scored 8 league goals since the end of january as well, hardly not scoring in the championship.

Seriously, if he scored 10-15 goals a season and did his fair share bullying defenses he'd be a top Premiership striker. If he manages to grab 20+ a season then he'll be bordering on world class.

He'll probably not even be up to former yet, but theres no doubt he has a LOT of potential, calling the lad 'overated' at this stage is absolute madness.

Apparently Scored 8 league goals since the end of january as well, hardly not scoring in the championship.

Aye all his 8 goals have come this year (according to Wiki), shades of Andy Carroll coming to life in the second half of the season.

Got played more under jewell, and we all know how shit a manager keane was/is, if he stays at Ipswich next season they'll see 20 goals out of him easily.

I like his style, I like the fact he's not selfish and isn't one dimensional, like to play for his team and would be perfect to have playing alongside someone with a bit more of a natural finish or a few years ahead of him in development. Think him and sturridge would make a perfect pair for the best part of the next decade.

At £10-15m he's far less of a risk than Carroll at £35m, I also think he'll be a much better all round player than Carroll.

I'd definately go for him, big lad for his age and certainly has something about him. At 18 he would qualify as homegrown if we kept him for 3 years which would prove handy if we're to challenge for Europe in that time. You hear £15 million being quoted but they would accept about £7 or £8million I reckon, they are hardly loaded. As it's been said, lightyears ahead of Carroll at that age, and if we bring in another first team striker or two we would have the luxury of loaning him back to the Championship.

Wickham clearly has potential. He has a little bit of everything; big lad, strong, reasonable technique, good in the air, can finish, nice long throw on him too.

He has the tools to be moulded into a good player, and could be a good investment - but we really need somebody who can come in and score us goals straight away.

Wickham clearly has potential. He has a little bit of everything; big lad, strong, reasonable technique, good in the air, can finish, nice long throw on him too.

He has the tools to be moulded into a good player, and could be a good investment - but we really need somebody who can come in and score us goals straight away.

Exactly. If we were two years down the line having established ourselves as one of the top teams again then it would be a worth while investment. As we are at the moment with our best striker being Leon Best we just can't take this risk especially for £7-8m.

If Wickham will develop as expected, 2 years later he would worth over 18m.

Well yes. We're basically in a position where we won't be able to take him at all due to the setback of relegation damaging our squad so badly and immediate fixes being the main priority.

Really think the local papers aren't being fed much information and are just fumbling together any old s**** to be branded as a 'transfer update'.

Like their 3 day old exclusives pinched from the French media.

Well yes. We're basically in a position where we won't be able to take him at all due to the setback of relegation damaging our squad so badly and immediate fixes being the main priority.

I do think we can strike a balance.  Colo, Jonas, Cabaye, Ben Arfa and hopefully Gervinho are all established players which aren't likely to improve in the future.  Therefore we do have spaces for some youngsters to develop, e.g. Wickham, Vukcic or Abeid.

On the other hand, I don't think we can get Wickham 2 years later because he would join those mega clubs should he develop as expected.  Just like Bale, he wouldn't be playing for Spurs now if they didn't get him when he is 17.

I do think we can strike a balance.  Colo, Jonas, Cabaye, Ben Arfa and hopefully Gervinho are all established players which aren't likely to improve in the future.  Therefore we do have spaces for some youngsters to develop, e.g. Wickham, Vukcic or Abeid.

On the other hand, I don't think we can get Wickham 2 years later because he would join those mega clubs should he develop as expected.  Just like Bale, he wouldn't be playing for Spurs now if they didn't get him when he is 17.

Just don't see us having the money to do it this season. Particularly if the likes of Cabaye, Gameiro, Gervinho, N'Zogbia et all are being targeted plus the defensive holes that need plugging.

I don't think we could get Gameiro, Gervinho and N'Zogbia altogether, very likely just two of them.  Gervinho and N'Zogbia are probably mutually exclusive as we don't need so many wide players (Jonas, Ben Arfa and Ferguson).

In case we couldn't get Gameiro, we should go for Wickham as our backup.  I think you'd agree with this.

Defensive holes need plugging?  I'm not that worried for Enrique's situation.  We either tie him up or use his proceeds to buy M'Bengue.  Simpson is doing fine and no need to be replaced at this moment.

Guest levi914

Bassong also had a very negative effect on the dressing room.

cos u was in the dressing room yes? i just feel he is young and going to get better. up for a cheap price to

Who the f*** is this kid, Ali G?

why you being a fool man? is it cause i is black?

Bassong also had a very negative effect on the dressing room.

cos u was in the dressing room yes? i just feel he is young and going to get better. up for a cheap price to

Who the f*** is this kid, Ali G?

why you being a fool man? is it cause i is black?

Really?

Tbf, I don't think the club can afford to gamble on wickham at this present. We should rather try to go for someone at a lower level or another league if we want a young talent. 10mp is about the same amount as you have to pay for a decent 10 goals a season+ striker theese days.

If we got nzog aswell this window, I would be very pleased with the dealings so far. Scott Dann is a player I think we should look at. Yes they were relegated. But he's young and up and comming. He could be brilliant in a few years time. CB can be a complex position to play, especially with the high line we seem to apply to our game.

For a forward, I would really like us to go for rodelga. But there are players out there like caicedo and rondon. I think with the four new players we've got then its a massive step forwards.

I'm especially afraid of coloccini next season, as I'm certain he won't get a new contract, despite beeing classy, he is overpaid. He's no vidic og nesta in prime, still beeing paid that kind of silly money. He would be getting on in age by that time, he might settle for a lower wage, but who knows?

I think I would take the punt on Wickham, IF we signed one of the French forwards we are linked to I think he is destined to be a very good forward. Like Carroll he has too much power to be ineffective but he seems to have a lot more all round ability.

Haven't seen any of my fellow Norwegians posting this before, so I'll do it: Tom Høgli (Tromsø IL). Right back.

Did a pretty good job at keeping Ronaldo quite yesterday, and he's pretty solid in all the other games I've seen him in.

Guest Chris P

Heard of a mate (i know) who's high up in AIK's Firman boys that we're in talks with AIK over Mohamed Bangura.