Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Sturridge or Doumbia out of those, for me at least. Who else could we be interested in?

Ola Toivonen, Stefan Kiessling, Robert Lewandowski, Nikola Kalinic, Moussa Sow, Papiss Demba Cissé, Modibo Maiga, Didier Ya Konan?

Would cost a fair packet I would imagine.

Guest Roger Kint

Sturridge or Doumbia out of those, for me at least. Who else could we be interested in?

Ola Toivonen, Stefan Kiessling, Robert Lewandowski, Nikola Kalinic, Moussa Sow, Papiss Demba Cissé, Modibo Maiga, Didier Ya Konan?

How is Lewandowski doing in Germany?

I can't see why we aren't going in for Hulk. We should be able to afford one big signing this summer and so far no one else have put their hat in the ring, we might as well see if we can thrash out a deal with Porto.

I can't see why we aren't going in for Hulk. We should be able to afford one big signing this summer and so far no one else have put their hat in the ring, we might as well see if we can thrash out a deal with Porto.

Worth a shot, he did a great job on FM for me :D

He'd cost mega money, surely?

And?, we have £35m from the Carroll sale and surely we had money lined up for this summer before Carroll had left. He's worth trying for, if he doesn't want to come or it will cost us too much then just knock it on the head, he's got to be worth a try though.

How is Lewandowski doing in Germany?

He usually started on the bench as Dortmund prefered having Barrios up top in their 4-5-1 formation. In total he made 33 appearances (15 starts) and scored 8 goals, a goal every 200 minutes. He needs to improve his finishing and add some muscle over the summer but overall he had a decent season and scored some important goals. He´s also very good at holding up the ball and makes some neat passes, important abilities to have in Dortmund´s style of play.

On the international front he´s played quite well and has scored 7 goals in his last 16 matches.

I wanted us to sign a whole year before he moved to Dortmund but can´t really see him moving anywhere now, Klopp likes him very much and it will be interested to see how Lewandowski performs next year in the champion´s league.

I don't want us putting all our eggs into one basket. We've tried that before.

So what would you rather, us buy 3 lower Premiership/Championship type forwards other than buy one highly rated forward who has recently won a domestic title, domestic trophy (in the country he plays in) and a European trophy and is on the verge of the Brazil squad?

Aye, because there's no middle ground between a £25m+ valued striker and Championship standard players. Clueless. :lol:

Gameiro is exactly the type we should be targeting in terms of ability and valuation. Shame he doesn't want to be here.

http://www.skybet.com/betting/football/transfer-specials/t10003041.html

A few interesting ones there, for example we're 6/4 favourites to sign Berbatov and Liverpool are favourites (evens) to sign N'Zogbia while we're 2/1.  We're also favourites to sign Ba and that man Carlton Cole.

If you have a read through then much of it seems to be based on the well-known transfer tittle tattle though tbh, plus a leaning towards teams that are known to have a few quid in their pocket and / or have gaping holes in certain positions.  Bit like the tabloid press really.

And?, we have £35m from the Carroll sale and surely we had money lined up for this summer before Carroll had left. He's worth trying for, if he doesn't want to come or it will cost us too much then just knock it on the head, he's got to be worth a try though.

We won't spend £35m.

We won't spend £35m.

No well spend 50m

He's just had his best season for Porto, his first one not playing as number as 9 too but playing out wide, so in essence you're wanting us to spend £35m on a right sided forward or spending that money and playing him not in his best position and thats before the whole issue of him probably having absolutely no desire to move here or the fact he's just signed a new deal with Porto taking more control of his rights (€13.5 million they paid) and him having a €100m buyout. I'm guessing he doesn't speak English either nor does he have experience of playing in a physical pacy league but at least we have no Portuguese speakers in the squad to help him settle in. Aside from that aye let's buy him.

http://www.skybet.com/betting/football/transfer-specials/t10003041.html

A few interesting ones there, for example we're 6/4 favourites to sign Berbatov and Liverpool are favourites (evens) to sign N'Zogbia while we're 2/1.  We're also favourites to sign Ba and that man Carlton Cole.

If you have a read through then much of it seems to be based on the well-known transfer tittle tattle though tbh, plus a leaning towards teams that are known to have a few quid in their pocket and / or have gaping holes in certain positions.  Bit like the tabloid press really.

Those betting markets tell you nothing apart from which teams fans have lumped a bit of cash on at the bookies. Usually based on what someone said on twitter or a message board.

Caughtoffside.com is probably a better source.

Antoine Griezmann from Real Sociedad, anyone seen him play much?

20 years old

Yeah. Like him a lot.

Got a contract until 2015 recently right?

Would make him expensive

Aye. Sociedad are a big club too, so they have some power when it comes to selling players I'd imagine.

Anyone watched PSV much last season ? This guy "Balázs Dzsudzsák" is suppose to be a hot property and  would assume much cheaper than any of our attacking midfielder targets we are after. Apparently one of the top Eredivisie players last season. His YouTube compilations are not bad either but who's aren't  :razz: