Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Bendtner is one of the worst players I have ever seen

Do you only watch Arsenal games against the top 4?

nope, I think he's awful irrespective of opponent. I've seen himplay many a time and it's got tithe stage where I laugh at him because he's that bad. I would cry if we had him and Shola up front, possibly the most horrendous frontline in history. The fact he has an outrageously high opinion of himself and is on £52k/wk only serves to make me hate him more.

He's awful, awful, awful. Do not sign at all costs

Bendtner season before last:

26 starts

14 goals

4 assists

Bendtner lasts season:

19 starts

12 goals

6 assists

This season:

10 starts

6 goals

3 assists

He has a heck of a lot of subs as well. Not really fair to just put his starts up, and all his goals and assists.

What I don't like about him, besides his shit attitude, is his "messY" style of play. Doesn't seem to have the best ball control. To say the least.

And it's unfair to include sub appearances in these comparisons because they drastically distort statistics.

Bendtner would do very well for a team where he was the figurehead. He does this for Denmark. None of our strikers (or Carroll) could score the goal he scored against Portugal in qualifiying, or the goal he scored against Ipswich just a few weeks ago.

His technique is underrated, his first touch is good, better than most of our team. The problem is his decision making and apparent overconfidence. He'd scored 15 goals a season at minimum for us, though, and that's without factoring in potential improvement with age.

And it's unfair to include sub appearances in these comparisons because they drastically distort statistics.

You could just do it like they have on the official Arsenal site. When he's got that many subs, they really are integral in his stats.

You could just do it like they have on the official Arsenal site. When he's got that many subs, they really are integral in his stats.

But I'm saying it's unfair to judge a player who has been limited to so many substitute appearances and hasn't even got near their peak. His record when starting is good, he scores against good teams in big games, he is good on the floor and in the air. He is a good player who would massively improve our forward line.

But I'm saying it's unfair to judge a player who has been limited to so many substitute appearances and hasn't even got near their peak. His record when starting is good, he scores against good teams in big games, he is good on the floor and in the air. He is a good player who would massively improve our forward line.

I'd say he's played enough to be judged. And - there's a reason for him not being a certain starter.

He is a decent player, but he would be expensive, and won't lower his wages.

If we want another CB to partner Coloccini, we could do a lot worse than signing Douglas of FC Twente.

He's highly rated over there and the signing of Tiote from Twente suggests we're aware of him. Could certainly be the next 'cracker' by Graham Carr.  :thup:

Would also take Bendtner.

We need someone with pace, power and direction up front....

Ricardo Fuller fits the bill.

He's thirty bloody one. He's only play for us two years max.

He is top quality tho.

Agreed he is good but at that age and the price that Stoke would sell him for just wouldn't be worth it.

Giannis Fetfatzidis.

Hopefully got him all scouted.

I take it his goal was good, then?

Haven't seen the actual goal. Looked him up because of him being on the scoring sheet though. Reminds me a bit of Hazard tbh.

He is top quality tho.

Agreed he is good but at that age and the price that Stoke would sell him for just wouldn't be worth it.

I dunno, i reckon 10 million might break them.