Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

how about Obinna? He's on loan at West Ham, been decent lately

Autoresponse enabled.

Fyp.

Is Obinna one of the players you would like to see join us by the end of summer?

Yes. He's a free agent in the summer, and a good player.

No he is not. He is not a free agent until summer 2012 ffs.

Autoresponse enabled.

Fyp.

Is Obinna one of the players you would like to see join us by the end of summer?

Really? Saw somewhere that his contract with Inter stopped this summer but must have been wrong then, sorry.

Autoresponse enabled.

Fyp.

Really? Saw somewhere that his contract with Inter stopped this summer but must have been wrong then, sorry.

His loan deal ends in the summer, not his proper deal.

Autoresponse enabled.

Fyp.

Yeah i know but someone told me that both ran out this summer :S

Autoresponse enabled.

Fyp.

Yeah i know but someone told me that both ran out this summer :S

Why in the name of everything that's logical would a club loan out a player for the same time that's left on its contract? Why not just give the fucker away then, or terminate its contract. It makes no sense.

Why in the name of everything that's logical would a club loan out a player for the same time that's left on its contract? Why not just give the fucker away then, or terminate its contract. It makes no sense.

Inter are currently doing this with Nelson Rivas. So ha.

Why did he sign a loan deal with Dnipro with them having the option to "purchase" the player? Surely he'd just sign a pre-deal with them in that case?

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=35717&L=en

(Not saying you're wrong, mind. Just seemed weird how Inter has phrased it is all.)

Anyway. Back to Obinna. Inter spent all summer trying to find suiters for Obinna, Rivas, Mancini, Burdisso, Muntari. It happens all the time that they are burdened with bad rubbish which can't be disposed of, in the end they were all either loaned out, released or basically given away.

It speaks volumes that nobody wanted to touch Obinna with a bargepole except for West Ham. He's a desperately frustrating player, some inconsistent talent but not nearly good enough encorporate into a functional side.

Is that not the situation with Carew as well?

They do it to save wages. They don't get a fee, but say they save £500k on wages for a year before he goes then it's worth it, particularly if he's not really going to play.

They wouldn't be paying wages if they let them go, although would it cost them to terminate with only 6 months left?

For the record i'm convinced we have Elmander lined up for the summer. This transfer story has been brewing for months (since the summer i believe). It would not suprise me if we ended up with Larsson on a free too.