Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

£15m for Samba, did I read that right?  :lol:

Samba and Hangeland (especially Hangeland) are top class, but to pay double figures for either at their ages would be madness, if we were Arsenal fair enough, though still Samba could have been had for £7m when he handed in his transfer request last month.

We need two very good strikers that compliment each other, targetman and fast striker imo, give us real options and threat up front. Whatever is left over spend on backing up RB & LB (already suggested N. Clyne earlier in the thread)

We've a lot of shite to get rid of; Perch, Raylor, Campbell, Smith, Best, Xisco, Lovenkrands & Ameobi, with them off the books we could really transform the squad, with them on the books we can't move around as nearly as much as we like and will be held back by splitting the Carroll money due to wages.

Assuming we stay in the Premier League, I reckon our transfer budget will be somewhere around £20m with £15m to cover wages a larger squad would require.

If the Jonas to Lazio stories are particularly true then I'd take it, and move the FM transfer budget slider so we have maybe £30m and £15m wages. See if some idiot will take Smith and Xisco and release Campbell

Like the sound of Marveaux and Larsson on frees. If Ireland performs he is welcome at up to £3m, otherwise he is surplus to requirements.

I'd be prepared to pay up to £15m for Chris Samba or alternatively £10m for Brede Hangeland. See if we can find some sort of cheapo second striker and a full back same way we got Tiote If not, David N'Gog. Aaron Ramsey on loan.

All that is left should go on another striker but I don't know who.

:lol:

Michael don't think your one to criticise anybody you were saying when we were 4-0 down to arsenal that Enrique is shit and that he's be going in the summer. Right....

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Assuming we stay in the Premier League, I reckon our transfer budget will be somewhere around £20m with £15m to cover wages a larger squad would require.

If the Jonas to Lazio stories are particularly true then I'd take it, and move the FM transfer budget slider so we have maybe £30m and £15m wages. See if some idiot will take Smith and Xisco and release Campbell

Like the sound of Marveaux and Larsson on frees. If Ireland performs he is welcome at up to £3m, otherwise he is surplus to requirements.

I'd be prepared to pay up to £15m for Chris Samba or alternatively £10m for Brede Hangeland. See if we can find some sort of cheapo second striker and a full back same way we got Tiote If not, David N'Gog. Aaron Ramsey on loan.

Michael don't think your one to criticise anybody you were saying when we were 4-0 down to arsenal that Enrique is shit and that he's be going in the summer. Right....

I said Enrique was shit in that first half, which he was. You can go and find many more examples of me praising the fuck out of  the man.

The manner we went 4-0 down in that first half, was very worrying,  and many others shared that view.

Don't even know why I'm responding to you, man. :lol:

Michael, I don't think you're one to criticise anybody as you were saying when we were 4-0 down to Arsenal that Enrique was shit and that he'd be going in the summer. Right...

Michael don't think your one to criticise anybody you were saying when we were 4-0 down to arsenal that Enrique is s*** and that he's be going in the summer. Right....

I said Enrique was s*** in that first half, which he was. You can go and find many more examples of me praising the f*** out of  the man.

The manner we went 4-0 down in that first half, was worrying, and many others shared that view.

Erm no Michael thats no what you said. What you said was (and I quote)

He has looked disinterested by his usual standards for quite a while actually. I'm fairly sure he's gone in the summer

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?action=profile;u=9527;sa=showPosts;start=60

I said Enrique was shit in that first half, which he was. You can go and find many more examples of me praising the fuck out of  the man.

The manner we went 4-0 down in that first half, was worrying, and many others shared that view.

At least you didn't make a spirit thread, ramble like a clown, then delete it through sheer embarrassment.  :lol:

Michael don't think your one to criticise anybody you were saying when we were 4-0 down to arsenal that Enrique is s*** and that he's be going in the summer. Right....

I said Enrique was s*** in that first half, which he was. You can go and find many more examples of me praising the f*** out of  the man.

At least you didn't make a spirit thread, ramble like a clown, then delete it through sheer embarrassment.  :lol:

What are you talking about spirit thread?

What are you talking about spirit thread?

Back in your box, not everything revolves around you!  :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Erm no Michael thats no what you said. What you said was (and I quote)

He has looked disinterested by his usual standards for quite a while actually. I'm fairly sure he's gone in the summer

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?action=profile;u=9527;sa=showPosts;start=60

There's really no point me even making an answer for that.

This is our chance to sign some quality young players with the money we have. Looking abroad would be my preference for moneys worth.

Reckon there'll be hardly anyone available from current Premier League squads that would improve us dramatically. Praying that Pardew isn't a dick with transfers.

how about Obinna? He's on loan at West Ham, been decent lately

Autoresponse enabled.

Fyp.

Stupid.

Is Obinna one of the players you would like to see join us by the end of summer?

Yep, if he is out of contract as I think has been stated somewhere.

We would need to ship a few players out but he is young and quick, causes a few problems even if he isn't brilliant.

Would be a decent cheap option (again IF he is free) and would allow us to spend more money elsewhere.

Autoresponse enabled.

Fyp.

Stupid.

Is Obinna one of the players you would like to see join us by the end of summer?

Yep, if he is out of contract as I think has been stated somewhere.

We would need to ship a few players out but he is young and quick, causes a few problems even if he isn't brilliant.

Would be a decent cheap option (again IF he is free) and would allow us to spend more money elsewhere.

IIRC he has only been mentioned as out of contract as he on a season loan.

Yeah I thought that but then I am sure someone said his loan ends but he was also out of contract (which would be a bit silly of Inter but there you go).

Anyway, I would take him on a free. If not it depends on the price.

Been through too many transfer windows with "nah wouldn't take him" "fuck that, not good enough" "Him! :lol: " to be left with Ireland on loan and Kuqi :lol:

My expectations have been lowered ;) and someone like Obinna would be an upgrade on a lot of our current attacking players from what I have seen of him.

Autoresponse enabled.

Fyp.

Yes. He's a free agent in the summer, and a good player.