Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

It is very easy to pick out all of these foreign players and expect them to slot in and do perfectly but I think we should be careful as we have paid in the past for making that mistake.

We should be looking to get Gervinho or Gameiro not both, and fill out the other gaps with either proven premier league talent, or some squad places with younger unproven foreign players.

Yeah, because and Tiote and Ben Arfa equated to one too many.

Ben Arfa doesn't count and is still unproven, we have to consider him as a new signing for next season.

Therefore Ben Arfa, Gervinho and Gameiro would be one too many in my opinion.

Ben Arfa doesn't count and is still unproven, we have to consider him as a new signing for next season.

Utter pigshit.

It is very easy to pick out all of these foreign players and expect them to slot in and do perfectly but I think we should be careful as we have paid in the past for making that mistake.

We should be looking to get Gervinho or Gameiro not both, and fill out the other gaps with either proven premier league talent, or some squad places with younger unproven foreign players.

What a steaming pile of shite you talk.

Utter pigshit.

He has played two full games for us.

He proved enough for us to buy him at a low price, but he hasn't done enough to show that he has settled into this team. Change too many players too quickly and we suffer.

You were the person who said we were going to get relegated with this group of lads if we didn't sign a load of players. I told you not to underestimate what could be done on team spirit. Who turned out to be right eh?

I reckon if someone bothered to read all your posts, they'd see loads recommending players that went on to sign for West Ham. Look what happenned there.

Yet you don't seem to have learned from the last five years. Build a team. Don't expect tgo force a load of good foreign players from other leagues together as it just won't work

Could you let me know what proven premier league talent is going to come to us that will help us kick on?

You were the person who said we were going to get relegated with this group of lads if we didn't sign a load of players. I told you not to underestimate what could be done on team spirit. Who turned out to be right eh?

I reckon if someone bothered to read all your posts, they'd see loads recommending players that went on to sign for West Ham. Look what happenned there.

Yet you don't seem to have learned from the last five years. Build a team. Don't expect tgo force a load of good foreign players from other leagues together as it just won't work

Who turned out to be right? I don't know, maybe we'd have done even better had we actually bought some players rather than stick with the frankly embarrassing depth we have at the moment.

I never recommended a single player that West Ham have signed. What are you going on about? Infact I was strongly against the signing of players like Keane.

Bent - £24m

Milner - £27m

Carroll - £35m

Torres - £50m

Gameiro/Gervinho - £12m

Bent - £24m

Milner - £27m

Carroll - £35m

Torres - £50m

Gameiro/Gervinho - £12m

Not that I'm agreeing with James here, but it's a bit unfair to name the really expensive transfers to put alongside Gameiro/Gervinho :lol:

You seem to forget that having really good players, foreign or not, and having team spirit are not mutually exclusive. As long as we're careful about which players we bring in and don't just buy any old player without proper scouting and getting a good price etc, we can easily have both.

You seem to forget that having really good players, foreign or not, and having team spirit are not mutually exclusive. As long as we're careful about which players we bring in and don't just buy any old player without proper scouting and getting a good price etc, we can easily have both.

I'm not really just thinking team spirit, more just about gelling in and adapting to the Premier League. Sign too many first team players who haven't played in the Premier League before and I think we'd have problems.

That is why for example we should be looking at signing Samba or Hangeland for central defence, or why we should have signed Sturridge permanently when we held all off the cards with Carroll.

Lukas Podolski anyone? I know a massive long shot, but this is a guy who went back to play for Cologne so he could get playing back regularly. Scored a few peaches this season aswell.

No, he went back to Köln because he loves the city, the club and the fans. No chance imo

Lukas Podolski anyone? I know a massive long shot, but this is a guy who went back to play for Cologne so he could get playing back regularly. Scored a few peaches this season aswell.

Always liked Podolski. Disappointed by his statistics these latest seasons though. What position does he play these days?

No, he went back to Köln because he loves the city, the club and the fans. No chance imo

Even then he can barely get motivated to perform for his hometown club, hardly gonna start tearing things up at NUFC.

Huntelaar: 12 mill pound

gameiro: 12 mill pounds

gevinho: 10 mill pounds

taiwo: 8 mill pounds

Harper

Simpson  willo.  Collo.  Taiwo

Tiote

Barton.  Gutierrez

Gevinho                        Ben arfa

Huntelaar

Guest Roger Kint

You'd pay £8m for someone who's available for free? Wow. Souness or what.

Playing Jonas in the middle instead of £12m Gamiero as well?