Which French winger is the best, at their best ?

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

There's no one like Ginola out there in our league. No one would really get away with being the type of player he was. When Jonas first came here he played a lot like Ginola with class first touches, and really direct, purposeful runs, but once Keegan went all that's been left in Jonas is the ability to take people on. Ginola had that, but his crossing with both his left and his right was beautiful.

How can you know nasri is better than ginola without knowing ginola ?

I know Ginola, but not as well as I know little Nasri. It is a familiarity issue. Old videos and memories from early youth are no substitute for the experience of watching this young man develop into a top player, leave for the British Isles, and become one of the world's best.

As someone who's seen all of them for Newcastle, Ginola was streets ahead of the others. On his day, he was absolutely out of this world. Only genuinely 2-footed player I've seen, used to take corners with his left and right feet. Pretty impressive when you're still a club's best corner taker with your weaker foot.

Guest firetotheworks

How can you know nasri is better than ginola without knowing ginola ?

I know Ginola, but not as well as I know little Nasri. It is a familiarity issue. Old videos and memories from early youth are no substitute for the experience of watching this young man develop into a top player, leave for the British Isles, and become one of the world's best.

Having seen both, Ginola was better. He played at the top level with us for a season, and then was incredible at Spurs. He won PFA player of the year in the year that Man United won the treble, so he was a bit better than Nasri has been...so far. I wouldn't put it past Nasri to surpass him, mind.

Streets ahead my left nut. Robert is criminally underrated by a certain breed of NUFC fans.

The problem with Robert was his stability. On his day he alone could win the game for us. But when he had a day off, nobody was worse either. All around I prefer players that delivers more consistently.. Ginola was absolutely fantastic, and I will never forgive Daglish for selling him. But Ben Arfa has something magical. His touch is just so fantastic, ditto his acceleration. Unlike Bale who has problems when the defense is organized, HBA has no problems taking on one or two players. It's when he goes after the third and the fourth that he runs into problems. From what I've seen on youtube his fondness for the ball is his main problem. If he learns when he should pass and when to dribble I honestly believe that he got the potential of Messi.

If he learns when he should pass and when to dribble I honestly believe that he got the potential of Messi.

:lol:

I'll have a pint of what you're drinking.

He he. But seriously, HBA can be that good. His feinting is very similar to Zidane: He's able to to correct his movements if he sees that the opponent is not falling for the trick he's performing. In other words: He watches the opponent while simultaneously feinting and goes in the opposite direction if the defender is not falling for his faint. Very few players are able to do this. That's why HBA can pass a player using only one or two touches (like Zidane). That's why he can stand completely still, and still mange to surpass his player. He does the opposite of what the opponent RESPONDS to all the time. Ronaldo (that c***) on the other hand is not able to do this. That's why he uses a ton of feints without being able to pass his opponent. He looks too much on the ball: A very good example of this was Real Madrid's away game in this years CL against a French team, where they were very lucky to vin.

Punk, I am confused as to how the game between Olympique Lyonnais and Real Madrid last year has anything to do with Ben Arfa or feints. I just don't understand the reasoning behind what you are saying with that.

He said this years CL, they played Auxerre.

Punk, I am confused as to how the game between Olympique Lyonnais and Real Madrid last year has anything to do with Ben Arfa or feints. I just don't understand the reasoning behind what you are saying with that.

He said this years CL, they played Auxerre.

Thank you. And I mentioned that match to prove that even Ronaldo is not able to feint in the way HBA does and Zidane did.

I can never decide between the two of Robert and Ginola. Ginola had that mystique and extra class about him. It's a shame the way it ended and fizzled out for him with Kenny in charge. Clearly the two weren't fond of each other at all!

HBA is Zidane/Messi hybrid. Cannot wait for his return then  :smitten:

Exactly :)

Ben Arfa is a very good player, but to say he could be as good as arguably the greatest player that's ever played the game is going a bit far.

Stop being a party pooper. We're trying to build some expectations here..

Ben Arfa is a very good player, but to say he could be as good as arguably the greatest player that's ever played the game is going a bit far.

Nobody compared him to Shola though?