Leon Best

Godot

Guest Heneage

He's certainly better than Ameobi, I hope no-one is disputing that :lol:

My mother is better than Ameobi man.

What about Demba Ba? Is he better/worse than your mother?

He's certainly better than Ameobi, I hope no-one is disputing that :lol:

My mother is better than Ameobi man.

What about Demba Ba? Is he better/worse than your mother?

After a spectacularly shit start to his NUFC career i have to concede that Demba ba is better than my mother and is the best centre forward we've had since the 1996/97 version of Alan Shearer.

Sorry but I don't see anything in this guy. Works hard maybe, but he has no technical skills at all. He slows everything up too, how hes ahead of someone like Ben Arfa who is everything he can never be gets me every time!

He's looking about as toothless as he did in the Championship. I like him but he's offering absolutely sweet FA atm.

FAO: Nessy123

(I'd like to see more of HBA and I don't think Best is playing all that well right now - it just looks as though Ba has more time/space when there's Shola or Best alongside him)

I think Best's recent poor form is all down to confidence really. He usually has a decent touch but today he was poor in all aspects (he did have one good moment when he got past the defender on the wing in the second half).

Guess it's the case that if Best goes on a prolonged run without scoring, then he's simply not a confident player.

Due to his poor form, has to be dropped to the bench really.

Best is decent back up, he should never be first choice.

In a nutshell.

Would like him as 4th choice striker, and would keep him and sell Shola if possible.

He'll work hard and put himself about and is always somewhat of a threat to grab a goal. Not enough talent to be first choice for a Premiership team though, unfortunately.

I think Best's recent poor form is all down to confidence really. He usually has a decent touch but today he was poor in all aspects (he did have one good moment when he got past the defender on the wing in the second half).

Guess it's the case that if Best goes on a prolonged run without scoring, then he's simply not a confident player.

Due to his poor form, has to be dropped to the bench really.

This really, just looks very affected by confidence.

Today he had a clear chance to shoot and he could barely control it before passing to Obertan when he was offside, really poor. Big contrast to the player who swivelled on the ball with ease to score against Fulham.

IMO Best has over performed for the beginning of the season and now we should be looking to move himself (and Shola) down the pecking order with the arrival of a new striker who is of a closer standard to Ba, as should have been done with in the summer. Best should never be more than a squad player here IMO as his basic abilities just aren't of top level of Prem standard, he is and will continue to be though a good squad member.

Guest neesy111

IMO Best has over performed for the beginning of the season and now we should be looking to move himself (and Shola) down the pecking order with the arrival of a new striker who is of a closer standard to Ba, as should have been done with in the summer. Best should never be more than a squad player here IMO as his basic abilities just aren't of top level of Prem standard, he is and will continue to be though a good squad member.

This.

I said start of season he should be maximum of 3rd choice but ahead of Shola and Lovenkrands.

Just finished watching the Bolton game for the first time. Got to say Leon was downright terrible, worried as hell for ACN if we are relying on him to lead the line. I don't recall one single thing in the game that he did right. How he's keeping HBA out of the starting line up is a mystery to me.

im still a fan of Best,  maybe its just me but don't think he had a bad game yet apart from vs bolton.

yes he hasnt scored but he so good at making that ball stick.  think he change alot of peoples minds when Ba leaves for ACON, 

having someone like  Barfa behind Best will bring the best out of both of them i beleive.

keep the faith,  hope we dont start booing him like we do to obertan,  pointless.