Leon Best

Godot

Nowt against Guthrie and Best, but it's pretty amusing that 3 years after sending us down, Villa are linked with our 3rd or even 4th choice players.

That is bloody hilarious tbf...... Yh i'd like Best and Guthrie to stay but i wont sleep over it as iam certain they can be replaced with superior players.

Guest BooBoo

Always quite liked Best. Can't fault his work rate and he's a habit of scoring important goals for us. Fitness always seems to be an issue, even though he's ripped to the tits.

If he goes, I'll wish him well.

Would probably cost more than £2m to replace him so from our perspective it doesn't make sense to let him go cheaply. If the lad wants to move on so he plays more then I don't think any Newcastle fan would begrudge him that.

He's served his purpose I suppose.

I like Besty and am in no rush to see him gone, but if he does go, his goalscoring record puts him more like 5M than 2M. Loads of strikers with worse records have been transferred for more than that.

Guest optimistic nit

I actually thought he was going to stay, even though he's been injured for half the season, just because he'd make a decent rotation striker especially in the Europa/cup matches.

Which begs the question, are we bringing in a new striker?

if we're only playing one centre forward then we already have ba, cisse and shola, so i would imagine no

I actually thought he was going to stay, even though he's been injured for half the season, just because he'd make a decent rotation striker especially in the Europa/cup matches.

if we're only playing one centre forward then we already have ba, cisse and shola, so i would imagine no

But during African Nations we then only have Shola ... so i can see us signing a 20 year old striker with potential.

But during African Nations we then only have Shola ... so i can see us signing a 20 year old striker with potential.

Forgot that kids name who is on Citys books but is on loan to Feyenoord? Or would he be rather expensive?

Express reckon Celtic want him, for around £2m. Rather keep him for that tbh.

if we get offered a silly price then sell him...but i wouldn´t mind keeping as fourth choice.

1&2 : Cisse & Ba

3    : ?

4    : Best

Guest henrique

Forgot that kids name who is on Citys books but is on loan to Feyenoord? Or would he be rather expensive?

Guidetti, probably not willing to play second fiddle.

I don't think we'll necessarily replace him if he gets sold, imo. I think Pardew's long term tactic is to play with only one up front.... so having Cisse, Ba and Shola in the squad would probably be enough for that.

Think we'll probably buy a player closer to the HBA mould rather than a striker. (i,e, Barnetta, capable of playing on both wings)

Thing is, if (God forbid) anything happened to Papiss, he's the ideal player to come in and get Ba scoring again.

His fitness record isn't good enough for him to be a reliable backup.

Thing is, if (God forbid) anything happened to Papiss, he's the ideal player to come in and get Ba scoring again.

Neither's Marveaux's (his is worse), but how many times have I seen you banging on about him?

Neither's Marveaux's (his is worse), but how many times have I seen you banging on about him?

I'm happy to keep as many players as possible in the summer, the like's of best, guthrie, perch, obertan will all have important roles to play next season with lots of midweek matches and more than likely against inferior opposition to start with and they will be needed to give others a rest.

Best thing we can possibly do is keep as many people as we can and add a couple of more players to add to the quality we already have.

Marveaux has had one injury while here, if he's injured as often as Best is while here then I'll think we'll need to move on.

Marveaux has had one injury while here, if he's injured as often as Best is while here then I'll think we'll need to move on.

I think history quite clearly shows that Marveaux is much more injury prone than Best (or most footballers).

I think history quite clearly shows that Marveaux is much more injury prone than Best (or most footballers).

Has anybody doubted the injury record of Marveaux?  Marveaux has had one injury while here and he's had an operation to clear the cause of that injury.

Guest BooBoo

Marveaux's barely played in two years.

He's a bonus player as far as I'm concerned, certainly not one we should be relying heavily on.