Leon Best

Godot

He's gash man, just we create a s*** load of chances.

This mainly. He just doesnt have the presence or x-factor. The attributes mentioned earlier are fair, he is average to good alround and will chip in while the chances are being created. Dont see much about him that says he can dominate,  create somthing out of nothing and change a game though.

Happy to be wrong about him, he is motivated and hungry to improve and succeed and he is still young. I dont know where he fits in past this summer though. He doesnt offer enough different to be an impact sub and he clearly wont accept being a squad player (which is a good thing).

Guest EastEndGeordie

The thing about Ameobi is that it would be great if we could just loan him out, re-call him whenever we play Sunderland then send him back on loan.

He's playing well at the moment, to the extent that I don't go 'ugh f***s sake' when I see his name on the team sheet. I still do that for Lovenkrands, like.

Whatcha gonna do when Kuqis name comes up?

(not in a Hulk Hogan kind of way, although ripping your shirt up would be understandable)

I'm quite looking forward to watching Kuqi actually. There's something incredibly comical about him being in our team.

As for Best, good on you lad. I never would have thought that he'd score five goals this season, let alone in seven starts. Keep it up :thup:

Can't we call this thread something a bit more positive now that most of the NUFC fans quite like him?

I still don't like him, but as long as he's getting goals than fine.

But people saying he's a good footballer are out of their minds. He's useless under pressure, however he won couple of headers yesterday so maybe there is hope with him after all.

Can't we call this thread something a bit more positive now that most of the NUFC fans quite like him?

I still don't like him, but as long as he's getting goals than fine.

But people saying he's a good footballer are out of their minds. He's useless under pressure, however he won couple of headers yesterday so maybe there is hope with him after all.

He's not all that bad a footballer, he has impressed me with some of his moves which take a lot of confidence to pull off, especially when you've been written off by everybody and anybody. If he could win a few more headers and stay onside!!! Him and lovenkrands are terrible for it

How about if he scores more premiership goals this season than Carroll? it looks very possible at the moment

What has Carroll got 11? He could come close.  :lol: Personally cannot see this good run keep going for that long, though anything is possible this season.

8 premiership games 5 goals? Canny return for any striker.

What was his Championship record for us? 0 in 17 or something?  :lol:

Most of the goals have been against weaker opponents. But hopefully this will give him confidence enough to take on the big teams too..The continuity he now gets on the pitch is very valuable to his development, I hope...

Would be hilarious if he somehow ended up our leading scorer this season.

Hilarious is the first letter.. The lad obviously got potential..A little more concentration from him and we got a very good striker, for peanuts.

Guest JamesyJazz

Would be hilarious if he somehow ended up our leading scorer this season.

Hilarious is the first letter.. The lad obviously got potential..A little more concentration from him and we got a very good striker, for peanuts.

Spot on.

He could be the suprise player of the season for us,double his tally of goals then flog him for 36 million.

To be honest I'm made up for him,we've all wrote him off before he's really had a chance to prove himself with a sustained run in the 1st team.

What I'd love to see is the same commitment AC made to covering back and being another defender during set plays/corners/attacks by the opposition.