Is this now our most mental season ever?

Interpolic
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've only been to 4 matches this season, and tbf I feel a bit fucking short-changed considering some of the games we've been involved in. :lol:

Arsenal at home in league cup (got beat 4-0), Man City at home (beaten after 5 minutes), Birmingham away (called off, but at least I bought some light bulbs from Birmingham Tesco's, been meaning to do that for a while), Fulham away the other night (just canny shit basically).

Next one I'm going to is the re-arranged Birmingham match.  Might bring one of the lightbulbs back cos it's well fucking dim.

The whole season just reads like one epic zig-zag. I mean, 31st Jan-4th Feb is probably the lowest we've been, then boom. Arguably the highest. Mental, mental season. I don't think i've ever been so emotionally unstable when it comes to the club. :lol: Just as i'm about to tie the noose, i've skyrocketed to cloud nine. This fucking club man. :)

The whole season just reads like one epic zig-zag. I mean, 31st Jan-4th Feb is probably the lowest we've been, then boom. Arguably the highest. Mental, mental season. I don't think i've ever been so emotionally unstable when it comes to the club. :lol: Just as i'm about to tie the noose, i've skyrocketed to cloud nine. This fucking club man. :)

Its never dull round here.

Its never dull round here.

That lad really is as ginger as you can possibly get. That sorta shit's from cartoons.

When people ask me why I support this club, aside from my family being from Newcastle, this is why. Its a rollercoaster ride that I'll never get bored of, I can't imagine supporting anyone else. I absolutely love this club.

I can't remember as many absolute highs alongside punishing lows. The highlights being the 6-1, the Ben Arfa strike and win at Everton, the magnificent derby win, Chelsea in the cup, the Arsenal win, the Best hatrick, Colo against Wigan, the Colo goal v Spurs, and todays amazing match. The Tiote goal was about the best moment tbh.

Then the abject early home performances, Bolton, West Brom, the Hughton sacking, deadline day, first half yesterday, the Ben Arfa leg break, Stevenage.

Guest toonarmymia

recruited a number of American lads to the Toon this season after moving to Miami. Their first pub game was the 5-1 against the Mackems (with a number of the inbreds)

imagine this was your first season following NUFC?

how mental is that

Guest firetotheworks

It's definitely the most mental season I've known. I'm nit-picking, but that match wasn't better than the 4-3 though. Obviously more satisfying though.

recruited a number of American lads to the Toon this season after moving to Miami. Their first pub game was the 5-1 against the Mackems (with a number of the inbreds)

how mental is that

I am amazed by the bolded bit above. I rarely run into makems over here. Maybe they don't come out to the west coast, but I have seen a makem supporter watching a game at a pub only ONCE in the last 15 years... and he was there supporting ManU against us in the '99 FA Cup final.  :rolleyes:

Its the contrast between the peaks and troughs which make the season so noteworthy(I don't think 'memorable' is appropriate unless relegation is definitely avoided, and its not over yet..).

There have been some great performances and some awful ones - some great events like the signings of HBA  and Tiote, confirmation of Enrique's class and also that of Coloccini, but these offset by the sale of Carroll and the refusal to add to the squad when it was obviously necessary.

Had the club possessed an ambitious and dedicated owner, we could have been celebrating a Euro place at the end of the season and that WOULD have been special...as it is, the great moments of this season are still in danger of being overshadowed, but it won't be forgotten either way.

The commentator for last nights game said ' You need to have read the Health Warnings to be a fan of this club' after we pulled back to 3-4....and that about sums it up.

The season has been so mad and stressfull that I hid from football yesterday, shopping with the wife. Not because I dont care but because I cracked and wilted.

I salute the 51000 brave souls who were undeterred and am really proud of them.

Definitely the most up and down in regard to results and performances - humping teams one week and getting humped the next as well as inspired performances from the team followed by performances like Fulham and West Brom away.

We generally have a decent or poor season with regards to form with a few 'blips' along the way, but there is no form to this team this year.  We either turn up or we don't, and don't guess at half time which way the match is going as the team may either turn up or go home during those 15 minutes.

Guest toonarmymia

how mental is that

I am amazed by the bolded bit above. I rarely run into makems over here. Maybe they don't come out to the west coast, but I have seen a makem supporter watching a game at a pub only ONCE in the last 15 years... and he was there supporting ManU against us in the '99 FA Cup final.  :rolleyes:

ha, yes. but made the day all the more special