Shefki Kuqi

ponsaelius

Crystal palace fans saying he’s the worst player they’ve ever seen and now he signs for us. This just sums Ashley up.

Crystal Palace fans  :facepalm:

They all wanted him gone when he made some rude gestures to fans after they booed him...he goes on loan and comes back for the next season and it looks like there's no way in hell he's ever gonna play for them. And what happens? He ends up top scorer for them and in the end they try to offer him a new deal which he then turns down.....PLAYED  :pow:

so they are obviously just bitter for missing out on The Sheriff....

Just one question for those who have seen more of him than me: can Kuqi hold the ball up well? While we've had plenty of 6ft + strikers at the club I'm not convinced many of them do that particularly well.

Just one question for those who have seen more of him than me: can Kuqi hold the ball up well? While we've had plenty of 6ft + strikers at the club I'm not convinced many of them do that particularly well.

from what i remember he could but then he didn't know what to do with it...and that was him 4 or 5 years younger.

from what i remember he could but then he didn't know what to do with it...and that was him 4 or 5 years younger.

since my definition of a striker who can hold the ball up is one who can release it well I guess the answer is no. So he's just a set piece nuisance at best it seems.

Ewerthon and Kuqi are different types of strikers. I'm hoping, therefore, that the initial intention was to try and sign both and that we'll be trying again for Ewerthon.

Why would we sign two players when we only have one open spot?

Surely we can budge one of Xisco, Routledge, Forster from our squad ffs.

We registered them, we can't unregister them. At least according to FM. :lol:

But according to FM you can't add free agents to your squad outside of transfer windows? or have I made that up.

You need to have space to be able to add i think, then again i could be making that up :)

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2094341,00.html

"Players in the 25-man squads who go out on loan to Football League clubs may not be replaced. However they may reclaim their place on their return."

Bye bye Ewerthon and Aliadiere.

The negativity on here is ridiculous ad this so soon after the magical comeback. You would think people would be in higher spirits.

Ok he's not going to be banging goals in, but what we needed in the immediate future was someone with a little bit of premiership experience to be on the sub bench. Our main strikers are still gonna be Best & Ranger with Ameobi and HBA joinig the fray later.  That's not too bad as long as we invest wisely the 35M in the summer.

"He's match fit and knows the English game well having been in the country for the best part of ten years. He is ready straight away and that's what we wanted.

"Shefki is a good, honest pro who will give us a strong physical presence from the bench."

Key words being from the bench.