Shefki Kuqi

ponsaelius

• 3 weeks later...

Really hope Shefki bags himself a goal (preferably at SJP) before the end of the season. On every picture I've seen of him, he looks a thoroughly likeable character and it seems as though he's played his part in keeping the morale high amongst 'this group of lads'.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest koenji

I’ve had no row with Tiote

SHEFKI Kuqi has brushed off talk of a training-ground bust-up with Cheick Tiote.

However, he is warning Toon’s Ivorian enforcer he has no chance of a quiet life while United’s flying Finn is still around.

A number of national newspapers picked up the wrong end of the stick when training-ground pictures emerged on Monday showing Kuqi apparently aiming an elbow at Tiote and wrestling with him.

Some even called it a training- ground fight.

Rubbish, the striker says.

Kuqi said: “On Monday I took a phone call from a guy who works for the Sun.

“He used to work for the local paper in Croydon when I played for Palace.

“He said there was a photo going in the paper of Cheick and I.

“He said it was me elbowing Cheick in the face – he just wanted to warn me about it.

“He asked what was the problem with me and him, was I fighting him?

“I just laughed! It was not me fighting him, we were having fun.

“Cheick is a strong lad, I am always playing games with him, pushing him and things like this.

“We say to each other ‘ I will kick you today, I will get you’ – he is that kind of lad.

“On Monday he was very good in training, but when we were lining up for a drill Pete (Lovenkrands) pushed him on one side I pushed him on the other. I told him: ‘It is a Cheick sandwich!’

“It was just a bit of fun, the papers had the wrong idea.”

The striker added: “I love Cheick. He works hard, works for everything and wants to make the most of his chance.”

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/04/24/i-ve-had-no-row-with-tiote-79310-28572778/?

Guest BooBoo

If he's remotely like that cunt McDermott i'd want him as far from our club as possible.

Er excuse me. Nobody in football can quite align the cones on a training pitch like Terry Mac.

Plus he's great in te Changing Room.

If he's remotely like that cunt McDermott i'd want him as far from our club as possible.

Er excuse me. Nobody in football can quite align the cones on a training pitch like Terry Mac.

Plus he's great in te Changing Room.

and will find you the odds on a bet quicker than google.

Guest BooBoo

Why not give some play time to Ranger or Airey but playing this guy?  I cannot understand.

Eh? Kuqi has barely been involved. He got about three minutes yesterday.