Blackburn 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/02/11 - post match reaction from page 26

Dave

Tiote is now one yellow card off a two game suspension!

At least we didn't lose to a late sucker punch after dominating the game. We need a midfielder who is willing to shoot.

On the positive side, we've got a lot of injured players to come back and we are still managing to hold our own in the league.

That game was there to win. Blackburn without a shot on target, and we had a few decent chances.

We played well and better than I'd expected, but it's two points dropped.

On the money there. Pardew should be complimented with our forward looking atttitude to the game but I thought he dallied too long with his changes.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Pardew starting Lovenkrands and bringing on Ranger so late were horrifying decisions IMO.

Horrifying? What an overreaction :lol:

Tiote is now one yellow card off a two game suspension!

At least we didn't lose to a late sucker punch after dominating the game. We need a midfielder who is willing to shoot.

On the positive side, we've got a lot of injured players to come back and we are still managing to hold our own in the league.

Only HBA and Shola to come back into the team though. The rest injured are just bench fodder.

Pardew starting Lovenkrands and bringing on Ranger so late were horrifying decisions IMO.

Don't think starting Loven/benchin Ranger was too horrifying (due to the impact he can have coming off the bench), but he waited way too long to bring Ranger on.

Bit of a buffer starting to develop between us and the bottom four sides. Our superior goal difference is massive. Really should have beaten them today like, Shola can't come back quick enough, but we have twelve games left and a lot of them are against teams in the bottom half. A win on Tuesday would put us a magnificent position.

A very good game by us. Did everything but score. Cannot complain, because we've lost six matches in a row against Burn. Tiote, Williamson, Enrique and Barton was good today. Tiote mom in my opinion. He owned the midfield. Our attackers need to be more on the alert though. Some of the crossers by Enrique should have been expedited. And Jonas' crossers need more improvement. He had tons of wasted opportunities today.Should have done better.

Expected a loss so chuffed :) from what I heard on the radio the lads played well and just a lack of quality finishers in the final third let us down really. We ain't doing too bad when you think about it, we are a newely promoted side playing with(IMO) a seriously under strength squad but we still sit pretty in the league.

Don't get me wrong we ain't safe yet but we are plodding along.

Jonas 6 :lol:

Pathetic.

He has a good game today.

He did nowt man.

Utter nonsense.

That's a pisstake if you are being serious Towelie.

Such a worn, tired and lazy stereotype. Our whole team was actually pretty top notch bar Best/Loven.