Blackburn 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/02/11 - post match reaction from page 26

Dave

Guest neesy111

We need to go back to black and white nets btw. BRFC leading the way in net style.

Can't under Big Mike's cost cutting.

More likely to get blue, white and red nets.

No doubt he'll try and fit a sports direct logo style on it.

No! Non all white nets are so bloody annoying.

Everton's piss me off. You can't see them.

Exactly. Had black and white nets during the 05-07 period, they were only half as annoying, but still annoying.

We need to go back to black and white nets btw. BRFC leading the way in net style.

:clap:

No! Non all white nets are so bloody annoying.

Nah Black and white nets like back in the good old days. I'd happily buy them myself if I could mentioned semi-regularly as official net buyer.

Just got back, great day out by all accounts and a decent performance overall. I was slightly intoxicated but from what I can remember we were the better team, no?

I like the idea of coming on the internet to try and find out what kind of day you had :laugh:

:lol:

Just watching MOTD there and yeah we played well like. Enrique was even better than I remembered.

Nice to see most the squad come across at full time and properly thank the fans. I was right up at the top so didn't know how my 'black n white army' persistance throughout the game came across further down/pitch side but great effort by both players and fans alike. It may only be a draw but I'm a proud geordie tonight! Definately shut those Lancastershire wanky wanky wankys up

Guest neesy111

Nice to see most the squad come across at full time and properly thank the fans. I was right up at the top so didn't know how my 'black n white army' persistance throughout the game came across further down/pitch side but great effort by both players and fans alike. It may only be a draw but I'm a proud geordie tonight! Definately shut those Lancastershire wanky wanky wankys up

Hmm, they didn't do that 10 days ago at Fulham.

Not being able to score is goign to cost us dearly in the weeks to come

This - games like this, where we are on top, are a great opportunity to put a gap between the rest of the bottom half and ourselves. It also serves to sicken them if you pull further away. As it is, Wigan will take great heart from their point at Liverpool and W Ham also after coming from 3 down at WBA ; in fact, the latter game could be critical because if WBA had won, they also would have been lifted and now, the Hammers will be thinking they can escape.

I now believe Wolves and WBA will be doomed unless they win their next matches and this leaves one place left....there will be a major scrap to avoid that and unless we can start scoring in crucial games like this, we will be drawn in.

A pity because the side were better than Blackburn and Enrique outstanding esp in the 1st half.

Aye, we obviously can't score. It's not as if we've put in 12 in our last six league matches or anything.

I've heard of lies, damned lies and statistics, but this is ridiculous - how many decent chances have been created an MISSED ? Also, 2 pens in the Arsenal game, so only 10 on 6 games from open play.

Also, how many did we concede playing in those games v Bolton and WBA ? 8, I believe it was.....

You can extract anything you like from any period to prove your point but we are living with reality here..

Tiote scored HOW many before last week ? Its not even his job and he won't get many more...how many will Coloccini get and it was his goal that won us a point against Spurs...?

We have, as the expert alpal has pointed out, now lost Carroll and he has been replaced by a 34 yr old has been....we are looking at where the goals will come from in the NEXT 6 games, not the past.

You had better hope that Best keeps doing it because Ranger and Lovenkrands won't....see yesterday.

Aye, we obviously can't score. It's not as if we've put in 12 in our last six league matches or anything.

I've heard of lies, damned lies and statistics, but this is ridiculous - how many decent chances have been created an MISSED ? Also, 2 pens in the Arsenal game, so only 10 on 6 games from open play.

Also, how many did we concede playing in those games v Bolton and WBA ? 8, I believe it was.....

You can extract anything you like from any period to prove your point but we are living with reality here..

Tiote scored HOW many before last week ? Its not even his job and he won't get many more...how many will Coloccini get and it was his goal that won us a point against Spurs...?

We have, as the expert alpal has pointed out, now lost Carroll and he has been replaced by a 34 yr old has been....we are looking at where the goals will come from in the NEXT 6 games, not the past.

You had better hope that Best keeps doing it because Ranger and Lovenkrands won't....see yesterday.

Needlessly pessimistic view.  We should, and will, take excellent heart from a hard fought point yesterday.  That we played really well and ought to have won makes it even better.  There is no way we are going down.  Not sure if you were there yesterday but the performance was light years away from the capitulation in the corresponding fixture in our relegation season.  We had strikers then.................

Nothing has changed since the beginning of January then.  Carroll has been injured and is still injured and we don`t know when he will be match fit and how many games it will take for him to start scoring. Would have been the same here as his new club. He could have stayed here and got a reocurrence the first or second match back. No one knows. Its pointless even bringing him up. If and when he is back he starts scoring loads for them and we can`t score would be the only time worth talking about it.

I can think of at least 4 games we won before he was sold he never scored in and a few we were already winning before he got a goal late on in that match.

I think we will be fine especially with some better/younger attack minded midfielders to come back.

Nothing has changed since the beginning of January then.  Carroll has been injured and is still injured and we don`t know when he will be match fit and how many games it will take for him to start scoring. Would have been the same here as his new club. He could have stayed here and got a reocurrence the first or second match back. No one knows. Its pointless even bringing him up. If and when he is back he starts scoring loads for them and we can`t score would be the only time worth talking about it.

I can think of at least 4 games we won before he was sold he never scored in and a few we were already winning before he got a goal late on in that match.

I think we will be fine especially with some better/younger attack minded midfielders to come back.

bang on - if we miss Carroll it will be when and if we look to move up a level (YUFA contenders) - this season it looks as if we can manage without him

Statistics and examples are always useful when they agree with your opinion and meaningless if they don't, of course.