How do you see the rest of the season panning out?

In other news, every new morning brings you a day closer to death.

:lol:

It's true though. Just because he doesn't come out with a stupid statement and put [email protected] on the website doesn't mean it's not for sale at present. I'd probably prefer it that way anyway, the surrounding disruption and speculation previously was terrible and we don't need it.

:thup:

I think if January told us anything, it is that in football today EVERYTHING and EVERYONE has a price and that public statements and pieces of paper mean very little when filthy lucre rears it's ugly head.

badly and painfully, with at least one more mega f***-up from Ashley.

I don't think the next mega f***-up will come until the season's over, tbh. It'll be when we've made safety reasonably comfortably in the end, things are looking a bit good, people are starting to wonder if maybe the Ashley Model isn't such a bad thing after all, at which point he'll pull the rug out again. Not sure how he'll do it next, but it won't be til late July IMO. 

This is probably the correct scenario and we all know what it will be...

Great win tonight with the added bonus that Tiote didn't get booked.

Just under 2 weeks rest and then two home games against Bolton and Everton, they'll be tough games but win them and we are laughing.

Not seen the match yet, or heard much beyond 'dull sans Jonas', but great result. That's a bit of form from him I wasn't much expecting. Still lack confidence over our future performances, but every win's a huge win, so I'd rather be in Wednesday 16th than Monday 14th...

we could esaily end up playing a game or two without one, two or even all three  of barton,tiote and nolan.

tiote on 9 yellows, nolan on 8 and barton 6 (according to the prems own site udated today...i was sure he was now on 7 ?)

also tiote's willl be two games as a second suspension...how many woll barton or nolan make should they make 10 yellows ?

Guest EastEndGeordie

TBH as long as we keep playing like we did in the last match (getting an early goal in each half) we should be looking for a top side finish as the minimumn and a place in the Europa League as the max.

On a personal level I would like to see us tear Man Utd a new one as we have against all the other top four teams (withholding of course Man City but we don't have history against them IMO). Put simply I'd love it if we could beat them, absolutley love it :lol:

we could esaily end up playing a game or two without one, two or even all three  of barton,tiote and nolan.

tiote on 9 yellows, nolan on 8 and barton 6 (according to the prems own site udated today...i was sure he was now on 7 ?)

also tiote's willl be two games as a second suspension...how many woll barton or nolan make should they make 10 yellows ?

The only critical one of those is Tiote, thankfully. Maybe Barton seeing as we gave away our only other noted right-winger, but there you go.

Ha, a midfield of         R.Taylor       Ireland        Guthrie       Gutierrez          - quite a thought.

we could esaily end up playing a game or two without one, two or even all three  of barton,tiote and nolan.

The only critical one of those is Tiote, thankfully. Maybe Barton seeing as we gave away our only other noted right-winger, but there you go.

i agree but 2 at once wouldn't be good, all three would see us struggle to fill the bench. wouldn't klike to go in against anyone with jonas,guthrie, ireland, raylor as our midfield. i know it would just be one game if at all and it'ds more likely to be nolan and tiote out together and when (?) we are safe i'd possibly bring ireland in for nolan regardless for a game or two anyway.

Even without those 3, a midfield of Jonas, Ireland, Guthrie, Ben Arfa wouldn't be a disaster. Obviously dependent on Ben Arfa and Ireland being fit, but with the first fixture any suspensions could occur in being 5th March, and for Nolan and Barton (providing no red cards) over a month away, there's every chance we'll have plenty of cover for everyone bar Tiote.

We will finish in the top ten, we will pick up at least 5 points from the next 3 games and we will be considered safe by April. I think once that happens the pressure is off, and naturally I think we will end up being one of those teams who is waiting for the season to end with nothing to play for, but pick up enough point to finish 10th.

I think Barton will sign a new contract, but Enrique will leave for Liverpool Man Utd or City, although Ashley will get a ridiculous fee for him, £20m+. Tiote will stay for at least another season, and Ireland will sign on a 5 year deal.

We will spend the bulk of the Carroll (and other sales) money, but not the full whack, the club line being some of this was allocated to the contracts for Barton and Ireland - the rest will be invested mainly in younger talent - anyone with a potential resale value even if it doesn't work out. Think Wickham. We will get a free or low fee "established" premier league striker (Doyle?), and some of the Carroll cash will allocated to his contract and signing on fee.

I wouldn't be surprised to find another (relatively) unheard of bargain gem like Tiote and Ben Arfa. I'm optimistic that the reluctance to spend in January is that the good under the radar deals like those two just aren't available in January.

Ashley will turn away offers for the club at the £150m mark - the view being that the state the club is now in is far healthier and he wants to recoup the full amount. He will still own the club at the start of the season. He will still be a bit tubby.

Pardew will do a full season as Newcastle manager, being the first to do so in the Premier League since Sir Bobby.

Fan expectations will be high for 2011/2012. Season ticket sales will be high, and there will be a £50K+attendance for the first game of the season.

Alan Smith will still be here. Shola will start the first game of the season in attack.

Please note the above is actual fact, not my opinion.

On the back of a good point at the weekend, last night's performance and result has changed everything for me.

Instead of looking down at how many points the teams at the bottom might get, I'm now looking towards the heady uplands of an upper mid-table finish!

It's all turning out much better than I would have guessed at the beginning of the season.

Right now Pardew seems to be getting the best out of the players and the whole team is playing with confidence.

Bound to be a few more defeats in the run in, but I'm confident there will be some good wins in there as well.

Pardew will do a full season as Newcastle manager, being the first to do so in the Premier League since Sir Bobby.

Didn't know that.

I haven't checked it to be honest but I think that's right. Roeder might have got close but I think he left in 2007 before the last game. Might be wrong though.

Souness was five games into a season, until the middle-ish of the next season.

Roeder was like a few games of one season, and until the second last game of the next season.

Allardyce was half a season-ish.

Keegan was a few games of one season and a couple of the next.

I'm not even going to explain the relegation season - something like Keegan, Hughton, Kinnear, Hughton, Shearer :lol:

Souness was five games into a season, until the middle-ish of the next season.

Roeder was like a few games of one season, and until the second last game of the next season.

Allardyce was half a season-ish.

Keegan was a few games of one season and a couple of the next.

I'm not even going to explain the relegation season - something like Keegan, Hughton, Kinnear, Hughton, Shearer :lol:

So if Pardew makes it through a full season, he will truly be mixing with the managerial Gods? That is mental. :lol:

this fabled team spirit of ours. Successive traumas might have you thinking that by rights it ought to crack but it keeps reasserting it's own existence, its depth and strength, by persevering, which is almost exactly what it ought to do if it really exists. Good team spirits are only exposed in adversity, not success. Which is great. Still, team spirit and club harmony aren't one and the same, so if the aims of the club's government and its team's members diverge, problems could arise. Thankfully for our results this season, that didn't occur at the times it was most likely to, following Hughton and Carroll's departures (unless, as has been proven to always be possible with Ashley, some other even more special kind of atomic shitbomb gets dropped).

So shy of management actively working to turn them against each other, that ought to be safe. And it's nice to think that the closer we get to the relegation zone, the harder that spirit drum will bang.

Hmm. Spoke to soon?

At this early stage I've been quite spectacularly wrong so far.

this fabled team spirit of ours. Successive traumas might have you thinking that by rights it ought to crack but it keeps reasserting it's own existence, its depth and strength, by persevering, which is almost exactly what it ought to do if it really exists. Good team spirits are only exposed in adversity, not success. Which is great. Still, team spirit and club harmony aren't one and the same, so if the aims of the club's government and its team's members diverge, problems could arise. Thankfully for our results this season, that didn't occur at the times it was most likely to, following Hughton and Carroll's departures (unless, as has been proven to always be possible with Ashley, some other even more special kind of atomic shitbomb gets dropped).

So shy of management actively working to turn them against each other, that ought to be safe. And it's nice to think that the closer we get to the relegation zone, the harder that spirit drum will bang.

Hmm. Spoke to soon?

At this early stage I've been quite spectacularly wrong so far.

Some quotes in a paper, from an interview with no context, take immediate precedence over every recent manager or player interview, and more importantly what we have seen with our own eyes on the pitch?

The negativity perpetuated on this board is something else.

No, I also predicted a defeat against Birmingham, no goals, and (light-heartedly) that Enrique would be prepared to sign a contract come the Summer. Instead I got a 90 second lead, a 2-0 victory, Jonas Gutierrez remembering how to menace a defence and these disruptive quotes which suggest he's off, hence the latter comment. In other words, chill out...

No, I also predicted a defeat against Birmingham and (light-heartedly) that Enrique would be prepared to sign a contract come the Summer, hence the latter comment.

Sorry, misread your post, particularly this bit - "so if the aims of the club's government and its team's members diverge, problems could arise".

Hopefully that's not what we're seeing. Tthe lads out on the pitch still look to be working for each other, fingers crossed both they and Enrique keep it up until the end of the season. :thup:

Nearly as negative as assuring the club would have ceased to exist without super Mike Ashley and that every other club is on the verge of financial ruin.

That would be pretty damn positive for the club though tbf. O0

/not that I have gone as far to claim either suggestion mind. At least not while sober.