Birmingham City 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 15/02/11 - post match reaction from p25

Dave

I wouldn't even give those comments the time of day on here.

Send a link to Louise Taylor at best, that'll make her head explode that its against us.

Newcastle midfielders Joey Barton and his Hitler salutes FORCE rival fans into racism.

Fuck me, that last comment :kasper:

I'd have thought Small Heath and surrounding areas would be the last place to be spouting that vile tripe.

I did wonder how he copes living in Birmingham with an attitude like that.

Knowing how thick some of them Brummies are,it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he wasn't African-Carribbean himself.

The View from the TinShed Away End:

8 - Harper: solid game, made a few good saves, one in the first and a couple in the second. Distribution seemed decent, bar the wayward throw to Jonas towards the end.

8 - Simpson: really enjoyed his performance tonight, got forward to help Barton, put his head on EVERYTHING that came his way, feel surprisingly reassured with him at RB :thup:

7 - Williamson: solid, felt a bit nervous when he had his hands all ower Zigic whenever they challenged for the ball, was a bit wayward with his passing despite not being under pressure. Seems to have recovered fully from his mid-season dip in form

8 - Colocinni: superb again, tackles, marks, covers, passes, gets forward...has curly hair too! what more can you want from your marquee centre back?

8 - Enrique: runs Tiote close for MOTM, another barnstorming performance at the back, had a couple of chances to score and went on a Giggs-esque dribble in the first half that almost put him through on goal

7 - Barton: effective, superb time-wasting at the end, loved his link up play with the rest of the team at times. Hopefully this is now his 'standard' performance, it's very, very good.

7 - Nolan: kept the ball well (Tooj? ??? ) and put in some good challenges/blocks at the back, got forward a couple of times but didn't seem to find his natural 'zones' to pick up on the half-chances. Cheap yellow.

9 - Tiote: all over the place, unstoppable. Fantastic.

8 - Guttierez: spidermag had one of his most effective games of the season, brilliant cross for Best's goal, linked up well with the left hand side (as always) but what was pleasing to see was his cross-field passes to Barton/Simpson, often at times when they were in acres of space as another opponent had gone to help double mark Jonas on the ball :thup:

7 - Lovenkrands: he scored.

8 - Best: scored a great header, after almost perfecting the art in the first half from a very similar chance, worked hard up front on his own until Ranger came on (:rolleyes:)

Subs:

7 - Ranger: battled reasonably well, got nowt from the ref, could have put Guthrie through but decided to earn the free-kick.

7 - Guthrie: got involved as much as he could for a midfielder being asked to help crowd the midfield and stifle their chances.

n/a - Campbell: did we actually go 5-4-1 (with 2 'wing-backs') when he came on? Sure looked like it.

Manager:

8 - Pardew: got his team selection justified in the opening minute, went for the running the clock down option once 2-0 up which was wise, given our injury situation and the state of the game at the time.

Ref:

6 - Nothing horrendous but didn't clamp down on the frustrations of the Birmingham team towards the end.

Their Fans:

1 - Turgid. Dross. Shit.

Our Fans:

8 - Had something to cheer about, heard the "Just Can't Get Enough" ditty about Nolan and the mackems which was funny. Some semi-amusing Foster interaction, stemmed from him reacting badly towards the away fans after mis-kicking the ball. Oops.

re: Campbell yes we did. Slotted inbetween Colo and Williamson, pushing Simpson and Enrique further forward. Barton, Guthrie and Tiote the midfield, Nolan just infront of them and Ranger up top alone.

Every national press report of this match keeps saying "It was Newcastle's first victory without Carroll". Their fact checking is awful. It may be our first win since Carroll was sold but he's been injured all this year and we've been winning while he was out injured.

just ambiguousness in the title tbh in order to hook the ignorant/ill-informed

they'll be well aware of the fact that carroll has been dead since mid december

Birmingham remind me a little of us in 08/09.  Presumably overpaid players under performing.  They're 14th, but only 3 points from 18th (although they've played a game less).  Wouldn't be surprised to see them fall into the relegation fight, especially if Villa, Blackpool and WBA under Hodgson put a few results together.

I don't reckon they will go down. I've seen them in 3 games this season: tonight and against Villa and Man City. they more than gave man city a game, and beat villa. They were poor today, but in general at home they do what they do well enough-  physical football playing crosses into Zigic and will scrape enough wins against lower placed teams in order to stay up.

Just think... if we hadn't lost the 4 points with the last minute equalisers recently, we would be above Liverpool in... 6th!  :kasper:

But performances recently have been excellent, bar Fulham. 35 points is a decent points tally at this stage, but if you think about it, we haven't gotten many points that we haven't deserved, or smash and grab raids or through plucky hanging on desperate performances (except probably the one point against Arsenal - but it was deserved with our comeback to be fair)...

It is hugely impressive and shows that we are certainly a decent PL side and belong here. If anything we've been unlucky and our points tally should be higher.

some brummie views on the match:

Have to say i've been mightily impressed with Newcastle.

They know exactly how to work the ref and run the clock down.

From the 6 or 7 mystery head injuries in the first half; Nile Ranger standing infront of free kicks, blocking them, then running off carrying the ball.

Every throw in taken 3 mins. Lots of diving and feigning injury.

You need to be winning in order for it to work, but luckily for them they got an early goal.

An expert performance in unscrupulously squeezing out the win and sucking the life out of a game.

Let's hope they go bankrupt.

Beaten by the better team. They kept the ball, played with width and looked dangerous all night.

I'd swap Ferguson for Barton without hesitation. Apart from him though, they have very average players but somehow seem to get the best from them. I'd have to give credit to Pardew for how he's got them playing. His tactics tonight were spot on.

Excellent away display. Took their chances and then killed the game off expertly. Had we done that in an away game somewhere we'd be raving about it.

I'm a little concerned that we made Leon Best look like a world beater though.

and, errr, Tiote:

Class.

Very very good player.

Tiote was brilliant. He looks a fairly complete midfielder. A bit like Lassana Diarra but he has a better shot.

:snod:

he would be 10 times better if he wasnt a black fecking diving bastard.

He ran the midfield and claimed every 2nd ball just dived the cu.nt

Never said anything bad about being black racist would have been.

Black cu.nt of a ni.gger diving bastard.

I just stated his race to save confusion from barton

:yikes:

link to the forum? Was looking for a brum forum earlier

Guest Heneage

I can't say I'm shocked by their racism they hardly looked a highly evolved bunch when I went down there. Pathetic really mind you I'd be peeved if one man had just bossed my team's midfield with such relative ease.

The bitterness of that first comment man :lol:

We time time wasted for what, the last five minutes?

Them wasting every opportunity they had with the ball 'timewasting' as well - mental isn't it?

We could have given them the ball completely for the last 10 minutes and still won. They were terrible.

I'm pretty sure had they been winning with 5 minutes of added time then they would have been time wasting as well.

How was their 5 minutes added on the 2nd half in anyway?, the 4 in the first half can be explained away with the head injuries, but not much happened in the 2nd half. Refs have now started taking the piss with injury time since everyone started going about Man Utd getting pretty much a full game added on if they arn't winning. giving stupid amounts of time added on across the whole fixture list shouldn't be how it's sorted, giving fair amounts of added on time when the top 4 arn't winning should be.

Im still miffed as to how they are allowed to play PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALL with that fucking cow field of a pitch. It realy is shocking how one of the top 20 sides in the country cannot maintain a patch of grass for half a fucking season.

I remember a few years ago both Chelsea and Charlton having sand pits, I've seen worse. A few teams in the Premiership have poor pitches, Portsmouth's was fucking horrible and had 2 fucking mountains in front of the goals, Boro's used to turn to shit as well. It's a testament to our ground staff that we usually have a top notch pitch despite the sun having bad access to our pitch.