Never forgotten - Sir Bobby

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

Bobby was, and will always be, my favourite person in football. His lifetime achievement award on the Sports Personality of the Year has the ability to make me smile, laugh and cry.

Bobby was, and will always be, my favourite person in football. His lifetime achievement award on the Sports Personality of the Year has the ability to make me smile, laugh and cry.

This :thup:

That's when i knew how bad i'd feel when he passed away

If you haven't watch the unveiling of the Sir Bobby stand at Portman Road, it's on the tube in HD: "Sir Bobby Robson Stand Unveiling HD - Portman Road - Ipswich v Newcastle."  I cried the first time I saw it...fantastic video

Thanks mate, I'd not seen that before. Favourited!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/grantJUK/bobbyrobsonon3.jpg

Love this picture. The respect.

The Camp Nou... when's that photo from? 2002?

Yeah, the game that was called off due to the rain and then played the next day, Shola scored.

We were at the airport, about to go home, I was with my Dad and he split up with his then partner over the game.

They worked together, she had to go home for a meeting, he had the authority to just sack off his plans for the next 2 days and stay out in Barcelona with me for the match. :)

I was at that game too, although for some reason I had totally forgotten about the rain. Shola looked quite the player that night.

I was only 16 at the time yet night of the rain is possibly still the most drunk I've ever been in life, to this day I do not know how I got back to my hotel.

There was Geordies everywhere that day, must have been 10,000 in Barcelona, I remember the police coming into Plaça Reial and closing all the bars and restaurants.

I was there for the England vs Germany friendly a few days before he died. I think before hand we all knew it was just a matter of time, but when he came out onto the pitch I just said to my mam, "Thats him saying goodbye, such a shame to see such a strong person fall victim to a horrible illness like that". I was enjoying myself during the game, after he came onto the pitch though I just felt really sad and pretty depressed because I knew what was around the corner. When the news of his death broke a few days later I wasn't surprised as from after that game I had been expecting it to happen at anytime.

Anyway their wil never be another one like him, I hope Mourinho (highly unlikely)eventually come and manages us to finish the job that Bobby started.

I was at that game too, although for some reason I had totally forgotten about the rain. Shola looked quite the player that night.

I was only 16 at the time yet night of the rain is possibly still the most drunk I've ever been in life, to this day I do not know how I got back to my hotel.

There was Geordies everywhere that day, must have been 10,000 in Barcelona, I remember the police coming into Plaça Reial and closing all the bars and restaurants.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6341/sbrw.jpg

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6341/sbrw.jpg

Brilliant photo that.   :snod: