Toon Army: North America

Guest toonarmymia

Guest toonarmymia

I've heard it after matches a few times, on coaches/metros/pubs. Fairly recently an all. Anyway, who cares?

Its also the name used for all the various city and countrywide groups around the USA, so as not to associate with using the "Newcastle United" name. ToonArmyUSA ran into trouble a number of years back with the club and using "Newcastle United" as part of website etc

Guest toonarmymia

toonarmymia - do you reckon the match tomorrow will be streamed at all?

good question; the orlando city lads reckon they may do it. if its available, i'll find and post links

Guest toonarmymia

The Orlando City match is definitely streaming on their website, the Kansas match is kind of up in the air at the moment though.

see u in orlando, cubaricho.

• 3 weeks later...

Apart from in the stands. Every match day.

Maybe in the Family Enclosure amongst 5 year olds but most fans I know, hate it.

So, the Toon Army chants are only sung by kids?

Aye, or people who don't actually go. In 1992 yes, Toon Army was chanted and first time i heard it was at Derby. Since that season it hasn't been. Toon Toon Black and white Army has, but not Toon Army as like otter says most fans who actually go to the match hate it.

Anyone from the Maine area? Trying to find somewhere/some way to watch the game on Sunday.

I'm sure somewhere in Portland would have it on.  There is a whole area of town that's like an old shipyard/port where there are lots of bars.