Toon Army: North America

Guest toonarmymia

Anyone from the Maine area? Trying to find somewhere/some way to watch the game on Sunday.

Sunday?

If you're talking about the Sun'lun game, it's available on ESPN3.com streaming free of charge.

Anyone from the Maine area? Trying to find somewhere/some way to watch the game on Sunday.

Sunday?

If you're talking about the Sun'lun game, it's available on ESPN3.com streaming free of charge.

Ah, thought it was Sunday for some reason. I'll be in Connecticut on Saturday then, will try and head across to New York for it.

Warren Barton on the Fox recap show is funny. He loves the derby games especially when Newcastle win.

What an unabashed sh!t eating grin does he have on his face when Newcastle beat Sunderland.

I love how he makes no bones about the fact that he loves Newcastle .... Not a glory hunter or big-4 fan but just loves the toon.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

FoxSoccer.tv was apparently shite at the weekend... I wouldn't know, I was watching the Sunderland game on shitty ESPN3 and then the Arsenal Liverpool game on ESPN2.

Anyway, the end result = they're giving everyone a months free subscription. Woop.

For any toon fans in the St. Louis area, there are a few of us who have been gathering at the Amsterdam Tavern in the grove neighbourhood..  they will be showing the Fulham game (they have Fox Soccer Plus) which starts at 7am.

What does this matter if I already payed in full? They can't really give me a month free if I've already paid for it.

Well I've paid the annual sub too, I assume I just get a month for free at the start of next season.

FoxSoccer.tv was apparently s**** at the weekend... I wouldn't know, I was watching the Sunderland game on shitty ESPN3 and then the Arsenal Liverpool game on ESPN2.

Anyway, the end result = they're giving everyone a months free subscription. Woop.

Got that too. And then it didn't work again on Saturday at 10a.m. I'm pretty sure their issue is traffic related. I watched both the Scunthorpe and Fulham matches with no problem.

What's wrong with ESPN3?

What's the deal with the north american soccer league? Is it completely separate to mls?

Yes.  It's considered Division 2, and the United Soccer Leagues (USL) are considered Division 3.

Last season the USL and NASL had quite a fight about who was D2 and who wasn't so the United States Soccer Federation declared a new league that was called something like USSFD2 and it was the teams from the USL and the NASL all in one league.  It was awesome but a few of the teams ended up folding so the league kind of collapsed in the off-season.

FoxSoccer.tv was apparently s**** at the weekend... I wouldn't know, I was watching the Sunderland game on shitty ESPN3 and then the Arsenal Liverpool game on ESPN2.

Got that too. And then it didn't work again on Saturday at 10a.m. I'm pretty sure their issue is traffic related. I watched both the Scunthorpe and Fulham matches with no problem.

What's wrong with ESPN3?

Aye, didn't work for me on the weekend either. They've got a twitter. It announced they were having troubles. iOS apps still worked though.

Guest Heneage

Bars will be open if you're anywhere interesting.

Wassat mean? :lol:

Maybe I could road trip to Philly and we can 'Hang'  :aww:

Well if you're a hick in the middle of rural farmer New York State, then I can't imagine many bars will be open and playing the Newcastle game.

If you're in a city, I reckon you're golden.

Personally, I'll be discretely streaming the game whilst I pretend to work.

Guest Heneage

Well if you're a hick in the middle of rural farmer New York State, then I can't imagine many bars will be open and playing the Newcastle game.

If you're in a city, I reckon you're golden.

Personally, I'll be discretely streaming the game whilst I pretend to work.

You been to any of these 'Brit themed pubs' I'm being taken to one thought they would definitely do it.

Gunna be either in LA or San Diego for the QPR match, and then Vegas for the Villa match,  any suggestions?

That is a bit vague MW. That is essentially like saying: "I'll be around London and/or Manchester area, any suggestions?"

There will be at least a dozen bars in the LA area showing the game and quite a few in San Diego. Try any brit/irish themed pub in your area.

As for Vegas... I am not sure if that is televised in North America yet.

• 2 weeks later...