Toon Army: North America

Guest toonarmymia

I wanna come down from Toronto for the Columbus game, gonna drive down. Anyone else driving in from far distances? With the current gas prices, I have to double-think, though.

Was considering driving from Saskatoon. Consideration didnt get very far though. Dont fancy the drive alone and it would certainly wouldnt be cheap. Probably cheaper to fly home and watch a match at SJP.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

There will be number of the Mobtown Magpies going to the Columbus match.  Still working on the numbers, but we're going to buy tickets in the south end of the stadium there, with all the other Newcastle supporters.  Can't wait!

Mobtown Magpies - just saw your Facebook page. Are you the group that gets together at Slainte in Fells Point? If you like we can put a link to your club/Facebook page on our listing of US clubs and taverns where NUFC fans get together - we already have a link to Slainte: http://bit.ly/fy6Bxe

There will be three from the Milwaukee group in Columbus. At least four of us so far will be in KC for sure, and probably more - another three or four are making plans. No one from here going to Orlando that I know of.

Yes that's us, we're at Slainte most weeks, although occasionally we are at someone's house, as was the case for the Liverpool match, where we had a nice breakfast spread.

Please put a link to our Facebook page on there.  That would be great.  Now I'l just sit back and watch our membership skyrocket!

Excuse my lack of knowledge of the geography of the US, but if I were to be staying in Boston, how accessible would any of the games be for me to get to? Would it be possible to do any with travel there and back same day?

Columbus is closest, but you'd still have to fly, and because it's a 7:30 p.m. game you wouldn't be back in Boston until the next day. It could be done in a 24 hour period, but it wouldn't be fun.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

So I'm hearing there's going to be a fourth match over here this summer, possibly on the East Coast.  Anybody know or heard anything?

Guest WisconsinMagpie

So I'm hearing there's going to be a fourth match over here this summer, possibly on the East Coast.  Anybody know or heard anything?

Interesting. I've found it a bit strange that the club would come all the way to the US to play just two MLS teams. Where did you hear that?

I'm really pissed off. Obviously they are coming nowhere near Calgary, where I live. But I'm going down to Orlando for a 3 week holiday, in July, unfortunately I come back home on the 21st and we play on the 23rd :(

Guest WisconsinMagpie

Apparently there's nothing to a fourth US match. NUFC told the Toon Army America boys the schedule couldn't be worked out.

I've been planning to skip Orlando because it's so far from the other matches and it's only a third-tier opponent. But I increasingly can't bear the thought of Newcastle United being anywhere in America without me. Is 3,116 miles, 49 hours and $347 in gas too crazy?

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3969/ustour.jpg

Guest WisconsinMagpie

You have a place to crash in Orlando.  Although hotels are really freaking cheap in Orlando.

Thanks, but you're right - via Priceline I can stay in a hotel in any of these cities cheaper than I can live at home. Flights are crazy expensive though. What I could use is an equally insane driving partner or two. But none of the NUFC crowd where I live can get away from their wives and day jobs long enough. I've managed to avoid those complications.

Hopefully we'll meet and tip a few at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a ticket to Kansas City, because tickets in the south end for the Columbus game seem sold out. No idea how I'm getting there, where I'm staying or, quite honestly, how far away it is from here.

Why pick friendlies in the most desolate places in the country?  :lol:

Bought a ticket to Kansas City, because tickets in the south end for the Columbus game seem sold out. No idea how I'm getting there, where I'm staying or, quite honestly, how far away it is from here.

When you get to Kansas City you'll see how far from desolate it actually is.  Very cool city.

edit: Also, it's about a 10 hour drive if you swing down through St Louis (which I recommend).

Guest toonarmymia

The Orlando City match also has a Newcastle Supporters Section, you can get it through ticketmaster (easy to find) and the password for the section is "TOON" so we can all sit together.

us and the nyc crowd sitting together in this section

The Orlando City match also has a Newcastle Supporters Section, you can get it through ticketmaster (easy to find) and the password for the section is "TOON" so we can all sit together.

Want me to get a pre-game meetup together?

Parking really sucks at the Citrus Nowl but we can take a bus from a pub downtown out to the Bowl.  Would be a great pre-game time and help with parking as well.

When you get to Kansas City you'll see how far from desolate it actually is.  Very cool city.

edit: Also, it's about a 10 hour drive if you swing down through St Louis (which I recommend).

Flying I think, so no car. Any idea where to stay?

Guest toonarmymia

Want me to get a pre-game meetup together?

Parking really sucks at the Citrus Nowl but we can take a bus from a pub downtown out to the Bowl.  Would be a great pre-game time and help with parking as well.

aye. will be fun

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DairylandMag

For anyone going to KC, SKC has released info on the much-anticipated VIP package.

It's $100 to watch a training session at the stadium the night before the match, with an autograph session after. You also get a commemorative scarf and souvenir credential. You can find contact info for the guy at SKC who can hook you up here: http://t.co/Fhg9Dll

Hope to meet some of you there.