Toon Army: North America

Guest toonarmymia

Guest Cdn_geordie

Looks like I'll be moving to Toronto next month, it's pretty much nailed on. Wheres the best place to go for Toon fans? It would be nice to see someone outside of England who supports a team outside the big 4

The Football Factory at Bathurst & Richmond is decent, usually full of plastic's though. Scallywags at Yonge & St. Clair usually has some Toon faithful there. Let me know when you're in town.

I certainly will. Cheers for the heads-up.

Guest Cdn_geordie

I wanna come down from Toronto for the Columbus game, gonna drive down. Anyone else driving in from far distances? With the current gas prices, I have to double-think, though.

Yeah. I'm in the exact same situation (Hamilton area). Although with exams and such, it makes for a very tight schedule.

anyone know which players have gone over to the USA?  Can't see any squad details on the likes of .com or the official site.

Don't worry Shola travelled  :thup:

Guest BooBoo

Any chance of a thread title change?

Nobody with any sense of normality makes any reference to that ghastly phrase "Toon Army".

Guest BooBoo

Apart from in the stands. Every match day.

Maybe in the Family Enclosure amongst 5 year olds but most fans I know, hate it.

Guest BooBoo

The only chant I know of featuring the words "Toon" and "Army" is

Toon Toon

Black and White Army

I dont think Toon Army has been chanted since 1995.

The Junior Magpies used to sing it in the Odeon at the beamback games in the 90s, chorus led by some Century Radio buffoons. Not me, I was a miserable sod even then.

Wooden seats tastic they were, only went to two of them, got beat both times, what a load of shite.

:lol:

I cant remember anyone chanting that, home or away, for years. It was popular in the 90s.

it got an outing at doncaster at least in my last away game. not me though, couldn't remember the words.

Guest BooBoo

Is it really that big of deal?

Not reallly, I just cringe whenever the media refer to us as "the famous Toon Army."